Cable Tv

SCARLETIBIS1

I'm moving to a new apartment soon and neither True Vision nor the other satellite company seems to have Algezeera or Fox News. Anyway, does anyone know of any alternative programming that I might buy from another source? Someone mentioned a 'black box' deal. Any help would be appreciated.

wetv.co.th 053418720 053418730

Check site

"Dear our Valved Customer Since September 1st 2010 Our Company have Change the official time into Mon-. Sat. 08.00 am - 5.30 pm And will be Closed on every Sunday and Holidays. • V-TV program you have to avoid being suspended. We must pay you within 25 days of every month, the V-TV subscribers, thank you."

ChangPuek Gate, south 1 block, turn left(east) at the new FC CMai football field. Go east 2-300 meters; Wetv is on the left, can't miss it.

Been a happy customer for over a year now. Apparently they have new programs (HD,) requiring a box?, at same price as normal subscription. Have not had time to go there yet to confirm. Cheers

wetv.co.th 053418720 053418730

Check site

"Dear our Valved Customer Since September 1st 2010 Our Company have Change the official time into Mon-. Sat. 08.00 am - 5.30 pm And will be Closed on every Sunday and Holidays. • V-TV program you have to avoid being suspended. We must pay you within 25 days of every month, the V-TV subscribers, thank you."

ChangPuek Gate, south 1 block, turn left(east) at the new FC CMai football field. Go east 2-300 meters; Wetv is on the left, can't miss it.

Been a happy customer for over a year now. Apparently they have new programs (HD,) requiring a box?, at same price as normal subscription. Have not had time to go there yet to confirm. Cheers

Thanks. I'll fiind it. I wonder why the big boys don't have fox or aljazeera or usa football.

We especially love Ch 17, 18, & 19 on WE TV -- mostly English-language movies with Thai subtitles; sometimes European movies with Thai subtitles (no English subtitles unfortunately). They have the schedule for the month available on their website. A very eclectic mix of films. I check out the day's schedule with the help of rottentomatoes.com for reviews. We've watched some enjoyable movies we never would have picked up at the DVD store.

Also, like to watch the Chiang Mai local programing on Ch. 25, although that is all in Thai. They cover local events, like live broadcast of the Flower Festival Parade, etc and feature profiles of local businesses. I think it's the only truly local TV station in Chiang Mai.

Yes, a box is required to have access to 200 digital channels. (deposit:300 bahts) same subscription

You can call or go there to request it

Tango, thank you for the phone # for WE TV.

They don't operate in Lamphun, but when my wife called they gave her the number for the equivalent company in Lamphun.

I now have Al Jazeera and Fox News, plus a bunch of movie channels for 300 bht a month, 6 month contract.

Don't get BBC though, which doesn't bother me much as it's pretty rubbish anyway, unless you like football.

• 2 months later...

WeTV is a shadow of its former self, from before WC 2010 when Supersports (rugger, cricket, F1 etc) and BBC were pulled. Lots of naff movies now (often having French/Italian films or music at prime time) and way too much Yanky TV! At one point it was better than UBC... I guess we were just being spoilt before.

I now have Al Jazeera and Fox News, plus a bunch of movie channels for 300 bht a month, 6 month contract.

Don't get BBC though, which doesn't bother me much as it's pretty rubbish anyway, unless you like football.

You're confused. BBC is a news channel not sports, but if you think it's rubbish while lauding Fox, well... laugh.png

Al Jazeera is also way down the pecking order as a news source, unless you like hearing mainly about the Middle East and such places.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just paid my bill and was told of the new channel line up.

BBC World News is (probably) replacing Aljazeera, and then there will be 10/11 channels from True including one called Special Sport. Football was mentioned. Other True channels include Siam(something), Football Siam, Golf Channel, Toon, True Explore, Speed Channel, Reality Channel and as couple of others my Thai reading skills can't work out.

Channel 52 on my piece of paper has another BBC scribble on it but the Thai handwriting is terrible.

Can't see anything of note not on there .

WeTV is a shadow of its former self, from before WC 2010 when Supersports (rugger, cricket, F1 etc) and BBC were pulled. Lots of naff movies now (often having French/Italian films or music at prime time) and way too much Yanky TV! At one point it was better than UBC... I guess we were just being spoilt before.

You're confused. BBC is a news channel not sports, but if you think it's rubbish while lauding Fox, well... laugh.png

Al Jazeera is also way down the pecking order as a news source, unless you like hearing mainly about the Middle East and such places.

Hmmmm, my complaint about BBC is that it plays too much sport ie football instead of doing what it should be and showing NEWS. Also, they show far too much self promotion and repeat the same news items ad nauseam.

BBC World News is (probably) replacing Aljazeera, and then there will be 10/11 channels from True including one called Special Sport. Football was mentioned. Other True channels include Siam(something), Football Siam, Golf Channel, Toon, True Explore, Speed Channel, Reality Channel and as couple of others my Thai reading skills can't work out.

Channel 52 on my piece of paper has another BBC scribble on it but the Thai handwriting is terrible.

Oh no. Replacing a good news channel ( Al Jazeera ) with a mediocre one ( BBC ) is not a good move.

Hmmmm, my complaint about BBC is that it plays too much sport ie football instead of doing what it should be and showing NEWS. Also, they show far too much self promotion and repeat the same news items ad nauseam.

BBC doesn't show football or any other sports as has been explained before.

Thanks for the link. Can anybody please share any similar links to: National Geographic, History Channel, cartoon channel or similar programs.

Thanks again.

you might want to look at this service... allows you some basic channels for free and then if you want to pay, you get HD and more premium viewing... but there is no obligation to pay and you only have to claim to be US citizen living abroad (if i remember correctly) and join up for free... been a member over 6 months and never gotten any spam from them or other hassles.

http://ustvnow.com/

• 3 weeks later...

BBC doesn't show football or any other sports as has been explained before.

Wrong. It shows heaps of British football.

Oh no. Replacing a good news channel ( Al Jazeera ) with a mediocre one ( BBC ) is not a good move.

Changes came in last night. Now have BBC as well as Al Jazeera, but have lost 2 English language movie channels.

The broadcasting rights to English football are held by British Sky Sports and ESPN, not BBC TV so if anybody including THAIBEACHLOVERS has "loads of football" on their BBC channel please confirm broadcast times.In the meantime I will continue to put up with live coverage of every EPL game plus coverage of La Liga and Sertie A on the True Sports channels

The broadcasting rights to English football are held by British Sky Sports and ESPN, not BBC TV so if anybody including THAIBEACHLOVERS has "loads of football" on their BBC channel please confirm broadcast times.In the meantime I will continue to put up with live coverage of every EPL game plus coverage of La Liga and Sertie A on the True Sports channels

Sorry, you misunderstand. They do not broadcast whole matches, but do have so called "sports news" which is a nonsense, as sports are not "news" and why the BBC thinks the entire world follows British soccer is beyond me ( it's supposed to be INTERNATIONAL news ). They show highlights of games and interviews with so called sports personalities. Considering that I LOATHE all so called sport involving men chasing dead animal skins around, even 15 minutes of the stuff is "loads" to me, and is a reason why I rarely waste my time sitting through the endless self promotion and continuous repeats of the 5 minutes of real news to bother turning on BBC. Once upon a time they actually provided a GREAT service to the world. Now they're just a pathetic excuse to sell advertising.

Al Jazeera English language channel beats the pants off them every time. Has to be the best tv news service in the world at present.

If the BBC ever remembers that news is about events shaping the world, and not some overpaid egos running around a field, I'll watch them again. How the mighty has fallen- sad!

Thaibeachlovers I didn't misunderstand you at all.YOU made the statement that the BBC were transmitting loads of football,which they are not, and now admit your were wrong.Its always better to stick with the facts.Now you have extended your frustation to include ALL sports news being covered by the BBC. Have you ever wondered why? It's called public interest . I would suggest that you blacklist the BBC and write to them and question why they have the temerity to cover sport news at all.I'm sure they will be eternally grateful.

More like conspiracy theory news. RT= Russia Today.

The Economist magazine which classified RT's reporting as "weirdly constructed propaganda" has suggested that the channel has provided a platform to conspiracy theorists.[28] Julia Ioffe claims that Russia Today is a Kremlin propaganda outlet featuring "fringe-dwelling experts" and "was just a way to stick it to the U.S. from behind the façade of legitimate newsgathering."[29]

Ben Smith criticized an interview between Alex Jones and Russia Today discussing Osama bin Laden death conspiracy theories and called Russia Today a "raw propaganda channel."[30]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)