Udon Thani Busses Running Still? Flood?

Headed up to Laos for the visa run VIA Udon Thani, was going to head to mo chit tomorrow to book a trip up there with Chan tours. Does anyone know if these busses are still running given the flood disaster? or are they taking an alternative route that might take more than the stated 8 hours?

Believe it would be highway 305 to normal highway 1. Can get on highway 305 from East Outer Ring Road and it will bypass the flooded sections of highway 1. Another route would be highway 304. But as both cross the area where floodwaters are now pushing not sure it they will continue to be open (but bus can take a lot more water that a car).

What is the alternative main route? Anyone got a link?

Does it really matter because it's dark outside usually when most of them go?:rolleyes:

Best to just close your eyes and sleep through it all. I came back on NCA

to Chiang Mai last week and okay it added two hours to the journey but who cares?

I've got to go to Laos soon too.

I live in Ayuttaya, but have just evacuated in a shitty, old free government bus.. made it through some serious water. I'm confident it'll be okay to Udon, after a few prayers and a red bull.

It's just the rangsit area i would have concerns about.... Bangkok's gonna get it big time in 24 hours.