100,000 Baht Fire At French Couple’S House In East Pattaya

Rimmer

100,000 Baht fire at French Couple’s house in East Pattaya

PATTAYA: -- A house fire, thought to be caused by a spark from a steel cutting device took hold of a Frenchman’s house in Soi Nongabok in East Pattaya on Tuesday Afternoon. Fire Rescue Units were called to the house located at the Nirvana Pool Villa 2 Estate. They were met by Mr. and Mrs. Coutelet who revealed that workmen had been cutting steel and sparks are believed to have ignited plastic sheeting in the roof area. After 30 tense minutes the fire was brought under-control and the damage was assessed by the French couple

Full story and pictures HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2011-10-19

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Is this a case of that very cheap roof insulation that bursts into flames as soon as a spark hits it. My neighbour put some under his carport and a welder then caused it to burst into flames and spread from one end of the carport to the other in about two seconds, he had to clean and paint the end of his house and an adjoining guest house as a result. I suspect this same insulation was the problem when Global House burnt down here in Chiang Mai. Incidentally my neighbour bought his insulation from Global.