Help! - Overstaying

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry, but if you have made it all the way to Thailand, and now worry about the trip to Cambodia, maybe you should have done a little more forward planning in case of these kind of situations.

I know when I was a wee young backpacker, I was super duper aware of all these things, and scared shi@less of something going even a little bit wrong.

Go to immigration, or do a quick and easy border crossing, no doubt with a group of farrangs on the same trip. :o

Im sorry, but if you have made it all the way to Thailand, and now worry about the trip to Cambodia, maybe you should have done a little more forward planning in case of these kind of situations.

I know when I was a wee young backpacker, I was super duper aware of all these things, and scared shi@less of something going even a little bit wrong. 

Go to immigration, or do a quick and easy border crossing, no doubt with a group of farrangs on the same trip.  :D

I did that. Took a trip with some other farangs to Cambodia alone, it's no big deal you will be fine just use your brain :o

Go to immigration, or do a quick and easy border crossing, no doubt with a group of farrangs on the same trip.  :D

I did that. Took a trip with some other farangs to Cambodia alone, it's no big deal you will be fine just use your brain :o

But you were with other foreigners. Im talking about going by myself, cab driver and thats it. I was supposed to go with my uncle but at the last minute the plans changed, so thats why I overstayed.

If your refering to Poipet , its not the nicest place in the world but you should have no problems. You are only going 500 metres or so into Cambodia. Just a lot of beggars and touts. If you keep your wits about you , youll be ok.

If your refering to Poipet , its not the nicest place in the world but you should have no problems. You are only going 500 metres or so into Cambodia. Just a lot of beggars and touts. If you keep your wits about you , youll be ok.

thanks. Im going to try and get a 10 day extension and then just go on the 21st with my friends. Does anyone know how much this will cost?

Edited by funkygirl

Is she really a sweety ?  Hmmmmmmmmmmmm   :D

Thats what I've been told :D

Well maybe she should get off her "sweety" butt and do her border run on time...... :D

She shows such a callous disregard for authority for one so young...... :o

Hey, not all of us Derek. I've never overstayed :D

Exactly Maid of Ice........... :D

Not all youth is wasted on the young, some show remarkable maturity...... :D

not even close. backpacks are for suckers. I'm more of a '4 star or better' traveller.

Get off you're large Canadian arse and get to the border.

I'm only 17, I'm not fat yet. And the reason i'm going so late is because its either pend 3000Baht on a private car and go alone, or spend 1000B and go with two friends who've been to Cambodia before.

So not being a sucker take some good advice ( insert Neeranam) and head for the renewal NOW or change the opinion of yourself and rebook your accomodation - just buy a backpack and you will fit right in. :o

I just did ask the TV audience  :o

Don't worry your pretty little head over these dirty men :D

Careful using head and men in the same sentence this young & pretty Canadian may get the wrong turn on things to come!!

Visa runs are advertised daily in the English Newspaper cost from memory 2000 baht - your 10 day @ 1900 + the 2000 on 21st is not good money management.

Another thing to think about once you are on overstay you place yourself @ the whim of all sorts peoples - those that will offer to help etc even @ the border - young lady you asked for advice the majority seem to tell you to do the right thimg if you didn't want the advice then you shouldn't have asked.

Edited by mijan24

And what about the 3 offices we have to passe by ? #1 give 300 Bht #2give 200 Bht and whent you get at the 3 they ask a lot of more $$$

Ive given to them a lot of $$$ and it cost is more 3.000 Bht they are very corrupt !!! they rob you in many ways !

the best is to take a mini bus travel agencys offers for the 1900 or 2000 bht

Can anyone tell me how to get a 10 day extension on my visa? Preferably without having to go into BKK. thanks.

Apply at any immigration office in Thailand. You'll get 10 days from the day your visa has expired, and you will also have to pay the fine for the time you overstayed already.

It seems kinda 'not fair' when your in this situation, but the 'fault' is clearly on your side for overstaying! :o

Hi, I'm 17 and Canadian, in Thailand on a tourist visa. I'm supposed to be renewing my passport today (Nov 14), but for several reasons i can't get to Cambodia until next monday, the 21st. I know I'll have to pay a fine, but will there be any other problems I should know about?

Thanks.

Some people have more money than sence @ 200bht per day overstay is an expensive lesson. But @ 17 probably spending Mummy or Daddy's money anyway. They mark overstays in passports also. Don't forget to keep the receipt to show Mum & Dad honey.

But @ 17 probably spending Mummy or Daddy's money anyway. They mark overstays in passports also. Don't forget to keep the receipt to show Mum & Dad honey.

I wouldn't agree here.

I'm also the same age as funkygirl and I earn and spend my own money, I don't think the way you assumed that she'd be spending her Mum and Dad's money just because of her age is very thoughtful of you.

Next time I expect better from someone a little older.