Getting To The Truth

Boggers

It may be stating the obvious to say that many Thai girls (but not all) don't view honesty as a virtue, but it I have become cynical enough to doubt even the most seemingly trustworthy TG. It seems to be a cultural thing that a TG can always justify her dishonesty in her own mind.

My question is this - is there anything that can be done to get a TG to admit to the truth? Do they give an honest answer if they swear to Buddha, ancestors, etc...? Not that I want to back anyone into a corner, but it would be quite nice to have a trump card for getting the facts when the truth needs to be known.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It may be stating the obvious to say that many Thai girls (but not all) don't view honesty as a virtue, but it I have become cynical enough to doubt even the most seemingly trustworthy TG. It seems to be a cultural thing that a TG can always justify her dishonesty in her own mind.

My question is this - is there anything that can be done to get a TG to admit to the truth? Do they give an honest answer if they swear to Buddha, ancestors, etc...? Not that I want to back anyone into a corner, but it would be quite nice to have a trump card for getting the facts when the truth needs to be known.

Thai girls know farangs are liars. They are meeting men everyday, who make idle promises to them. It's no wonder they lie too.

Having said that, I would never trust a bg. Just take them for what they are. Working girls. It's all part of the job. Take the opening lie. "hello handsome man"

need I say more?

My question is this - is there anything that can be done to get a TG to admit to the truth?
you need to use psychology ..ask her with same Question, look at her eyes ..force her as investigate room (as a cop :o )
Do they give an honest answer if they swear to Buddha, ancestors, etc...?

i dont think so .

If you don't trust the person that you are with, whatever the nationality, then go away and find someone that you can trust. No-one lies because of his or her nationality.

Oh, and can we stop calling people 'tg' and 'bg', please? Such terms suggest that people fit into stereotypes ('all tg's lie'). Such generalisations may seem to make the world simpler to deal with but they are just not true. I also think that such abbreviations are a sign of disrespect in that we are saying the subject is so unimportant to us that we cannot be bothered to write the name or description in full.

It seems to be a cultural thing that a TG can always justify her dishonesty in her own mind.

I agree with this statement.

There is no point in holding a gun to thier heads or forcing a polygraph test.

Just spend plenty of time reading between the lines and dont deny yourself the opportunity mimic thier behaviour. A relationship with a Thai lady is about understanding and accomodationing the cultural differences. Dont feel obliged to tell the truth yourself all the time, have fun out there.

:o

There would be 2 things I would look for. First watch her body language. If she can’t look you in the eye when she says it, it may be of concern. Second is see who will benefit most from what she is saying. Other than that you are on your own.

Honesty, integrity and high morals are not important in Thailand.

The only positive way to know if a Thai is not being truthfull.

Watch to see if the lips are moving.

Never, ever, trust a Thai.

Had a bad experience in the past have we? Got burned and now use it as a reason to tar all with the same brush? :o

I think so :D

it would be quite nice to have a trump card for getting the facts when the truth needs to be known.

You need to give her ALL of your money, don't hold any back. Then let her control all your assets, then she has nothing to lie for - works every time! :D

:o foolproof.... Class response pnustedt... :D

"It seems to be a cultural thing that a TG can always justify her dishonesty in her own mind."

Very true and also true with most other nationalities. The thing to do is to compair your reasoning on the matter.

The bg definition of a "handsome man" is a man that would not mind parting with some money, your definition could be a man that look good.

Both of you have your own valid definitions but become liers in the others eyes.

Another problem is loss of face. In the west this happens when you do something bad, you know it and you feel ashamed. In Asia you loose face when someone else proves that you are wrong, the fact that you know you did something bad have nothing to do with it. :D

So just sitt down and discuss the reasoning and definitions to get an understanding then just agree to disagree. :o

not when their lips are moveing,, its when their lips stop moveing that youre in trouble...the response to a question being scilence and the <thousand yard thai stare> then the farang keeps rephrasing the question,, geting no responce other than a smile,, until he fools him or herself into believing what <he >wants to believe

heres a cultural question..my thai woman friend lied about owning her new car, when i firsy met her

my amigos gf did the same about her new truck

is this a common lie?

if so , why lie??

Had a bad experience in the past have we? Got burned and now use it as a reason to tar all with the same brush? :o

I think so :D

When it comes to the mean green ,their all suspect but when commenting on my great looks they demonstrate amazing truthability,,,,,,,,,amazing thailand :D

Lying is a skill like anything else, some are better at it than others,

no sure way to know unless they're really bad at it.

Take used car salesmen for instance, they can look you in the eye while peeing on your leg and telling you it's raining, :o:D

It seems to be a cultural thing that a TG can always justify her dishonesty in her own mind.

I agree with this statement.

There is no point in holding a gun to thier heads or forcing a polygraph test.

Just spend plenty of time reading between the lines and dont deny yourself the opportunity mimic thier behaviour. A relationship with a Thai lady is about understanding and accomodationing the cultural differences. Dont feel obliged to tell the truth yourself all the time, have fun out there.

:o

That's not a relationship in my book. It's playing a game. I couldn't handle being constantly on guard with my wife in the long run, nor would I want to.

In over 4 years I have never had any trust issues with my present girlfriend. I did have such issues with my ex however.

My advice is, if truth and trust matter to you, make sure you look long and hard, and in the right places before making a commitment with someone. And if you are going to live here, make an effort to adapt in the ways you feel comfortable with.

If you are looking for casual sex, then let it remain casual sex. No commitments - no relationship. She won't feel obliged to remain faithful either.

Amen to that there Skipper, words of wisdom. The Profesor has taught you well. And for the dude who commented to you skip that you got burned in this country, who in the world hasn't? No one, correctamundo :o

What a negative statement about Thai people, you must have had a bad experience, don't judge the whole population on that.

I know a lot of Thais who I would trust with my life.

What a negative statement about Thai people, you must have had a bad experience, don't judge the whole population on that.

Thanks for correcting me. I am not as bitter as I seem :o .

I had a taxi return my phone once and a ticket seller at ONE TO GO AIRLINES last week chased me down with some forgotten change.

I've spent 15 years here, traveling, living and running a business.

I know lots of good Thai people. Would trust them with my life.

I also would double check the change if I bought a cup of cofee from them. :D

They arn't bad people, just never been taught any better.

Cheating is a major pastime here.

Edited by The Skipper

Can you trust any girl,Thai of Farang,I've never found any diffirence.lol

Of course you can, try not to let personal experience generalize all females.

This coming from someone with so much experience or is this experience in telling lies. :o Is it also your point to let others lie and you just put up a blind eye to it? :D

Thanks for correcting me. I am not as bitter as I seem :o .

I had a taxi return my phone once and a ticket seller at ONE TO GO AIRLINES last week chased me down with some forgotten change.

I've spent 15 years here, traveling, living and running a business.

I know lots of good Thai people. Would trust them with my life.

I also would double check the change if I bought a cup of cofee from them. :D

They arn't bad people, just never been taught any better.

Cheating is a major pastime here.

Dude, you are still a racist. You would trust them with your life, but still check the change? Wow, I would not like to have you as a friend!

I check the change as well, as anyone should. Mistakes are common. I think this is more due to sloppiness than anything else since I see bills wrongly calculated in both directions.

Ripoffs are only common where lots of tourists go - these places seem to attract dishonest people (perhaps not entirely unrelated to the high percentage of shady foreigners you meet here as well).

There are few people in this world I would trust with my life.