How Do I Download The Videos From This Web Page?

Puccini

I would like to download the two videos from this web page for my personal record: http://www.manager.co.th/Home/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9540000135004

Is there a way to do it, for example with an add-in to Firefox or Chrome? I see several video clips from ASTV on YouTube, which makes me think that a download from the website should be possible.

Edited by Puccini

You can not download videos played in Flash Player. As far as I'm aware the only way to get a copy is to use a screen recorder (eg. Camtasia)

Actually you can as I do it often. I use RealPlayer downloader and DownloadHelper. The latter can automatically convert from flash .flv files to other formats. Another one which I haven't tried is Download Flash and Video.

There are some sites that will block the ability though and it appears the site the OP is interested in is one of them.

An example of the popup that shows when hovering over a youtube video:

post-566-0-26224200-1319363825_thumb.jpg

I have to correct myself. There is .flv which is flash video and there is .swf (small web format). The latter is more difficult to download but here is a howto: Downloading embedded swf files. Unfortunately, also doesn't work for that site as only the .swf frame shows up in the list and the actual video that is embedded into the frame doesn't.

I even got StreamTransport to download a video on the BBC news website yesterday. These are normally very hard to do since the links are encrypted.

However, the program hasn't been updated in a while, so not sure how long it will remain useful.

Anyone know of any software to download BBC Iplayer videos? I couldn't get StreamTransport to work for these.

Edited by katana