Arcade Bus Station

jayinoz

The old Arcade Bus Station is still in operation. The new terminal being built in the block immediately south of the old bus station is not open as of today, but getting closer. At any rate, the location is essentially the same; if you find one, you've found the other.

Wikimapia

Edited to insert link.

Edited by MrBrad

re ... I had heard that they were building it right across the street from the old Arcade bus station, but have no idea if it is true

it is !

and mr brad is right that it will probably opening soon but its so wide

i had to take 2 pictures to get it in.

pic 1 ... the front left side

pic 2 ... the front right

reason for edit ... dumbo dave forgot to put the pics in : (

dave2

post-42592-0-09091100-1319331453_thumb.j

post-42592-0-67751000-1319331486_thumb.j

Edited by dave2

re ... I had heard that they were building it right across the street from the old Arcade bus station, but have no idea if it is true

it is !

and mr brad is right that it will probably opening soon but its so wide

i had to take 2 pictures to get it in.

pic 1 ... the front left side

pic 2 ... the front right

Doesn't look too big does it.. Almost looks like the old one will remain in operation too, perhaps after some renovation?

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

re .. Doesn't look too big does it

its huge winnie honest !

these are the original pics before i croped them and i think your right about them renovating

the old arcade coz it could do with it : (

dave2

The intention is to use the new one as an extension to the old one, not replace it. The old one will be renovated but apparently no money is available for this work yet. IMO the new one shows a complete lack of vision as far as design is concerned, it's just same old same.

its huge winnie honest !

these are the original pics before i croped them and i think your right about them renovating

dave2

The intention is to use the new one as an extension to the old one, not replace it. The old one will be renovated but apparently no money is available for this work yet. IMO the new one shows a complete lack of vision as far as design is concerned, it's just same old same.

That's still traditional Thai building when it comes to government buildings. all over Thailand you find the same cookie-cutter designs for bus stations, post offices, tambon/sub disctrict offices, police stations, district hospitals and so on. It's functional though. And when you know one, you know them all. ;)

its huge winnie honest !

dave2

That's still traditional Thai building when it comes to government buildings. all over Thailand you find the same cookie-cutter designs for bus stations, post offices, tambon/sub disctrict offices, police stations, district hospitals and so on. It's functional though. And when you know one, you know them all. ;)

What would we do without you.

Your knowledge is invaluable.:)