Desperate Woman Attempts Suicide

britmaveric

Desperate Woman attempts Suicide in Soi Skeow Beach, Central Pattaya.

There was some late night drama inside Soi Skeow Beach in Central Pattaya in the early hours of Sunday Morning which nearly ended in death. Police Captain Sompon from Pattaya Police Station was called to the Beow Beauty Salon to investigate a young woman who had positioned herself on the roof of the building and was threatening to jump.

As you can see from our pictures, she was sat on the edge of the roof and was not prepared to speak with anyone. As Police and friends of the girl attempted to coax her down from the roof, the woman decided to throw herself off the roof. Luckily her fall was broken by an aluminum roof and some refuse bins. As Police and rescue workers approached the attempted suicide victim, she appeared lifeless and blood was coming from her head.

Everyone feared the worst but after an initial check, she was alive. Khun Dungtar aged 35 from Khon Ken Province was rushed to hospital and soon regained consciousness. So why did she jump? It appears that the episode was over 2,000 Baht. The story begins when she introduced her friend to a local bar owner where she begun to work. The so-called friend requested a cash advance from the Scandalic bar of 2,000 Baht which the owner gave her. The friend then ran away with the cash and did not return.

The responsibility for the theft was put on Khun Dungtar and she received a 2,000 Baht cut from her salary. Khun Dungtar has two children who are cared for by her family in Khon Ken Province and she is required to send money back to her family every month. For this month she could not do this causing her to fall into a depression and on this night the depression in combination with heavy drinking led her to this suicide attempt.

-Pattaya City News

Monday 14th November 2005

sorry if i have offended you J D , but i have no respect for drunken mothers , there is no excuse for it , your probley one of the lucky ones

Have you no compassion at all?

For this month she could not do this causing her to fall into a depression and on this night the depression in combination with heavy drinking led her to this suicide attempt.

Put yourself in the position of the young woman... she had a good respectable job, she regularly sent money back to her family in Khon Kaen to take care of her two kids whilst she earned money, her so-called "friend" borrows what was probably half her monthly salary and disappears... and she's left wondering how she's going to find the money to replace it and continue supporting her family... :o

A very depressing situation.

I don't think it's fair to assume she's a "drunken mother". Although the report says she was depressed and drunk at the time of the incident, there is no mention of a drinking problem.

I feel sorry for her.

Desperate Woman attempts Suicide in Soi Skeow Beach, Central Pattaya.

There was some late night drama inside Soi Skeow Beach in Central Pattaya in the early hours of Sunday Morning which nearly ended in death. Police Captain Sompon from Pattaya Police Station was called to the Beow Beauty Salon to investigate a young woman who had positioned herself on the roof of the building and was threatening to jump.

As you can see from our pictures, she was sat on the edge of the roof and was not prepared to speak with anyone. As Police and friends of the girl attempted to coax her down from the roof, the woman decided to throw herself off the roof. Luckily her fall was broken by an aluminum roof and some refuse bins. As Police and rescue workers approached the attempted suicide victim, she appeared lifeless and blood was coming from her head.

Everyone feared the worst but after an initial check, she was alive. Khun Dungtar aged 35 from Khon Ken Province was rushed to hospital and soon regained consciousness. So why did she jump? It appears that the episode was over 2,000 Baht. The story begins when she introduced her friend to a local bar owner where she begun to work. The so-called friend requested a cash advance from the Scandalic bar of 2,000 Baht which the owner gave her. The friend then ran away with the cash and did not return.

The responsibility for the theft was put on Khun Dungtar and she received a 2,000 Baht cut from her salary. Khun Dungtar has two children who are cared for by her family in Khon Ken Province and she is required to send money back to her family every month. For this month she could not do this causing her to fall into a depression and on this night the depression in combination with heavy drinking led her to this suicide attempt.

-Pattaya City News

Monday 14th November 2005

This is a very sad news!!! for only 2.000 Bhts is this the cost of her life !

she had a good respectable job

Where?

She was introducing girls to work at a bar, somebody ran away with 2000 baht from the bar and she had 2000 baht deducted from her salary.

I am assuming she was working at the bar also.

Working in a bar is now "respectable" is it?

:o

My apologies... I misread the article and thought she was working at the Beow Beauty Salon. :D

Anyway, "acceptable" or "respectable" employment should not really come into the equation here... she was ripped off by her "friend" and she was at a loss to work out how to make ends meet for her family.

I can understand how she became depressed, and I don't think it's fair to assume she is a drunken mother.

Too quickly we judge people on assumptions.

I may be wrong, but I'd prefer to remain sympathetic and give her the benefit of any doubt.

Where?

She was introducing girls to work at a bar, somebody ran away with 2000 baht from the bar and she had 2000 baht deducted from her salary.

Shes working the bar to provide for her family, obviosly she 'lost face' and couldnt handle telling her family 'chan jon'. I hope she recovers well and her 2000bht gets reinbursed from somewhere. Heck, id happily send her 2000bht if it meant she wouldnt do it again.

Problems and drink just dont mix , be it 2000 baht or 2 million the outcomes always the same..............believe me i know.

This girls been lucky when you think of the possible outcome.

Wonder if the boss of the Scandalic Bar also realises the possible consequences of his/her actions.

OK J D i have visited the bar in question and told them you ( YOU ) are willing to go down and give them money towards the family's in the Thai villages so that this does not happen again , so good luck to you

but please do not flame me in the future as i find it very offensive , but unlike you i cannot turn to my mates for help as i live here in Thailand and would not have the cheek to offend people the way you do , once again aim sorry if i offend anyone put please stop threaten me and put it on this web site what you are saying to me

OK J D i have visited the bar in question and told them you  ( YOU ) are willing to go down and give them money towards the family's in the Thai villages so that this does not happen again , so good luck to you

but please do not flame me in the future as i find it very offensive , but unlike you i cannot turn to my mates for help as i live here in Thailand and would not have the cheek to offend people the way you do , once again aim sorry if i offend anyone put please stop threaten me and put it on this web site what you are saying to me

OK J D i have visited the bar in question and told them you  ( YOU ) are willing to go down and give them money towards the family's in the Thai villages so that this does not happen again , so good luck to you

Poppa, I did not flame you... I merely pointed out that we collectively do not know enough about this woman to say if she's a drunken mother or not from the report.

For the record, I too live here (in Pattaya actually) and am well aware of how the girls regularly send money home to their folks to take care of their kids and the rest of their families.

She was obviously in a sad predicament... and it got to her in such a way that she turned to the booze and tried to kill herself.

It's a shame... and I sympathise with her situation.

I say all of this as a regular ThaiVisa member, and not as a moderator, so please do not feel threatened by my comments.

I still prefer to remain sympathetic to her situation and give her the benefit of any doubt.

Too true

I think we had another thread like this a couple weeks back

Older Thai women,and in particular over 30 ....35...40 have an unhealthy view of their value.

Thats because they see the young ones getting the men.

I feel for this girl,was it honor,shame or fear??

I know plenty of older Thai women ...and I mean 40 s that regularly in a dark moment talk about ending it all.

quote=Jai Dee,2005-11-15 09:29:13]

Poppa, I did not flame you... I merely pointed out that we collectively do not know enough about this woman to say if she's a drunken mother or not from the report.

For the record, I too live here (in Pattaya actually) and am well aware of how the girls regularly send money home to their folks to take care of their kids and the rest of their families.

She was obviously in a sad predicament... and it got to her in such a way that she turned to the booze and tried to kill herself.

I say all of this as a regular ThaiVisa member, and not as a moderator, so please do not feel threatened by my comments.

I still prefer to remain sympathetic to her situation and give her the benefit of any doubt.

Greetings to All -

This is my soi, although was not there to see the tragedy. I felt so bad for her - and the gh also does a good business (fortunate for falang these days in Thailand).

When I saw her fall and smack her head up all I could wish is that she had died as she sustained a serious head injury - 'the twitch of death' was something PCN could have spared me. So she survived? I hope she is OK.

I would also like to say - what a good girl, so forlorn over B2000 and such a loss of face for her.

Last year I had to leave here as I was witnessing for whatever reason much tragedy and drama. It's not cool to see peoples lives wrecked or their death.

Everyone drinks to much here. My best Thai friends (female) are certifiable (sp) alcoholics.

CHA CHA!

Unfortunately this is a common occurrence, A girl tries to do right by a friend and gets ripped off....The bar owner instead of taking the money off her in a lump sum could have deducted X amount per month, still allowing her to send money back to her family. Most bar owners I know are aware of the "send money home" thing and how important it is to the girls.

This "friend" caused her loss of face with her family and also her Boss....couple that with loss of income...it is no surprise she was depressed. Getting drunk just made the problem worse.

Sympathies to the girl............brickbats to the friend and the Bar owner

Too true

I think we had another thread like this a couple weeks back

Older Thai women,and in particular over 30 ....35...40 have an unhealthy view of their value.

Thats because they see the young ones getting the men.

I feel for this girl,was it honor,shame or fear??

I know plenty of older Thai women ...and I mean 40 s that regularly in a dark moment talk about ending it all.

quote=Jai Dee,2005-11-15 09:29:13]

O K good man , so when are you going down to give her the money

OK J D i have visited the bar in question and told them you   ( YOU ) are willing to go down and give them money towards the family's in the Thai villages so that this does not happen again , so good luck to you

If every one who had a hard time committed suicide, life on earth would have ceased

thousands of years ago, when we talk about respect, who are we respecting, a woman

who left her children without a mother. Selfish selfish slefish, her problems where

allot less than her children now have to face.

She took the easy way out, a coward, and you people are talking of respect. do not

make me laugh

The problem with this is political correctness where we are not able to give an

opinion.

Where?

When did become not respectful to work at a bar thaipwriter? :D

There is a time when you have to stop bailing staff out of trouble! the girl nicked the money and her mate (guarantor) paid for the price.

I don't think you can slag off the bar owner as he or she might have cash flow problems themselves, The girl also did'nt have to go out and get pissed did she? she could of got her head down and worked to try to earn the money back.

I'm in the process now of getting a long term staff member of mine arrested, I'm not happy about it but I WON"T be f***ed, not by anyone. :D

Edited by davethailand

Where?

There is a time when you have to stop bailing staff out of trouble! the girl nicked the money and her mate (guarantor) paid for the price.

I don't think you can slag off the bar owner as he or she might have cash flow problems themselves, The girl also did'nt have to go out and get pissed did she? she could of got her head down and worked to try to earn the money back.

I'm in the process now of getting a long term staff member of mine arrested, I'm not happy about it but I WON"T be f***ed, not by anyone. :D

This is the thing with some of the Thais Dave, will help them selves and if you where on your ass being thrown out the country, they would be waving you off with a smile (bye dave) without a care, So why she we bail them out, we shouldnt,

If i came into your bar run up a bill you would rightfully wont your money, It is your money, so I cannot see why it wouldnt work the same way with a Thai.

I think the sooner your sort out the problems you have in house the better, if other staff members see you being robbed, they will join the party.

Good luck

Where?

This is the thing with some of the Thais Dave, will help them selves and if you where on your ass being thrown out the country, they would be waving you off with a smile (bye dave) without a care, So why she we bail them out, we shouldnt,

If i came into your bar run up a bill you would rightfully wont your money, It is your money, so I cannot see why it wouldnt work the same way with a Thai.

I think the sooner your sort out the problems you have in house the better, if other staff members see you being robbed, they will join the party.

Good luck

I have a good team but as you say they don't give a toss about us really. I also fired my cashier of nearly 5 years. :D

Where?

Good luck

I have a good team but as you say they don't give a toss about us really. I also fired my cashier of nearly 5 years. :D

She fiddling with the dosh Dave?

Where?

Good luck

She fiddling with the dosh Dave?

Not as such (i do the accounts everyday) she was re-writing bills after the customer had paid then duplicating the tickets, not a scam she can pull of regularly but on this occasion she ****ed up and did with a bartercard transaction which of course she can't duplicate so she shot herself in the foot, bartercard bill was 3645bht she submitted 2700bht, of course it does'nt match up.

Dumb really because If she'd of just written more bills out then she would'nt have been caught.

Edited by davethailand

Pattaya is the pits in my opinion.

OK, there are some decent folks there, but you guys are the exception.

I've been speaking to a woman , and am now friendly with, who tried to kill herself as her English bf of a few years dumped her, and she had become dependant on substances. She is now getting treated for psych problems, and alcoholism/drug addiction at the largest treatment centre in Isaan. Unfortunately the story she tells is not an exception.

Every week there I speak to to the new batch of girls, and sometimes boys from Pattaya. I don't think most people in Pattaya realise the problems that that city causes people in Isaan. Hundreds of Issan girls have to detox every year from heroin, yaa ba, alcohol and sedatives. In my time there, I have seen hundreds of girls coming back time and again for detox. One woman is now on her 11th one month detox.

It makes me sick to go there and see these Western holiday makers treating these girls like animals.

Do they really think that these girls enjoy their work?

OK I see the worst side of these working girls possibly, but it really makes me wonder why Pattaya is not banned.

go slowly here ,if you through out every thief in thailand we would have nobody to serve us, can you imagine having to serve are selfs

You obviously have not seen the whole of Thailand.

Pattaya is not Thailand - it gets the worst from all over, including tourists.