Visa Run From Hua

I USUALLY FLY BUT FLOODS ETC COULD CAUSE A PROBLEM AS IM DUE TO FLY ON FRIDAY FROM SUVARNABHUMI TO HAT YAI AND BACK ALL IN A DAY.

I HAVE MY OWN TRUCK AND THINK DRIVING SOMEWHERE IS THE BEST OPTION

FINDING MY NEAREST INTERNATIONAL BORDER AND GOING ABOUT IT THAT WAY.

PLEASE ADVISE ME AS TO WHERE IS THE CLOSEST 100% PROBLEM FREE BORDER AND OTHER SUCH LOVELY INFORMATION

FOREVER GREATFUL

JAMBCO984

:jap: :jap:

Drive to the Andaman Club in Ranong, 850 Baht and no queing....can stay the night for 1,900 or 2,500 for 2 nights, have a great gym, sauna, swimming pool and buffet breakfast...if you want to do it in one day, leave Hua Hin about 5.30am and you will be back about 8pm...

Thank you, Lopburi3 I love your help its always great. I put Hua Hin in the subject area, suppose I could have put it in the main body of text too ;-)

Theres a border not far from Hua Hin shame folk have been talking about it for years and no one has made it an international crossing.

Looks like Ill make a trip to Ranong, is it like other borders, can get in and out asap. I want to smash it in a day.

Cheers PattayaPhom I would overnight but ive got family with me and need to entertain. Was going to use it as a holiday in a holiday but they are flying back to England on the Sunday and need to find a way to get them to Suvarnabhumi.

Thank you

We did the trip from Hua Hin to the Andaman Club via Ranong last week, its a long day but can be done.

We left HH about 6.30am and got back home about 9pm in the evening.

Very easy to find the Andaman Club pier we had just missed a boat so had a 40 minute wait for the next one, but you hand over your 850 baht and all the paperwork is done for you, you nip across on one of the Andaman Club boats takes about 10 minutes, hand over your passport and documents to the immigration guys at the landing pier and its all done in about 10 minutes, depending on the number of people who are also doing the border run, then you wait for a boat back to Ranong.

The worst part was the drive from Chumphon to Ranong the road is singe carriageway and very windy with lots of hills...... so if you get stuck behind something large then overtaking can be a bit difficult and dangerous!

Watch out for oncoming traffic on your side of the road!!!

Watch out for the road works etc at Chumphon you can easily miss the turn.

Hope you have a hassle free trip like we did.

Cheers

Vistana

Edited by vistana

Drive to the Andaman Club in Ranong, 850 Baht and no queing....can stay the night for 1,900 or 2,500 for 2 nights, have a great gym, sauna, swimming pool and buffet breakfast...if you want to do it in one day, leave Hua Hin about 5.30am and you will be back about 8pm...

We did the trip from Hua Hin to the Andaman Club via Ranong last week, its a long day but can be done.

We left HH about 6.30am and got back home about 9pm in the evening.

I can add my recommendations for the Andaman Club for your visa run. Done it 3 or 4 times and have always used taxis. Obviously more expensive than taking public transport or driving yourself, but we used to leave HH at 8am and be back between 5pm and 6pm. My fast (but safe) driver used to manage it in around 3.5 hours each way, plus 1 to 2 hours for the visa/boat stuff and some lunch before heading back.

:D Thank you vistana

:D Thank you TCA

It appears this will be the last ball ache for a while as Im transferring onto a non-b and then its only a letter and plain sailing.

oh after obtaining the visa from vientaine or however you spell it.

Thank you to all who have commented, yes Ive heard the roads are awful near there.

Cheers

:jap: :jap: