Calculative

ChAoS87

I have been searching and wondering what is the word 'calculative' in thai, as the following example.

John: Hey Philip, here is the ฿3510 which i owed you for the shirt you paid for me last week.

Philip: keep that ฿10, don't have to be so 'calulative'

The meaning of the word 'calculative' also mean something like being over-haggling over small details which not only relates to money issue, but also trivial matters. Is there a word in thai that applies to my given context? Thanks..

I'm not familiar with this that I got from a dictionary, but maybe คนช่างติ would do it?

nit-picker

[N] คนชอบจับผิดเล็กๆ น้อยๆ ในงานคนอื่น

[sL] คนช่างวิพากษ์วิจารณ์; คนช่างติ

(NECTEC Lexitron 2 EN-TH)

คิดเงิน is to calculate or be calculating (of monetary sense)

เค็ม is to be miserly..ขี้เค็ม is a miser but.....

ไม่เป็นไร ไม่ต้องจ่ายก็ได้ will sound more natural....

I don't know if an English speaker would really use the word 'calculative' in that context. I get what you mean- 'don't mean to be so exact'- but to do with money.

I guess 'fastidious' would cover it... จุกจิก - pronounced juk-jik (both low tones).

Edited by Rumblecat

Thanks for the answers guys, but I would just like to tweak my topic abit regarding 'Trivial matter'. For example, I bought my friend a meal as a good gesture for thanking him for what he does to me. He thanked me for my meal. I reply him, 'You're welcome, don't mention it, its a trivial matter. ไม่เป็นไรครับ มันแค่เรื่อง(เล็กน้อย, กระจอก, ขี้ผง, ขี้ปะติ๋ว)... Is it ok?

Thanks for the answers guys, but I would just like to tweak my topic abit regarding 'Trivial matter'. For example, I bought my friend a meal as a good gesture for thanking him for what he does to me. He thanked me for my meal. I reply him, 'You're welcome, don't mention it, its a trivial matter. ไม่เป็นไรครับ มันแค่เรื่อง(เล็กน้อย, กระจอก, ขี้ผง, ขี้ปะติ๋ว)... Is it ok?

i believe เล็กน้อย would be the choice of most here..