One Inch Brass Nipples....

PhayaoPete

Trying to be serious....I have a concrete, ringed water tank that I need to put in a 1" valve and need to find a brass nipple (no rust) as PVC will not do. Already have the ball valve and it is not a PVC valve. It will go to our water pump that has a one inch suction and the 3/4" going to it now is just not enough. It jerks and moans and just doesn't like the restriction. Even with several rolls (exaggeration) of that pipe tape, there is too much head pressure and can not do it with a PVC nipple. Anyone seen any place that might have such an item? I have already asked at that wonderful pump shop near the old bus station and they do not, or didn't back several months ago. Thanks PP

I am a bit confused about your post - if the 1" nipple is required on the suction side of your pump, there will be no pressure so that should not be a consideration.

If it on the discharge side, try to buy the nipple at a hydraulics shop. They should have nipples but they won't be brass but will be rust proof. If you really need a brass nipple, take a 1" PVC coupling to your local machine shop and ask them to machine a nipple to fit the thread. Brass will probably be the cheapest if they can get brass stock but stainless steel, copper, teflon and nylon are also options. A 1" nipple in Thai will sound something like "nippen tong luang neung niw".

Try the big home centre heading towards the Super Highway on the bus station road.

That's the type of place I would look.

Ah Scea, Home mart has nothing! I tried so many things because I was used to Home Pro. They have almost everything you need.

And BTW If you ask at Home mart: mai luu, mai daai. You have to look yourself.