Thai PM Yingluck Denies She Is Shedding Tears

webfact

Thailand should just give control of the country to the Americans and British until this mess is over as it is obvious they are too incompetent to be effective.

I'd think the Thai's would prefer the Japanese to be in charge.

They aren't? :unsure:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

who cares if she cried....she is a woman...they break down and cry all the time.....

having no idea what I was doing....and surrounded by people who also had no idea what they were doing....and likely don't even understand their gov't titles since they quit bombing rama 4 silom....i would cry too....hahaha

10.50 PM Yingluck calls for sympathy for not being able to protect against the nature of water http://fb.me/1kCqEtLyA/@NationChannel24 #thaifloodeng

Yes and what about the people who have lost their all and have nothing left to live for nor the money to start again Yingluck due to your (brothers) puppet governments inaction.

How insensitive you are, I suppose having a fortune at your manicured fingertips does indeed lessen the impact on you unlike the ordinary man and woman in the floods.

You must be proud of yourself.

This isn't Yingluck specific, though I do find her comment callous. Rather I'd just like to make a comment about politicians versus professionals in general.

In my career I've lost count of the times I've had to command ships through hurricanes, trying to protect men and property against "the nature of wind and water". If I failed even one time people would be dead, property would be lost, or at best my career would be finished. It disgusts me how politicians never seem to be held to account for their incompetence when they have taken oathes swearing to protect people from harm. More often than not they find a way to profit from their incompetence.

Siampolee and serenity,

Why can't many of you see that in 1942 - or for that matter - perhaps even before that flood, that ample could have been done... NOT just the past 10 years. It's decades of neglect, complacency, and lack of ownership for the flooding issue(s).