New Spokesman Named For FROC

webfact

New spokesman named for FROC

The Nation

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has asked Thongthong Chandrangsu, the new spokesman of the Flood Relief Operations Centre (FROC), to "communicate and make people understand more easily".

Thongthong, secretary-general of the Office of the Education Council, said he was initially asked to help the FROC work on legal issues and documents.

"Two days after , the prime minister summoned me and asked me to be spokesman as she believes I will be able to explain the information according to the public's needs and make them understand the situation more easily," he said.

Thongthong, who is replacing Pheu Thai deputy spokesman Wim Rungwattanajinda, declined to answer questions on whether the move suggested that there had previously been communication problems at the FROC.

Pheu Thai MP Natthawut Sai-kua insisted the previous FROC spokesman did his job well, but was replaced to suit the more serious level of crisis.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-10-28

"...she believes I will be able to explain the information according to the public's needs and make them understand the situation more easily."

Wow! To make matters worse, it looks like the forecast for the future will include a Snow Job to go along with all the rain and floods.

"Two days after , the prime minister summoned me and asked me to be spokesman as she believes I will be able to explain the information according to the public's needs and make them understand the situation more easily,"

When we had a coffee, she's asking me for a date. When I denied she said that I'll have to be the head of FROC, or better said their spokesman.

All I need to say is what people want to hear. And her older brother will join me soon..jap.gif

Pheu Thai MP Natthawut Sai-kua insisted the previous FROC spokesman did his job well, but was replaced to suit the more serious level of crisis.

The previous spokesman was probably selected using the same criteria as for the members of the cabinet: potential and capabilities

"Two days after , the prime minister summoned me and asked me to be spokesman as she believes I will be able to explain the information according to the public's needs and make them understand the situation more easily,"

When we had a coffee, she's asking me for a date. When I denied she said that I'll have to be the head of FROC, or better said their spokesman.

All I need to say is what people want to hear. And her older brother will join me soon..jap.gif

The new spokesman, Comical Ali.

post-81129-0-85373100-1319788787_thumb.j

Why is it an issue about appointing a spokesman? Of all the major issues of the day, this really is completely irrelevant. All they had to say, is that the previous FROC man was bad throat.

Or maybe a froc in his throat. And what business is it of Natthawuts? Is he the spokesman on the FROC spokesman? This bunch of fools has more spokesmen than the Tour de France (which neatly brings me back to frogs in the throat).

Here's an article from the BP, year 2009..very interesting indeed.....jap.gif

http://www.bangkokpo...om/print/23395/

post-108180-0-66731400-1319789411_thumb.

Edited by sirchai

post-73341-0-04732300-1319789434_thumb.j

"Bangkok will definitely not flood, and even when it does it won't be over a metre deep, except where it is 2.7m deep, unless we dig holes in some roads, the names of which escape me for now, they're not important, only poor people use them, but maybe the holes won't do any good, but maybe they will, but maybe they'll flood out a bunch of unimportant people living downhill from them, so what have we got to lose? Certainly not our marbles, they're long gone. Wibble".

Why is it an issue about appointing a spokesman? Of all the major issues of the day, this really is completely irrelevant. All they had to say, is that the previous FROC man was bad throat.

You are right, they could have avoided any negative feedback easily...instead they set themselves up for it.

"Pheu Thai MP Natthawut Sai-kua insisted the previous FROC spokesman did his job well, but was replaced to suit the more serious level of crisis."

well that says it all. How serious does it have to be to have a good spokesman who can communicate effectively? Froc seems an utter joke, and what genius decided on Don Muang as the base when it was one of the first areas to be flooded?

I don't think this was lost in translation, just a dumb remark that only helps to reduce confidence in the govt.

From another thread

Evacuate before arrival of floodwater: FROC

The Flood Relief Operations Centre on Friday urged Bangkok residents living in high risk areas to start evacuating before the arrival of floodwater.

"In several areas of inundation, residents would not move before seeing floodwater, hence triggering chaos and other inconveniences," FROC spokesman Tongthong Chandransu said.

Residents should brace for inundation without being panic, he said.

I am so glad they are continuing the habit of conveying messages which evoke the complete opposite of what they want

Hey everyone, brace for inundation, but don't panic. This is like a scene from airplane where every bolts for the door when asked to sit down calmly by the stewardess.

post-73341-0-04732300-1319789434_thumb.j

"Bangkok will definitely not flood, and even when it does it won't be over a metre deep, except where it is 2.7m deep, unless we dig holes in some roads, the names of which escape me for now, they're not important, only poor people use them, but maybe the holes won't do any good, but maybe they will, but maybe they'll flood out a bunch of unimportant people living downhill from them, so what have we got to lose? Certainly not our marbles, they're long gone. Wibble".

:thumbsup:

From another thread

Evacuate before arrival of floodwater: FROC

The Flood Relief Operations Centre on Friday urged Bangkok residents living in high risk areas to start evacuating before the arrival of floodwater.

"In several areas of inundation, residents would not move before seeing floodwater, hence triggering chaos and other inconveniences," FROC spokesman Tongthong Chandransu said.

Residents should brace for inundation without being panic, he said.

I am so glad they are continuing the habit of conveying messages which evoke the complete opposite of what they want

Hey everyone, brace for inundation, but don't panic. This is like a scene from airplane where every bolts for the door when asked to sit down calmly by the stewardess.

Then it gets really crowded around the stewardess. Sorry, it's late and I couldn't help myself.