Flood Operations Center (FROC) Ordered To Relocate

webfact

Flood Operations Center Ordered to Be Relocated

The government has ordered the flood operations center to be relocated to PTT’s Energy Complex as the location is much safer from flooding.

Director of the Flood Relief Operations Center, or FROC, Police General Pracha Promnok has issued an order to relocate its headquarters from Don Muang Airport to Energy Complex or the new PTT building on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road opposite Hor Wang School.

The government believes that the Energy Complex has good flood prevention measures.

Reports said atmosphere at FROC HQ at Don Muang Airport is rather quiet as only a handful of officials turned up there. Power has reportedly been cut around the terminal.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-10-29

footer_n.gif

Flood Operations Center Ordered to Be Relocated

The government has ordered the flood operations center to be relocated to PTT’s Energy Complex as the location is much safer from flooding.

Hopefully, they won't be forced to move as much as Supanee has been to...

New Floods Force Displaced Thais to Move Again

Supanee Pansuwan says she has already moved four times since fast-rising flood waters began swallowing her home in central Thailand a month ago.

Now, as the murky waters threaten the shelter on the outskirts of Bangkok where she has lived for the past two weeks, she's being told to flee again.

Supanee's fears and confusion are shared by many, with the Thai capital of 9 million on edge for the past two weeks since floods began inundating areas north of the city.

Continues:

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/bangkok-governor-city-prepare-floods-14799781

Associated Press - October 24, 2011

Floods force FROC relocation

BANGKOK, 29 October 2011 (NNT) – The Flood Relief Operation Center has succumbed to floods and is preparing to relocate soon.

After the weeks-long battle against the floods, FROC has finally been under siege and is forced to move to a drier area. FROC’s new base will be Energy Complex Building on Vibhavadi- Rangsit Road.

Energy Complex has been chosen as the new office of FROC because of its location. The building stands on high ground which the floods are unlikely to reach and is close both to the toll way and BTS sky train station, making it easier for the officials to come to work.

The FROC relocation is expected to begin in the next few days.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2011-10-29 footer_n.gif

New Floods Force Displaced Thais to Move Again

Supanee Pansuwan says she has already moved four times since fast-rising flood waters began swallowing her home in central Thailand a month ago.

Now, as the murky waters threaten the shelter on the outskirts of Bangkok where she has lived for the past two weeks, she's being told to flee again.

Hopefully, Supanee, when she was relocated on her fifth evacuation above last week, it was NOT to...

Thammasat evacuation center closes down

PATHUM THANI, 29 October 2011 (NNT) –Thammasat University has announced the closure of its evacuation center.

In its announcement, the university has planned to give part of the donation money of over five million baht to other evacuation centers, which the flood victims previously under its care have been transferred to.

The rest of the money will be spent on the assistance programs for the flood victims and the rehabilitation of the flood-torn areas.

The donation items have been distributed to different evacuation centers and the affected people around the campus. The university has also thanked all the donors and volunteers for their help.

nntlogo.jpg

Yingluck only just said that FROC will not evacuate, so as to help keep up the city's morale. Of course, any assurance from her should normally be taken as a contrarian indicator.

It is accessible from the elevated parking lot - sorry tollway - but seems to be having problems maintain power supply.

2011-10-29

doubleturn.jpg

BANGKOK, 28 October 2011 (NNT)-Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra insisted the Flood Reliefs Operations Center (FROC) would not be relocated now although a new location had been prepared in case of emergency.

2011-10-28

Besieged by unfriendlies as the FROC seems to be I would have thought they'd like the idea of having a moat filled to the rim with water around their castle. Maybe even the odd crocodile seen swimming around.

So now we'll have a new, fully functioning FROC elsewhere within a few days? Why loose the time of relocation, the worst is (almost) over someone said on television today. Can't the FROC hold out a wee bit longer? They only need modern communication channels for ordering around and reporting anyway :ermm:

If only k. Abhisit hadn't gone on a three day holiday break, all would have been much better :rolleyes:

The government has ordered the flood operations center to be relocated to PTT's Energy Complex as the location is much safer from flooding.

2011-10-29

BANGKOK, 28 October 2011 (NNT)-Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra insisted the Flood Reliefs Operations Center (FROC) would not be relocated now although a new location had been prepared in case of emergency.

2011-10-28

Of course Yinluck didn't make the "order", because that would be contradicting what she said yesterday.

The FROC relocation is expected to begin in the next few days.

By which time, the flooding around Don Muaeng will have receded. :ermm:

ha ha .. :)

You're correct.

And, by extension, at that time, the new location's flooding will have commenced.

And in apparent response to my post... :blink:

FROC prepares backup plan in case flood reaches new office

BANGKOK, 29 October 2011 (NNT) – The Flood Relief Operations Center (FROC) has convened with related agencies to draw up a backup plan for its new office at the Energy Complex Building in case the building becomes inundated.

After the FROC headquarters had to be relocated from Don Muang Airport to the Energy Ministry’s Energy Complex Building on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road due to severe flooding, FROC Director Police General Pracha Promnog has called a meeting with relevant authorities to assess the operation to assist flood victims.

A contingency plan is also drafted in case the floodwater arrives at the site and another round of office relocation becomes necessary.

Nonetheless, Energy Minister Pichai Naripthaphan assured that the Energy Complex Building was safe from floods as it was situated higher than the sea level by 1-2 meters and a two-meter high flood barrier had already been erected around the site. He said the new headquarters should not be affected unless the water level is more than five meters high.

All equipment of the FROC has been moved to the Energy Complex Building since this morning while its hotline 1111 extension 5 has been reconnected and is now open to calls from flood victims again.

nntlogo.jpg

All equipment of the FROC has been moved to the Energy Complex Building since this morning while its hotline 1111 extension 5 has been reconnected and is now open to calls from flood victims again.

Success at last. Bring out the champagne, we have to cheer this amazing feat of relocation the FROC and the re-connection of their hotline. Bravo :partytime2:

Thammasat evacuation center closes down

PATHUM THANI, 29 October 2011 (NNT) –Thammasat University has announced the closure of its evacuation center.

In its announcement, the university has planned to give part of the donation money of over five million baht to other evacuation centers, which the flood victims previously under its care have been transferred to.

The rest of the money will be spent on the assistance programs for the flood victims and the rehabilitation of the flood-torn areas.

The donation items have been distributed to different evacuation centers and the affected people around the campus. The university has also thanked all the donors and volunteers for their help.

nntlogo.jpg

Saw this pic, taken 25/10/11, of the Thammasat University Rangsit Campus evacuation shelter at Pathumthani, on another forum:

8bb8hahhkak86aakejhc7.jpg

Today I had to abandon my house as that was COMPLETELY sinked:

1. The water level had reached to 2m, and only rising during the last week. And that rising fast!!!

2. The water itself is a bad water: stinky, totally black-coloured flow. My silver ring has changed color to browny\black (sulphurized?) once I have touched this water for 10min or so. Also it is itchy if you walk in that...I juess it is the turdy water from NavaNakhon...

Yet some fish seems to me happy in that...and locals seems to enjoy this fishing...and those fishes are HUGE (me myself havw seen "pla-duk" over 1m in size, catched right in front of my moobaan)

3. The tap water lines were cut for 2 days (means NO clean water at all). It is OK as I have huge stock at floor2, but...

4. Yesterday THEY HAVE CUT ELECTRIC (regardless the high words of BMA(?) that tap water and electricity will stay.

Can you imagine sleeping in the hot moist night at the 2nd floor, witht that smelly black waters at the 1st floor...sleeping with alerts, every 5min to wake up and check - how far was the water risen....? No aircon, no electric, no even freshwater for drink....and those sounds from deep water ("Blurrrp....blurrppp....") drove my wife crazy through the night...

Today morning I decided to abandon my house, and have a boat in this 2m deep black smelly junky waters - heading to Bkk. Arrived to Thonbury - life is very normal here, dry as a bone, and seems I came back from the wet Hell....

Anyway, it makes this life "tasty", doesnt it? Next few days I'll have a boat back - just to check the things over there, in da my abandoned house.... PS: Pathumthani - Don Mueang area.

Edited by alexakap

Saw this pic, taken 25/10/11, of the Thammasat University Rangsit Campus evacuation shelter at Pathumthani, on another forum:

8bb8hahhkak86aakejhc7.jpg

Very, VERY similar to my house (being abandoned now - see above). High black waters + junk, but yet electricity is available.

PS: Im living in sight of this Thammasat. Just 10-15 min of driving. The situation is even badly than this - the water is STILL rising, as per today's morning. And it is rising FAST.(say, 1cm/hour).