Flood Crisis Could Be Resolved After November 6

Lite Beer

UPDATE : 29 October 2011

The Floor Relief Operations Center (FROC) says if no more flood barriers collapsed, the flood crisis in the city could be resolved after November 6. The center is also confident capital city of Thailand would not be crippled by the floods while the situation in eastern Bangkok is now under control.

Veera Wongsaengnak of the FROC says the center is hopeful that if no more flood barriers collapsed, the flooding situation in Bangkok could improve after November 6. The authorities expect to be able to quickly drain water into the seas once the low-tide period started on November 6. In that case, the FROC is confident Suvarnabhumi Airport and industrial estates will not be hit by the floods. Veera said the flooding situation in eastern Bangkok is now under control. He explained the Irrigation Department is now able to effectively match the drainage rate and the amount of water entering the eastern parts of Bangkok. He added various secondary canals can be used to manage the level of water in Hok Wa Canal without the need to cut roads to facilitate the drainage efforts.

Measures have also been put in place to manage the runoffs in the west parts of Bangkok that have flooded numerous areas including Taweewattana, Bang Bua Thong in Nonthaburi, Salaya and Putthamonton districts of Nakhon Pathom Province. The key to draining water from west Bangkok (Thonburi) is the Pasee Charoen Canal. The runoffs will be directed to the Pasee Charoen Canal and eventually drained into the Tha Cheen River and flood drainage area (Monkey Cheek) in Samut Sakhon.

During the low-tide period, the Irrigation Department and the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) will reinforce the flood barrier along the Chao Phraya River in Nonthaburi and Pathum Thani to prevent the northern flood runoff from spilling over the embankment.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2011-10-29

footer_n.gif

I sure hope they are right, as I am supposed to land in BKK on Nov 11. I just read an article on the Bangkok Post where the PM said it would take another month, then there was another which she said mid-November. Regardless of all the babble and guessing, I hope the Thai people will be able to start picking up the pieces and try and get back to a normal life very soon. The situation is bad enough already, but with all the conflicting misinformation floating around, I can only imagine how aggravating it must be when they have lost so much and cannot even get a straight or consistent answer from the 'experts'.

march 26th..................I too can throw out random dates, do I qualify for a position FROC?

No you don't I do with MY suggested date FEBRUARY 30th

the situation will be resolved after 6th nov as many of recidents will have boats and alternate transportation to help themself. 7/11 and other stores will replenish supply by boates. so do not think of water moving out of bangkok as much more unestimated is comming in.

now i stared viewing FROC reports as cartoon book.

march 26th..................I too can throw out random dates, do I qualify for a position FROC?

No you don't I do with MY suggested date FEBRUARY 30th

the situation will be resolved after 6th nov as many of recidents will have boats and alternate transportation to help themself. 7/11 and other stores will replenish supply by boates. so do not think of water moving out of bangkok as much more unestimated is comming in.

now i stared viewing FROC reports as cartoon book.

The Venice of the east. A Thai said to me today.(some tourist had asked him )where the floating market was in Thailand, The Thais reply was 'wherever you want it to be', This Issan reply was a dig at his own people from the upper class in Bkk--the favoured city. They have had enough of Bkk for years getting the cream, and a big % here that I come across are saying let them have a share of hardship.

I do understand that many people have worked hard for years, to lose everything--and not forgetting the poor people of Bkk who never had anything and never will. It's tough out there but here in TIT you have to be, hence the up to you attitude.

Veera Wongsaengnak of the FROC says the center is hopeful that if no more flood barriers collapsed, the flooding situation in Bangkok could improve after November 6.

I think he needs to speak to the locals that are collapsing some of the barriers, otherwise it might be November 6, 2012.

we are waiting for you big man expert ??

I sure hope they are right, as I am supposed to land in BKK on Nov 11. I just read an article on the Bangkok Post where the PM said it would take another month, then there was another which she said mid-November. Regardless of all the babble and guessing, I hope the Thai people will be able to start picking up the pieces and try and get back to a normal life very soon. The situation is bad enough already, but with all the conflicting misinformation floating around, I can only imagine how aggravating it must be when they have lost so much and cannot even get a straight or consistent answer from the 'experts'.

Is FROC also responsible for the health and safety as well as cleanup after the flood? Cleaning up all that muck and filthy contaminated flood water residue all over on street, in buildings, cars, furniture, hospitals, restaurants will be a big problem. There are specific steps and rules to follow to assure that good preventive disease and sickness procedures are in place and practiced. I still don't see any Thai authority or private corporations taking leadership at all on this issue. The time to do this is now, not after cases of Cholera, Typhoid, TB, Dengue, Malaria, Leptospirosis as well as electrocution start multiplying. Some government or private organization needs to take ownership of health and safety now not later.

Is FROC also responsible for the health and safety as well as cleanup after the flood? Cleaning up all that muck and filthy contaminated flood water residue all over on street, in buildings, cars, furniture, hospitals, restaurants will be a big problem. There are specific steps and rules to follow to assure that good preventive disease and sickness procedures are in place and practiced. I still don't see any Thai authority or private corporations taking leadership at all on this issue. The time to do this is now, not after cases of Cholera, Typhoid, TB, Dengue, Malaria, Leptospirosis as well as electrocution start multiplying. Some government or private organization needs to take ownership of health and safety now not later.

Has the government contemplated getting vaccines for the possible disease outbreak - especially for the elderly and the kids who should be priority . I fear for what the answer is.

well I believe everything FROG says.......oops Froc

No One KNOWS. everyone Guesses !

This is a very slow moving flood, there are millions of gallons of water still heading towards BKK and most of the latest sandbag extensions have little or no engineering and if the water was to come fast or too forceful they could fail,

But first its Chicken little and the sky is falling , then its all OK, then the sky is falling again,

WHO do you believe ????

BK

The Floor Relief Operations Center (FROC) says if no more flood barriers collapsed, the flood crisis in the city could be resolved after November 6.

So they better make sure they utilize every sandbag, poo bag, tampon or whatever to get this statement right. The gimmick here is the "could be" used... it's like saying 50/50 or rather.. I don't know. Better off just saying "if barriers collapsed, the flood crisis in the city would continue after November 6th", at least there's certainty in that.

Can they also give a specific time?:whistling:

"The Floor Relief Operations Center (FROC) says if no more flood barriers collapsed, the flood crisis in the city could be resolved after November 6."

After November 6 ,of course Thai time, it could also mean end of December. Guess when Mr. T. comes back, it's solved. jap.gif

post-108180-0-40349500-1319941579_thumb.

Veera Wongsaengnak of the FROC says the center is hopeful that if no more flood barriers collapsed, the flooding situation in Bangkok could improve after November 6.

I think he needs to speak to the locals that are collapsing some of the barriers, otherwise it might be November 6, 2012.

More flood barriers are "collapsing".

10:51 Chaeng Wattana inundated after dykes at Na Wong temple been destroyed. Serious flood in Chaeng Wattana Soi 14 ~ @nnanews

Does "destroyed" mean deliberately?

Transport Ministry extends free tolls for selected mortorways & expressways ending on Oct 31 to Nov 14 to facilitate motorists during flood crisis/MCOT

So the flood crisis could continue to November 14.

How come we have not heard from Thaksin lately?

His people are dying ... his people are losing everything ...

but he says nothing ............ I do not understand

during this kind of situation, I would expect him to go

on about how this never would have happened if

he was in Thailand and if he was in charge ...

but oooops .... he is in charge

Only Bangkok. What about the rest of those who have been up to their ears in flood water for weeks on end? Only Bangkok.

My wife and I flew to the states to visit my family on the 27th. we were supposed to fly to Don Muang but, it closed on the 25th and we took the bus. Normally about 6.5 hours but, a long 12 hour trip. We will be returning on the 12th of November. I am glad the problem will be ending the day before we arrive. (note sarcasm).