Diabetes And Lime

awarrumbungle

A Thai teacher informed me that lime is a good way to fix diabetes. 1 fresh lime a day, a little before each meal. I have a feeling her stories of cures could also have something to do with a changed lifestyle and diet but..... could there be anything in it?

The reason I'm asking is a recent blood test showed I had high blood sugar. The doctor (checked the time of my last meal) said that I should be wary of diabetes. I also had low iron. I'm confused by all of this. I eat well! I eat more than enough meat so my iron content should be fine. I excercise almost everyday and consider myself quite fit. However, I do have a weakness for sweets.

Does high blood sugar and low iron mean anything together?

Does high blood sugar and low iron mean anything together?

im not sure .. but i can link it together on the base of physiology

Iron is mainly absorbed in the duodenum and upper jejunum(small intestine),Absorbed iron is bound in the bloodstream by the glycoprotein

Dibetes , make hyperglycemia(high level of blood glucose) , and have a prob with glyclogen storage at liver.. when it has a prob of glycogen metabolism ..maybe it makes your body lost some glycoprotien ..after that the absorbtion of iron is alterd and decrease

other reason, when u get Diabetes , it will have effect with Kidneys where produce Erythropoetin that stimulates the production of red blood cells ..make "anemia" and iron deficiency

Edited by BambinA