Flood Relief Volunteer Centers

scotbeve

Dear all,

I was searching for a flood relief volunteer center in Chiang Mai but could not find one. Drinking water and dried food of course are the first items required in the flood areas. There are also other requirements the affected people will need such as: clothes, shoes, bedding, books, electrical appliances, and more. All these can be second hand of course.

The problem is where to collect for disbursement?

And if anyone else would like to query the same but for your province of abode please feel free to copy/paste/edit the above for a new topic in your respective area or province.

We all can lend a hand one way or another.....

Good thinking! Through what channel will the goods REALLY get to the needy??

I can thoroughly recommend a very hard working, sincere, animal foundation which will happily take and hand out goods for people too.

Save Elephant Foundation/Elephant Nature Park is running a shuttle service from their HQ on Moon Muang Road (junction with Rachamanka Rd, top of Loi Kroh) to the flooded areas.

There they have high trucks as slowly mobile HQs, and small boats. See my appeal this morning for vets and boats in General Topics.

And thanks!

^

"Ongoing animal flood rescue in Bangkok by Save Elephant Foundation from Chiang Mai. Hotline numbers are 085 616 3988 or 087 186 3804. They have already rescued hundreds of dogs, cats and monkeys."

Thanks for that loaded. Animals, whether they are pets, strays, or from the wild will most likely be the unfortunate last in line.

I was watching Thai TV for the past few nights and on the different news reports the poor animals (mostly dogs) were locked inside their houses to defend said houses. Sick and sad! Perhaps Karma will take notice of some of these owners and do ....something.....