Swiss Or German Consulate

taff33

I don't know how current this information is but check it out.

German Consulate in Chiang Mai, Thailand

Consulate of Germany in Chiang Mai, Thailand

199/163 Moo 3, Baan Nai Fun 2

Kan Klong Chonpratan Road

Tambon Mae Hia, Amphoe Muan

Chiang Mai 50100

Thailand

City: Chiang Mai

Phone: (+66) (53) 83 87 35

Fax: (+66) (53) 83 87 35

Email: dekonsul at loxinfo co th

Office Hours: 09.00 - 12.00

Edited by sbk
email changed

"also he needs translation done Swiss/German to Thai"

I wasn't aware that there was a language known as Swiss.

The Swiss always have a contact somewhere, maybe not an Embassy or Consulate but there will be a rep even in the most remote parts of practically every country. They have operated that way for close to 100 years. Contact the Swiss Embassy in Bangkok and they will give you a contact.

The Swiss always have a contact somewhere, maybe not an Embassy or Consulate but there will be a rep even in the most remote parts of practically every country. They have operated that way for close to 100 years. Contact the Swiss Embassy in Bangkok and they will give you a contact.

There's a dialect called Swiss/German though, to which the OP is presumably referring. 'Switzerditch' or something like that, its called.

I'm not sure about a Swiss consul here, but Hagen Dircksen the German hon-con is a charming man whom I'm sure would give you the advice you need

The reason I said Swiss/German is because he has a Swiss passport and speaks German.

The reason I said Swiss/German is because he has a Swiss passport and speaks German.

Understood. Not trying to start an argument. The Swiss always have Attaché's who are usually ex-pats working in foreign countries possibly for a Swiss Company. They take on the role or are assigned the role to help other Swiss citizens with almost any kind of problem; visa/passport/employment/legal matters, etc. when there is not a Consulate or Embassy nearby. There are a lot of them. Some are managers for Nestle, Hero, etc. factories in foreign counties.

Bottom line is that your friend should be referred to someone and his needs taken care of rather quickly.

My grandfather had this role for the Swiss government back in the 1920's-1940's. He was in Africa, China, all over the world on private business while also representing the government.

In Switzerland ca. 60% speak Swiss-Dialect in private life but in business and by writing we use always Swiss-German = 99% similar to German Language!

The others are French, Italian and a small minority of ca. 5% Rät-Romantsch.

With a Swiss Passport you need Swiss Embassy and as I know there is only one service in Bangkok http://www.eda.admin.ch/eda/en/home/reps/asia/vtha/embban.html as I know they plan have a representative in Phuket. Best is call them

I think there is a Swiss consulate in Mae Rim on the grounds of Summit Green Valley Golf Club

yep, there is a sign for one there, go in the front gate and down to the turning circle and go right for a few hundred meters, it is on the left

I think there is a Swiss consulate in Mae Rim on the grounds of Summit Green Valley Golf Club

yep, there is a sign for one there, go in the front gate and down to the turning circle and go right for a few hundred meters, it is on the left

I feel compelled to point out that, contrary to public perception, there is a difference between Switzerland and Sweden :rolleyes: The consulate of the latter is at the indicated location in Green Valley.

/ Priceless

Contact the Swiss Embassy in Bangkok for guidance. A Swiss citizen who is a long-time Thailand resident was recently named Swiss honorary consel for northern Thailand, but I don't know if his appointment has yet to be confirmed by the Thai government. It may be that the OP needs the services of a translation company, not a consulate. The Swiss Embassy can steer the OP in the correct direction.