Sausage King

Mekong Bob

Staff shortages? I thought he does the delivery all by himself. Anyway (as of yesterday) plenty of his stuff at Rimping main branch.

That was the reason I was given by the Thai-speaking Thai staff who answer the phone.

I live in Hang Dong, near Night Safari. Long distance from San Sai store, and understood the delivery charge was going to be 150 baht.

Anyway, I'm heading for Rimping (Nim City) to see what SK products are available. The sirloin hamburgers, Jimmy Dean-like breakfast sausages, and sliced ham all sound good!

The Rimping branch at Kad Farang also carries a limited range of SK's goodies, may be closer and more convenient than going into CM.

Completely off topic, I know, but I've become a great fan of Rimping lately, not really too expensive and a great source of fresh salads,breads,etc.

If the need weren't immediate, obviously a pm to Rob would be best. And with the holidays around us???

Anyway, Rimpings (sic) always seem to have a selection, though nothing like the full menu selections.

why would someone want to order from Sansai-Hangdong ? when sk has stock in hang dong Rimping supermarket and in all 4 rimping and tops supermarkets. sk has small packs that are good if not have a lot of freezer space.sk delivers all over the country i hear.

I wonder what mekong bob tried to order ? maybe 1/2kg sausage ???

I do know a lot of expats buy direct from sausage king as it work out a little cheaper and more products.am a sausage king fan.yeaaaaaaa :jap:

why would someone want to order from Sansai-Hangdong ? when sk has stock in hang dong Rimping supermarket and in all 4 rimping and tops supermarkets. sk has small packs that are good if not have a lot of freezer space.sk delivers all over the country i hear.

I do know a lot of expats buy direct from sausage king as it work out a little cheaper and more products.am a sausage king fan.yeaaaaaaa :jap:

Hi David,

I am just learning that SK is in Rimping, and that I should be able to find just about everything I see on the SK website. This has been good news. Belive me, I am no longer contemplating a trip to San Sai! The website boasts that their burgers are used in Chiang Mai Saloon, and their porkchops are featured in the best hotel restaurants in Chiang Mai. (I didn't see any statement that their meats are available in the local supermarkets, but only that we can order online, and they deliver.) I should have known!

Sausage kings supply's 12 supermarkets chains around Thailand and the public are welcome to buy direct.We supply all major restaurants around chiang mai incl irish un.We do National Thai deliverys and also can deliver a reasonable order around chiang mai for a small delivery charge 150B,As for small orders we have supermarket outlets around chiang mai to save you a delivery charge.so sausage king is proud of all our high quality food products.Dont forget christmas is only around 7 weeks away so order early as with the BKK floods we feel that not much food goods will come from Bkk this year so dont be with out.Order sk. as we manufacture all our products in chiang mai. Rob.085-7060105 [email protected] quote name='dave2' timestamp='1320293487' post='4818080']

keo.

re .. Tried the steak and kidney pie recently. Have to say I found it to be very average.

try the chicken and mushroom or beef and onion at the un irish in a nice puff pastry !

10 / 10 for me : )

dave2

Edited by SausageKing

Just made a run to Rimping (Kat Farang) and then to Rimping (Nim City), looking for some of those famous Sausage King steak burgers and "the best ham in Thailand" (yum!) Was disappointed to see no SK burgers of any type and no SK ham in either store. After speaking with managers on duty, I was told that Sausage King places some of their products on consignment (fak khai) in one freezer compartment, but these two folks could not recall ever seeing any SK burgers or SK ham. Both suggested I try the TGM (Thai-German Meats) in abundance on their shelves and in their freezer compartments.

Guess I'll need to start planning a trip to San Sai.

Why dont you go direct to sk as he has all you need in stock,his burgers do sell fast i agree and the ham is by far the best in Thai,the staff at rimping told me sk stocks every 2 days.i have seen customers fill the basket with his products like me.sk lives near Rimping Mee Chok.Tip call him first about 2 hour before you go and he will do you a fresh ham,It will be still hot when you pick it up yum yum,Worth the trip.

Just made a run to Rimping (Kat Farang) and then to Rimping (Nim City), looking for some of those famous Sausage King steak burgers and "the best ham in Thailand" (yum!) Was disappointed to see no SK burgers of any type and no SK ham in either store. After speaking with managers on duty, I was told that Sausage King places some of their products on consignment (fak khai) in one freezer compartment, but these two folks could not recall ever seeing any SK burgers or SK ham. Both suggested I try the TGM (Thai-German Meats) in abundance on their shelves and in their freezer compartments.

Hi and yes i agree we do great ham and if you order 2 hours before you come we will cook a fresh ham and slice it for you to pick up at out work shop.we also have many other products what are not in Rimping supermarket due to a lack of room,sk sales are high so am sorry in someone does not get the product they want every time.we stock every 2 day and may increase that to 6 days per week.We also have a great hickory smoke back and belly bacon at our workshop thats not in Rimping yet

the new work shop will be open by Feb 2012 and even more food products and free range duck and chick eggs.

Why dont you go direct to sk as he has all you need in stock,his burgers do sell fast i agree and the ham is by far the best in Thai,the staff at rimping told me sk stocks every 2 days.i have seen customers fill the basket with his products like me.sk lives near Rimping Mee Chok.Tip call him first about 2 hour before you go and he will do you a fresh ham,It will be still hot when you pick it up yum yum,Worth the trip.

Edited by SausageKing

I was at Rimping Nim City yesterday with the hopes of getting Jimmy Dean Sausages and Ham but couldn't find them or perhaps hidden too well. I was going to place an order via their website and have it delivered to my office near the university but then noticed that delivery schedule is 4:00 - 7:00 which is when I'm already back home near Hang Dong. Did I misread the delivery times or is it also available during working hours?

Hi and Nim city had jimmy deans yesterday morning but if sold out we are sorry.Our products do sell very quick but the problem is panic buying by the Restaurants and Hotels at this time as most budget sausage and bacon comes from Bangkok and due to the floods their some hotels and Restaurant Suppliers have run out of stocks and are now buying all sk stock up. We manufacture all our own products here in chiang mai so no need to panic buy.,

I was at Rimping Nim City yesterday with the hopes of getting Jimmy Dean Sausages and Ham but couldn't find them or perhaps hidden too well. I was going to place an order via their website and have it delivered to my office near the university but then noticed that delivery schedule is 4:00 - 7:00 which is when I'm already back home near Hang Dong. Did I misread the delivery times or is it also available during working hours?

Edited by SausageKing

keo.

re .. Tried the steak and kidney pie recently. Have to say I found it to be very average.

try the chicken and mushroom or beef and onion at the un irish in a nice puff pastry !

10 / 10 for me : )

dave2

Pie chips and gravy.................with a lime? blink.gif

Hi and Nim city had jimmy deans yesterday morning but if sold out we are sorry.Our products do sell very quick but the problem is panic buying by the Restaurants and Hotels at this time as most budget sausage and bacon comes from Bangkok and due to the floods their some hotels and Restaurant Suppliers have run out of stocks and are now buying all sk stock up. We manufacture all our own products here in chiang mai so no need to panic buy.,

Rob (owner) needs to clarify for all of us - Does Sausage King routinely stock ham and beef burgers (all kinds) in Rimping Supermarkets or not? (All I can find is sausages, hot dogs, and meat pies.) Sausage King menu lists 7 beef burgers in the Burgers section, and 3 more in the American section. Are these 3 duplicates? (I could not find a single 1 of the 10 listed at Rimping.) What does "1kg" refer to on the menu? I see the 250gm and 350gm size burgers, and a price, but what is 1 kilogram refer to? It would be more useful to indicate "Three 350-gm patties per pack," or the like. Finally, if I want to buy steak burgers and American dry cured ham, and you are no longer delivering (staff shortages), what are the hours of operation at the San Sai store for walk-in customers?

Rob (owner) needs to clarify for all of us - Does Sausage King routinely stock ham and beef burgers (all kinds) in Rimping Supermarkets or not? (All I can find is sausages, hot dogs, and meat pies.) Sausage King menu lists 7 beef burgers in the Burgers section, and 3 more in the American section. Are these 3 duplicates? (I could not find a single 1 of the 10 listed at Rimping.) What does "1kg" refer to on the menu? I see the 250gm and 350gm size burgers, and a price, but what is 1 kilogram refer to? It would be more useful to indicate "Three 350-gm patties per pack," or the like. Finally, if I want to buy steak burgers and American dry cured ham, and you are no longer delivering (staff shortages), what are the hours of operation at the San Sai store for walk-in customers?

I have never seen SK ham being sold at Rimping or Tops at all. To be fair, the American burgers and American bacon are nice. I would recommend it to my friends. No preservative too I think.

Why does Rob have to account for his stock. Does the owner of Tops or Rimping have to account for their stocking decisions. You as a customer can buy or not. If he does not stock it you cannot buy it. It may be worth telling him that something is out of stock so he can decide whether to stock it more or not.

THe answers to your other questions regardering ordering times are on his website. He is a wholesale manafacturer who is geneorus enough to also let people buy smaller quantities. Best thing is to put in an order for a couple of thousand baht and it will probably be delivered.

Hi David,

I am just learning that SK is in Rimping, and that I should be able to find just about everything I see on the SK website. This has been good news. Belive me, I am no longer contemplating a trip to San Sai! The website boasts that their burgers are used in Chiang Mai Saloon, and their porkchops are featured in the best hotel restaurants in Chiang Mai. (I didn't see any statement that their meats are available in the local supermarkets, but only that we can order online, and they deliver.) I should have known!

I also live in Hangdong and a big fan of the Rimping at the Kad Farang, but unfortunately they don't have the full line of SK in stock. It just varies from visit to visit what you may find. So, to have it either delivered or to go directly to his house/factory is usually the best option.

Yeah, about the "generosity" part, I do have other good pies and sausages makers that I already like including Tower bridge and Gerald sausages, other Aussie style meat pies. Most have been established for decades and I'm sure I'm not their only big fan not to mention Punka brand. So I do have choices. I won't put order for a couple of thousand baht and hope one day my order will probably be worth delivered!

THe answers to your other questions regardering ordering times are on his website. He is a wholesale manafacturer who is geneorus enough to also let people buy smaller quantities. Best thing is to put in an order for a couple of thousand baht and it will probably be delivered.