Raod Directory/ Map Book

petercallen

Are these roadmaps detailed and revised regularly (given the rapid building/roads changes)? If so, it makes one ponder as to why why many delivery retailers get you to draw a map of your house location - even if you give them the address in Thai. (From reading other posts, GoogleEarth Streetview may not be far away - a useful resource.)

Are these roadmaps detailed and revised regularly (given the rapid building/roads changes)? If so, it makes one ponder as to why why many delivery retailers get you to draw a map of your house location - even if you give them the address in Thai. (From reading other posts, GoogleEarth Streetview may not be far away - a useful resource.)

From my experience Thais are not really very good at finding a specific address. And it's often the case that street number are not in sequential order, and even addresses on the same road have a very different main number (I'm not talking about the /number). That's why they ask for the map for the delivery guys. I honestly don't know how the McD & Pizza guys ever find the correct place to deliver, I guess it's because they keep on phoning and eventually home-in on the correct place.

The tourist maps by Thai Airways are pretty good. Free in just about any shop that has anything to do with tourism.

As for the map drawing, I don't think there are any good maps out there in Thai. At least not that I have seen. And anyone in the delivery business surely cannot read English, and some cannot read Thai.

I've been using Google maps on my iPod touch (almost the same thing as an iPhone) and it gets me in the right area when I do an address search. It's not exact and never pay any attention to the directions they try to give...

I got my map book at the little magazine shop near MacDonalds in TescoLotus, Bypass Road. It is so worth the THB400 (ish), I use it lots, my only complaint is I wish it were a little bigger (A4) size!!

Does it have all the roads in phuket or just phuket town and the major tourist areas

I have a B&B map which shows the major tourist areas and Phuket town and major roads

its all the other roads i want a road directory of

I got my map book at the little magazine shop near MacDonalds in TescoLotus, Bypass Road. It is so worth the THB400 (ish), I use it lots, my only complaint is I wish it were a little bigger (A4) size!!

Does it have all the roads in phuket or just phuket town and the major tourist areas

I have a B&B map which shows the major tourist areas and Phuket town and major roads

its all the other roads i want a road directory of

I think this link could be the best for you to source a good map. These guys spent months driving around Phuket detailing all the information. www.streetsofphuket.com

Edited by Valentine

I think this link could be the best for you to source a good map. These guys spent months driving around Phuket detailing all the information. www.streetsofphuket.com

Thanks exactly what i am looking for, i hope one of the retail outlets listed on there web site have it in stock

That website is the same people as the book and it is very comprehensive and detailed and includes the whole island, even with the names of significant landmarks. Good luck finding one, if I spot one on my rounds of the shops I will let post it.

Thanks exactly what i am looking for, i hope one of the retail outlets listed on there web site have it in stock