Best Hospital For Back And Spine Injuries

krey

I like to hear peoples thoughts on which Hospital is the best for back and spinal injuries. The best doctors is more preferred over best prices.. I will spend a little more to get better quality.

Thanks all

All the major hospitals, as hospitals, are fine and not much different

The issue is the doctor.

Dr. Wicharn at the BNH Spine center is the best spinal expert in Thailand IMO. Some of the docs working with him have also been highly recommended.

I had an acutely herniated disc at L5/S1 in 2005. Three months of physio at Bumrungrad failed to relieve it and the docs there recommended surgery. I went to get a second opinion from Dr Wicharn. In the end, I preferred BNH to Bumrungrad so had my surgery there in Aug 2005. It's been a complete success so far.

So I recommend the BNH Spine Clinic ... but I completely agree with uhuh ... always get a second opinion!

CC

Already 15+ years pain in my back ( L5-S1). Several doctors in Netherlands visited, fysio therapists, chiropractors. April 2010 it went wrong again, like I was standing on an electricity wire. Also "sparks" in my fingers. So, again fysio. Two months for nothing, so back to my family (first line) doctor. 15 June he gave me a letter to go to a neurologist in the hospital (needend in NL for the health insurance). Made an appointment for... 6 Aug ( yes, 7 weeks later, not possible to come earlier. The Dutch hospital service: does it hurt today, maybe we can see you in 1-2 months from now).

As I had to go to Bangkok for a fair, I went Saturday morning 3 July into a real hospital: Bumrungrad. No appointment, so had to wait long for a neurologist. Maybe 3000 seconds. Investigated and.. "sorry, you have to be at a spinal doctor, not me. Dr Verapan, he will be coming Tuesday here. When does it suit you ? ". Doctor, it hurts, so.. up to you !. O.K. Tuesday afternoon !

Investigated. "I need a MRI scan, what time ? You are always available, ..Thursday 05:30 , you are the first and.. 10:30 at me. Then.. we need a second MRI scan,.. Friday 23:30, as you are last. Monday at me again.

Tuesday morning 13 July 06:00 in the hospital for 2 injections. Probably they will not help sufficiently, and we will see you back in 3-5 months for an operation, but.. we have to try this first.

Worked, first time in 15 years no packpain.

Back in Netherlands ( Breda), I went still to my local hospital, with the Thai MRI scans. Nerves investigated, all o.k. Radiologist looked at the Thai MRI, but.. could not find the reason for testing ( I would say: look in your patients histoy files) and no dates ( so I sent him, as were on the CD), even not under which system all was made.

In Dec pain came back again. Happily my health insurance sent me to Brasschaat, Belgium ( Dr Croese). He needed, with the Thai MRI scans,maybe 90 sec to come to the same diagnose: spondylo listhises = the back bone out of the allignment, taking the nerves with him, as a tunnel fragment sunken down taken with it the electricity wires still in.

Same operation as Dr Verapan already forecasted. L4+L5+S1 all screwed together.

Good docter, good hospital ? Sorry, I only have one case, one solution to judge at. But.. VERY acceptable, better as Breda-NL hospital. Yes.. I have to lie flat for 6 months, only short walks, not allowed to sit even, and hopefully all about normal.. in 11-16 months.

Bye-the-way: Dr Wanna, also Bumrungrad cured my muscle pain in my back shoulder. First who ever succeeded.

Regards, Harry, info at thaitrade dot nl

Edited by puipuitom