What Are The 'Golden Rules' Of Advice For Tourists?

snamos

11. Scatterlogical

Hi tech contact lenses are now available on the Island. Expensive, but you will only have to buy the one pair as they are supplied green, eventually changing rose coloured with time.

If you enjoy decent quality wine bring your own. The cost of a bottle of plonk that you wouldn't put on ya chips really is criminal.

You know it's time to retire back to your hotel when the beer goggles are informing your brain that the mamasan at the 'Jelly Clam Bar' is the most sexy woman you've ever seen and you want to marry her.

Make sure your jabs are all up to date before you travel. Mosquito's will want to get to know you better than any bar-lass, so remember to apply the many remedies to keep them at bay. Rabies is not unknown in Lalaland and if you get bitten you must get immediate assistance – Rabies will kill. Bottled water only – even for brushing your teeth. Never bare-back and always wear rubber bought from your own country – apart from quality control issues, the Thai sizes are not matched for the farang hampton.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11. Scatterlogical

Hi tech contact lenses are now available on the Island. Expensive, but you will only have to buy the one pair as they are supplied green, eventually changing rose coloured with time.

If you enjoy decent quality wine bring your own. The cost of a bottle of plonk that you wouldn't put on ya chips really is criminal.

You know it's time to retire back to your hotel when the beer goggles are informing your brain that the mamasan at the 'Jelly Clam Bar' is the most sexy woman you've ever seen and you want to marry her.

Make sure your jabs are all up to date before you travel. Mosquito's will want to get to know you better than any bar-lass, so remember to apply the many remedies to keep them at bay. Rabies is not unknown in Lalaland and if you get bitten you must get immediate assistance – Rabies will kill. Bottled water only – even for brushing your teeth. Never bare-back and always wear rubber bought from your own country – apart from quality control issues, the Thai sizes are not matched for the farang hampton.

Class post made me smile!! :D

Beware when those contact ^^ lenses, through endless cleaning with saline water that really wasn't- thicken into blinkers.

Rule # ...

Much as Google has become a cesspool of ad influenced info-rums are increasingly favoring capitalization over honest information. Check that info again and again and again.

That includes the ( Fonzie factor # 31 )common misinfo regarding libel that is false. That truth is .. illegal.

If you tell the truth, it isn't libel. Period

But even more this the Golden Rule Tourists should remember;

Rule #

Truth has little value and lying is an accepted way of interaction, which boils down to what a tourist needs to know;

" No, you are not safe."

Drive as defensively as you can , stay off public transport, stay off budget transport, pay the driver at the END of the trip and never be the second mistake that makes an accident.

Sorry KBB I disagree with your assertion . Please name somebody who has gone to jail, or paid a fine for telling the truth. If one can prove an allegation is true, they will not be punished.

Expose in the public interest is not illegal.

That includes the ( Fonzie factor # 31 )common misinfo regarding libel that is false. That truth is .. illegal.

Suggest you read Thai criminal law, and focus on 326 and 328.

Thai law disagrees with you B)

Thai courts disagree with you B)

5. Cover up on the beach – flabby sunburnt tits, ones that look like old witches leather purses or rotten apples will offend the locals and make the soi dogs howl for hours on end.

This goes for the women, too.

Sorry KBB I disagree with your assertion . Please name somebody who has gone to jail, or paid a fine for telling the truth. If one can prove an allegation is true, they will not be punished.

Why can't you, like most people, reply below the quote you are replying to? This topic has been around for a long time. The last thread I remember is this:

Please quote a source that backs your assertion...

ok, here is one recent and very public as its been in all mainstream media, and extreme as 2 years in jail

I f you did read up on criminal law as above, you would have noticed the max sentence for naming&shaming (the truth) is 1 year. However when a criminal act is organised, sentence can be doubled. Which is exactly what happend to a journalist in one of BKK largest english language newspapers last year. 2 years in jail for telling the truth, in a newspaper (organised), about a politician in Chiang Mai

as you may have noticed I did not mention the journalists name or his employer B)

and as this topic is about tourists, I rest my case :)

• 3 weeks later...

If your food gets brought to the table first, don't do what you may do in your own country and wait for your fellow diners to be served their food before starting. In a lot of restaurants the serving of a the whole table at the same time isn't deemed important, and your food will be stone cold by the time everybody else is served.

Nor should you complain about it, it's just the way things are. Whoever gets served first should just tuck in, and everybody else, wait patiently.

If your food gets brought to the table first, don't do what you may do in your own country and wait for your fellow diners to be served their food before starting. In a lot of restaurants the serving of a the whole table at the same time isn't deemed important, and your food will be stone cold by the time everybody else is served.

Nor should you complain about it, it's just the way things are. Whoever gets served first should just tuck in, and everybody else, wait patiently.

Very true. Thais usually share their meal. So dishes come in the order they are cooked and everyone takes a serving of rice and a small portion of each dish that is served. Rather civilized, I think...