Estimated Price Of New Paint Job

Firefan

Been looking at a few used cars in the cheaper range - and a decent new paint job would make some of them look pretty good. I would probably want to change the color completely (I.e. not just a refresher of old color).

Does anybody here have any experience with same here? Costs? Pittfalls?

Cheers!

Did it some 2 years ago. Wife wanted old Vitara (2 doors) changed from white to gold.

Checked with insurance garage who claimed some dents and repainted the whole car for additional of Baht 9K.

Very good job, took out everything to have engine compartment etc. as well done.

Yes, don't forget to change the car papers.

So starting at 10-20k up to 50k. Not bad at all! Thanks guys. Cheers!

My experience also says about 20k will get you a good job. Just be sure the place has closed curing rooms (infrared drying rooms) and not sun dryed like I seen one place do. :o

just got a quote from a paintshop for a complete repaint of a 2001 nissan cefiro.

Came in at 28000 Baht, including some repairs of small dents...

They have a proffesional spraying cabin with airfilters, so not to much sand in the paint :D

They only use imported car paint from Dupont (France)

Seems very reasonable, only drawback is they need about 3 weeks to complete the job, since they compltely strip the car and then put everything tgether (I hope :o )