Work Permit

Just received my third work permit in Thailand, this time in Kalasin. I took them the paperwork Monday and picked it up yesterday. I have never had to wait more than 5 working days. Can't tell you much about the teachers license yet but will know more in the coming month. I do know of some teachers here who are doing it in stages in Khon Kaen, I do knot know how many times or how many parts the exam has. I think that my new school will expect me to apply for one.

whenever I ask school about WP, they just answer me NEXT week, NEXT week...........

Now I am thinking to go labor office to know actual situation. I have a question here, could I get the Visa extension after receiving Work permit?

Now I have no updates about my license too.

I got non b visa ( 3 months valid till 15 dec 2011) from my country and came thailand on 20 sept 2011.

now I am waiting WP and teacher license. now I am confuse, some says you can get visa extension when you have WP and some says you must have both (WP and teacher license).

I received my last Non B in Laos, without thw W.P. or receipt. The embassy put a red stamp in my passport. "Remark The applicant is advised to apply for work permit which should be presented to the authorities next time." So I had to show that I had it to get my extension of stay.

In my time and in Chonburi province you need a teachers' license in order to get a WP.

A teachers' license takes approx. 1 month (MoE Laem Chabang) and the WP takes approx. 3 months.

IF your employer has a receipt, that they started the application for a WP you may get an extension "waiting for WP".

First you have to ask whether your employer actually applied for a TL and a WP!! (ask for receipts)

Did you sign the documents and physically go to the Ministry of Labour with your employer?

If not, then they are playing games with you, tell them you want to see the WP3 (receipt given to the person who submitted the WP forms).

Many agencies play games with teachers and promise them WP's and Extensions, it happens quite often.

I didn't post the question but thanks for the responses, very helpful. @ Colabamumbai which consulate did you go to in Laos? The rather stiff lady manning the desks in Savannakhet is demanding reams of stamped, signed and notorised paperwork for the Non B. More paperwork than I have ever heard of being required before. I know of many instances of her turning down Non B applications but issuing the 2 month Tourist Visa as a consolation! She turned me down in this fashion last month and I will now have to reapply on the 16th Nov. Do you think that Vientiane would be more accommodating?

I didn't post the question but thanks for the responses, very helpful. @ Colabamumbai which consulate did you go to in Laos? The rather stiff lady manning the desks in Savannakhet is demanding reams of stamped, signed and notorised paperwork for the Non B. More paperwork than I have ever heard of being required before. I know of many instances of her turning down Non B applications but issuing the 2 month Tourist Visa as a consolation! She turned me down in this fashion last month and I will now have to reapply on the 16th Nov. Do you think that Vientiane would be more accommodating?

To Vientiane, with the paperwork from the school, about half an inch of it. Yes I would like to think that they are more accomodating. Another fellow I met had neither the documents or the W.P. as his school was late in preparing them and he had to get a tourist visa and wait for the paperwork and then return to Vientiane with the proper documents. This was my third Non B issued in Vientiane in a year and a half, they will only issue 90 days to start as will all neighbouring embassies. If it had been done further abroad the embassy would have issued one year to start, say in Canada, the U.S. or maybe Kuala Lumpor.