If They Do Decide To Move The Capital Of Thailand

Livinginexile

Pattaya/Chonburi would be the most logical choice with all the existing industrial estates the eastern seaboard has to offer, Kanchanburi........dont think so, far too close to the Burma border!!

I think this is being discussed on another TV topic?

Edited by LennyW

Korat..

Among Thai superstitious prediction (we said about this long times already), there would be the big, big flooding in the nearly future

>> Many did believe because we hunted down too many trees in the forest in every single days..wink.gif

and we will get flood and flood many, many times until Thailand has no more axe-shape as we have today, only the Issan area can be survived.

It will go to Nakorn Nayok.

Higher ground. Just out of the central plains flood basin. Near to Bangkok. Big army base and prestigious officer training college. Not considered regional. Don't speak funny. Already has a [dormant] plan for a high-speed rail link. Politicians have already bought up the land there. Decision has already been made.

Pattaya/Chonburi would be the most logical choice with all the existing industrial estates the eastern seaboard has to offer, Kanchanburi........dont think so, far too close to the Burma border!!

I think this is being discussed on another TV topic?

Pattaya might be farang central but it is a ridiculous suggestion for a capital. Canberra in Australia is 250 km from Sydney to romantic capital. A new capital could be founded in dry land centered between Lopbuir, Saraburi and MuekLek. Still central, but far enough out to have access from every direction including east, west, north and south...

My first thought to this questions was Naskhon Rachisima or as they say; Korat.

It is already a big city, the second largest in Thailand. The roads are good. Much, much room for expansion. When you fly over it you get a feel for the size of the place.

A good history of fighting off enamies. Anyone know the story about the female warrior that led the Thai army to voctory against the Laotians. She plied the enamy soldiers withwhiskey and wenches enroute, and then slaughtered them the next morning. Great story. A statue of her in the city. Ha, ha.

Hail Korat.

But seriously, Bangkok will be Bangkok for a long time.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

My first thought to this questions was Naskhon Rachisima or as they say; Korat.

It is already a big city, the second largest in Thailand. The roads are good. Much, much room for expansion. When you fly over it you get a feel for the size of the place.

A good history of fighting off enamies. Anyone know the story about the female warrior that led the Thai army to voctory against the Laotians. She plied the enamy soldiers withwhiskey and wenches enroute, and then slaughtered them the next morning. Great story. A statue of her in the city. Ha, ha.

Hail Korat.

But seriously, Bangkok will be Bangkok for a long time.

Sounds like a lot story’s I read in the pattaya forum. Just replacethe Laotianswith Farang pattayarnians

Well sooner or later they gonna have to replace the capital,in all fairness its just one F*#K &P city and let’s not forget its sinking

It will go to Nakorn Nayok.

Higher ground. Just out of the central plains flood basin. Near to Bangkok. Big army base and prestigious officer training college. Not considered regional. Don't speak funny. Already has a [dormant] plan for a high-speed rail link. Politicians have already bought up the land there. Decision has already been made.

That's what I've heard some years ago.

More and more government offices have been relocated to Nakon Nayok over the last 10 years.

Lampang would be my suggestion. It is 800 feet above sea level - so there is no danger of rising seas. It has plenty of room to accommodate industrial estates. It was formerly the most important city in Northern Thailand until universities were established in Chiang Mai.