Which Visa?

Hi all,

I have a flight that arrives in bkk on the 26th of november and the return date is May..

I will not be returning on this date, I will be changing for probably the end of january...

My plans are: travelling up North, then to laos, vietnam and cambodia...

Therefore, can I just get a 30 day visa, stay in thailand for 10 days ,then leave come back in overland (4 weeks later) and get an extra 15 days on top???? (my thinking then is i should have 35 days)

Is it a problem that it says im returning 6 months later???

i hope this all makes sense.

Regards.

Edited by rovers1

It could mean you are not allowed on aircraft as for visa exempt you should be able to show outbound ticket within the 30 days allowed. Be best to obtain a single entry tourist visa for first entry from UK or be prepared to buy a ticket at airport if required. Area travel is not likely to be a problem.

"...in thailand for 10 days ,then leave come back in overland (4 weeks later) and get an extra 15 days on top???? (my thinking then is i should have 35 days)"

If I'm reading that right you are asking/thinking you'll have 20 days left from the first entry, PLUS 15 days from the second entry, giving you 35 more days at the end.

NO. You will have only the 15 days from the second visa exempt entry.

If you get a tourist visa, it will give you 60 days and can be extended for an additional 30 days.

You can then get a re-entry permit from immigration for 1900 baht, which will keep your original permission to stay date alive.