Bangkok Bank Charges A Fee For Me To Give Them My Money.

A little imagination sometimes helps - a few of us often transfer monies from the UK in one SWIFT payment and then distribute from Kasikorn Bank to Kasikorn bank via K-Cyber banking - free of charge.

That is very trusting indeed. Personally, I'd take the ATM/ACH/SWIFT transfer fees and get it directly into my hands.

Does Kasikorn bank allow internet K-banking free transfers inter-province? Or is it only same-province transfers like most of the other banks?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just revisiting this thread...

Diddums.

Banks are a business, but people mysteriously expect them to provide services to people for free.

I'm guessing the OP never turned up to work and have his employer expect him to do his work for nothing, yet he's expecting the bank to do so for him. Plain hypocrisy.

Plain hipocrasy? Don't be a fool. Are you seriously admitting you don't understand how banks work? Do you think that the bank, while holding my money, just foldes it nicely and stakes it in thier vault until I need it again? Of course not. They use it to make more money. Diddums indeed,

At least they are charging you up front for these thing on a user pays basis, rather than hiding the costs elsewhere, or worse still, expecting others to subsidise his banking usage.

What makes this thread even more offensive, there is the (almost obligatory it seems) implication of 'them stupid Thai's' by making the comment that charging fees is even dumb for Thailand. Charging fees for banking services is common international practice. The only amazing thing about it is how they've managed to keep their fees so low, compared to say somewhere like Australia.

No bank in America charges you a fee each time you want to give them your money. You can take that to the bank.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Banks are a business, but people mysteriously expect them to provide services to people for free.

I'm guessing the OP never turned up to work and have his employer expect him to do his work for nothing, yet he's expecting the bank to do so for him. Plain hypocrisy.

Also as a former banker I support the right to charge reasonable fees.

These examples to defend the bank fees are completely wrong. Imagine you or I wouldn’t give any money to the bank ???--- No business. In your view I should give the bank my money that it can start it’s own elementary business = working with the customer’s money. And I should pay fees for it???

Why do I get only 1 to 3,75 % for my saving account, whereas I have to pay up to 20% or more if I need a bank loan? Yes, because the banks have some expenses. But they have also big wins. The interest difference between the in- and outgoing money compensates for a lot of (bank)work in general.

To overstate it: the bank should owe me some fees, when I give it my money, the basis of it’s business. It doesn’t matter if cash or non-cash.

I compare it like this:

You would like to build a house. Following your quoted examples you should pay some fees to your architect only for the reason that you start business with him. Later on you had to pay for his efforts as an architect.

Wouldn't it be a double payment ? angry.png

Once a banker, always a banker.