Vias Question

I currently have a Non-Immigrant B visa that expires November 29th. I plan to apply for a Retirement Visa after that expires. If I travel bu\y car and back across the border to Vientiane will I get two months on my stamp the same as when I fly into Bangkok? That will give me enough time to complete the Ritrement visa process. If not, how long will I get on the stamp when I return.

No need to leave the country. Just make sure you meet the requiremetsn for an extension of stay based on retirement. You can apply up to 30 day in advance, so could even apply today for an extension.

Requirements:

800,000 in the bank in thailand for 2 months

OR

income of 65,000 a month

OR

a combination of money in the bank and yearly income totaling 800,000

If you go and get a new visa, you will get 90 day upon return with a non-immigrant visa.

I want to get a Non B Visa does anyone know if the road to Laos or Malaysia is cleared for travel? I am coming from the Ratchaburi side? Which is better or safer?

I have no idea about the road conditions. However if you do go all the way to Laos/Malaysia please make sure that you have the right documentation required for a non-immigrant B visa, these visas are not easily available. It would be a shame to go all the way and not obtain your visa. If you are unsure of what is required then check out the embassy web sites, and/or do a search here on Thai Visa.

Regards

IW

If I travel bu\y car and back across the border to Vientiane will I get two months on my stamp the same as when I fly into Bangkok?

Only a tourist visa entry would be two months. Non immigrant B would be 3 months and that is what you said you have. Visa exempt would be one month by air or 15 days by land. But as said if you have financials for retirement there is no need to exit country.

So if I travel acorss say on November 15th I would then have a stamp good until approximately February 14th correct since I have a non-immigrant B now, correct? That would give me plenty of time for my Retirement visa since the money has already been in the bank for 30 days and I need 60 days money in the bank. Thanks for your help.

f I travel bu\y car and back across the border to Vientiane will I get two months on my stamp the same as when I fly into Bangkok?

Only a tourist visa entry would be two months. Non immigrant B would be 3 months and that is what you said you have. Visa exempt would be one month by air or 15 days by land. But as said if you have financials for retirement there is no need to exit country.