Pastrami And Corned Beef In Pattaya...Wowww

Pongpat

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all good, but be warned their volume has picked up so much so fast that you may experience some no haves sometimes. It's a new growing business getting in gear. Be nice.

Just went in again last night and I had a COLD Meatloaf sandwich....OMG it was huge! I think the owner said it was 1/2 pound slab of meat.

I can't ever say that it was better than my grandmother's meatloaf, but it was the NEXT BEST THING.......

It's all good, but be warned their volume has picked up so much so fast that you may experience some no haves sometimes. It's a new growing business getting in gear. Be nice.

Just went in again last night and I had a COLD Meatloaf sandwich....OMG it was huge! I think the owner said it was 1/2 pound slab of meat.

I can't ever say that it was better than my grandmother's meatloaf, but it was the NEXT BEST THING.......

How much? (Just keeping it real.)

How much? (Just keeping it real.)

Same as the Corned Beef - 275 (Includes the side and big pickle spear). I know that good ground beef is more expensive than brisket......so that should be a good indicator

Can anyone give me googlemap coordinations of this place? I was trying to find this place for an hour today....

Or lets say i know where "Just Burgers" is. where to next?

From Just Burgers, the next actual road as you continue south (further away from Pattaya) on Jomtien beach road is SOI CASA JOMTIEN. This is very, very close to Just Burgers. Go down that soi past the security guards (for Casa Jomtien), and the deli pizza shop will be on your left. Not sure if you can drive and park past the security guards, but you certainly can walk past them without even talking to them.

Edited by Jingthing

Can anyone give me googlemap coordinations of this place? I was trying to find this place for an hour today....

From Just Burgers, the next actual road as you continue south (further away from Pattaya) on Jomtien beach road is SOI CASA JOMTIEN. This is very, very close to Just Burgers. Go down that soi past the security guards (for Casa Jomtien), and the deli pizza shop will be on your left. Not sure if you can drive and park past the security guards, but you certainly can walk past them without even talking to them.

Year...found it today, but it was closed for Thanksgiving day or smth. will try it later )))

So was I and I couldn't find it either!

It's Easy:

You walk down Jomtien Beach Rd. Then, you walk past Just Burgers. In 20 seconds, you will come to the corner, with a 7-11. Take a left there (just before the Casa Jomtien condominium). Walk down the soi about 40 meters and you'll see Deli-zza on your left. It's got a round sign. Good luck.

B)

OK. we finially got into the place :jap:

1. Interier was ok for a street restaurant. It was evening and we(i and my wife) we quite comfortable sitting outside.

2. Owners(2 american guys? - are very frendly. It was really nice to chat with one of them till we were waiting for an order. We even helped him to correct russian translations in the menu ;).

3. So we ordered Meat Lovers Pizza(medium) and Reuben Sandwich. I wasnt a really big fan of sandwiches,(Burgers fan) but that Reuben,god, it was fantastic. My wife asked me to try and then i had to fight for every next piece of it. It was served with beans and a big pickles. PICKLES. Very hot and tasty. It was like i was back in russia for a moment. I was very close to cry :lol:Once again - fantastic sandwich.

3.Pizza was great too. Big. A lot of cheese. A lot of pasta. A lot of meat. Very,very good pizza.

4. Bill was 730thb. I payed 800. U can say its pricy for PTT. I say - iam ready to pay 25$ for a great evening(for 2 persons). I just came back from trip - BKK-Macau-HK-KL-BKK. U cant even imagine what shit i had to eat there for the same money. Decent burger was 20$+

Iam very sure that the price is high not because the owners are greedy. They are high because of high quality ingredients.

5. Medium pizza+ sandwich - we were really full.

Verdict: I ll defenitly return. There r more sandwiches and pizzas to explore :)

P.S. They even gifted us couples of pinckles for free :jap:

P.S.S. sorry for my english :unsure:

Edited by YuryBalyasnikov

OK. we finially got into the place :jap:

1. Interier was ok for a street restaurant. It was evening and we(i and my wife) we quite comfortable sitting outside.

2. Owners(2 american guys? - are very frendly. It was really nice to chat with one of them till we were waiting for an order. We even helped him to correct russian translations in the menu ;).

3. So we ordered Meat Lovers Pizza(medium) and Reuben Sandwich. I wasnt a really big fan of sandwiches,(Burgers fan) but that Reuben,god, it was fantastic. My wife asked me to try and then i had to fight for every next piece of it. It was served with beans and a big pickles. PICKLES. Very hot and tasty. It was like i was back in russia for a moment. I was very close to cry :lol:Once again - fantastic sandwich.

3.Pizza was great too. Big. A lot of cheese. A lot of pasta. A lot of meat. Very,very good pizza.

4. Bill was 730thb. I payed 800. U can say its pricy for PTT. I say - iam ready to pay 25$ for a great evening(for 2 persons). I just came back from trip - BKK-Macau-HK-KL-BKK. U cant even imagine what shit i had to eat there for the same money. Decant burger was 20$+

Iam very sure that the price is high not because the owners are greedy. They are high because of high quility ingredients.

5. Medium pizza+ sandwich - we were really full.

Verdict: I ll defenitly return. There r more sandwiches and pizzas to explore :)

P.S. They even gifted us couples of pinckles for free :jap:

P.S.S. sorry for my english :unsure:

Great report, Yury. If it's true that Food is Love (Jasper White- Boston, Ma USA), then you're a great example of a man who speaks from the heart. Maybe I'll see you there one day... buy you a pickle!

B)

Edited by Michaelaway

Sorry Guys

Before I left I did manage to have a meal at del-izza.

Yes - the pastrami sandwich and my friend had a pizza, which she scoffed in record time.

I also got to try the "Chicago style"pizza!! Wow -- I have never seen a deep dish pizza before and was totally impressed. John made it with sausage meat and lots of ther things in there. It was delicious and when I return that will be my first place to head for a meal!!

Please keep the place alive!!

Tonight we had a Reuben... 2 Pastrami ...a Corned Beef sandwiches and a large Meat Lovers Pizza.

We had great pickles..cole slaw and potato salad.

All dishes Get A 10+ from 4 Americans and 1 Thai.

Delicous!!!

Edited by IAMSOBAD

Have any of you tried a "Rachel" sandwich? I know Deli-zza has coleslaw, so I think I will give it a shot. I will post my thoughts.

Hum, I am looking at the sandwich menu now and see: Reuben, Pastrami, Corned Beef, Roast Beef and Mom's Meatloaf. I Googled it and discovered that Reuben and Rachel are the same sandwich. Correct? If so, many people have talked about how wonderful the Reuben/Rachel sandwich is. I can only confirm that the Corned Beef is fantastic and a very big sandwich.

Specific additions to the bread and meat may vary by restaurant, but generally they are similar fancy sandwiches using swiss cheese plus

Reuben traditionally using using corned beef and sauerkraut and Russian dressing/thousand island

Rachel commonly using pastrami and coleslaw and Russian dressing/thousand island (sometimes even turkey!).

http://www.rowlandweb.com/reuben/history.asp

At this place I think only Reuben is on the menu and I have no idea if they use the traditional sauerkraut on it.

In the US anyway, Reuben (rather than Rachel) is definitely the classic and much more common.

I wouldn't call them the same sandwich.

I realize Wiki says a Reuben can be corned beef OR pastrami but I think the entry is misleading because classically the meat used is corned beef. If this specific place uses pastrami in their Reubens, whatever ... , restaurants can vary.

Edited by Jingthing

Specific additions to the bread and meat may vary by restaurant, but generally they are similar fancy sandwiches using swiss cheese plus

Reuben traditionally using using corned beef and sauerkraut and Russian dressing/thousand island

Rachel commonly using pastrami and coleslaw and Russian dressing/thousand island (sometimes even turkey!).

http://www.rowlandwe...ben/history.asp

At this place I think only Reuben is on the menu and I have no idea if they use the traditional sauerkraut on it.

In the US anyway, Reuben (rather than Rachel) is definitely the classic and much more common.

I wouldn't call them the same sandwich.

I realize Wiki says a Reuben can be corned beef OR pastrami but I think the entry is misleading because classically the meat used is corned beef. If this specific place uses pastrami in their Reubens, whatever ... , restaurants can vary.

Thanks for that explanation. I am looking at the menu and here is what it says about Reuben: "Our juicy, signature kosher style corned beef topped with sour kraut and melted Swiss cheese, served on freshly baked Rye Bread." That comes with a large homemade dill pickle spear and one of the following: coleslaw, potato salad (I know this is good) or baked beans. Sounds good to me :) Jingthing, you should try the place, if you have not already been there.

It's quite the hit and rightly so.

However, nix on the franchise idea. What's wrong with focusing on quality on one location? Make deli lovers come from all over Asia travel to their little Jomtien dive.

BTW, are they still not open until 3 PM? There was word they would start to open for lunch hours. Any update on that?

It's quite the hit and rightly so.

However, nix on the franchise idea. What's wrong with focusing on quality on one location? Make deli lovers come from all over Asia travel to their little Jomtien dive.

BTW, are they still not open until 3 PM? There was word they would start to open for lunch hours. Any update on that?

Last time I asked, they told me they open now at 2pm, but plan on being open at 1pm within the next couple of weeks. Reason being because they are training 2 full time Thai staff and they want to make sure everything will run smoothly enough for them to guarantee a consistent opening everyday. Im sure they would like to be open by 11 or 12 ASAP because I know A LOT of people who want their sandwiches for lunch. But I did notice that the Thai manager has improved in the couple of weeks she has been there. I think her name is Nan or Ann??? Give them just a little bit more time and I'm sure they will keep pleasing the customers. Fortunately I have not noticed any reduction in quality since their staff started preparing and serving the food. KUDOS!

Think they may be selling corned beef & pastrami, deli-style, by the kilo eventually? Loaves of rye bread, etc? That'd be interesting...

B)

John had mentioned to me that he intended to start selling his pies on order... Pumpkin, Pecan and coconut. Call ahead and order for the next day kind of thing.

Think they may be selling corned beef & pastrami, deli-style, by the kilo eventually? Loaves of rye bread, etc? That'd be interesting...

B)

John had mentioned to me that he intended to start selling his pies on order... Pumpkin, Pecan and coconut. Call ahead and order for the next day kind of thing.

Can you get a slice of pie and not the entire thing?

• 5 weeks later...

How does it compare to the Rubin at Rich Man Poor Man around the corner at soi 9? If I remember 200baht?

Had the Ruben there this week as I could not find Deli-zza, now know how to find it, walked from immigration to Soi 9 looking.His Ruebin was excellent, just not stacked like the pictures I see of Deli-zza. I will go back next week and try Deli-zza.

How does it compare to the Rubin at Rich Man Poor Man around the corner at soi 9? If I remember 200baht?

Had the Ruben there this week as I could not find Deli-zza, now know how to find it, walked from immigration to Soi 9 looking.His Ruebin was excellent, just not stacked like the pictures I see of Deli-zza. I will go back next week and try Deli-zza.

Deli-Zza was great Rubin. However I also liked the RMPM version. RMPM uses pastrami and Deli-zza uses corned beef. Both very good, just different. I will go back to both places.