Water Related Songs

onionluke

No one likes "Black Water" by the Doobie Brothers?

i do, great song, was out when i went to new orleans in 75 for the mardi gras, singing about the mississippi moon and funky dixieland hit the spot!

cant believe no one has come in with "smoke on the water" yet, and how about a good old 60"s soul classic, "wade in the water" by ramsey lewis.

i do, great song, was out when i went to new orleans in 75 for the mardi gras, singing about the mississippi moon and funky dixieland hit the spot!

cant believe no one has come in with "smoke on the water" yet, and how about a good old 60"s soul classic, "wade in the water" by ramsey lewis.

'cant believe no one has come in with "smoke on the water" yet, and how about a good old 60"s soul classic, "wade in the water" by ramsey lewis.'

excellent choices...'smoke on the water' has a memorable riff...and, I remember at Elysian Park in LA in 1969 and the band was playin' 'wade in the water' and there was a gurl casually dancing on the stage with her butt moving in an hypnotic manner with the music (I remember that she had short dark bobbed hair and wore tight 'capri' pants) and then the LAPD 'waded' in with batons and smashed the place up for 'illegal assembly'...

those were the days...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

Many rivers to cross

On the banks, of the river...

Crimea River (possibly mispelt)

and then we can get on to specific rivers

Fog on the Tyne...

Ferry cross the Mersey

Singin in the rain

Its Rainin' Men

Can't stand the rain!

Its rainin' in my heart...

I can see clearly now...

Not to forget the greatest poet of them all, the great - the fabulous - the inestimable and inicable

William Topaz McGonnagal

Beautiful Railway Bridge of the Silvery Tay!

SC

Many rivers to cross

Fog on the Tyne...

Ferry cross the Mersey

Singin in the rain

Its Rainin' Men

Can't stand the rain!

I can see clearly now...

Not to forget the greatest poet of them all, the great - the fabulous - the inestimable and inicable

William Topaz McGonnagal

SC

Truly classics , but probably not as magnificent as the Huffy Tug Boat Song by Bad Manners .

Many rivers to cross

Fog on the Tyne...

Ferry cross the Mersey

Singin in the rain

Its Rainin' Men

Can't stand the rain!

I can see clearly now...

William Topaz McGonnagal

SC

Truly classics , but probably not as magnificent as the Huffy Tug Boat Song by Bad Manners .

Probably the best song ever written about a toy boat.

"... very small but also very bold was he"

SC

Now that is a setting for "Black Water!"

"Smoke on the Water" and "Wade in the Water" are also classics! I think I need to download those for my iPod now that you have me humming them.

A lot of critics don't seem to like it, but "Down by the River" is one of my favorite Springsteen songs.

"Smoke on the Water" and "Wade in the Water" are also classics! I think I need to download those for my iPod now that you have me humming them.

A lot of critics don't seem to like it, but "Down by the River" is one of my favorite Springsteen songs.

Thought DBTR was Neil Young, maybe The River by BS?

Thought DBTR was Neil Young, maybe The River by BS?

I stand corrected. It is "The River."