My Baby Is Back On The Road

saorsa

After just over 9 months and a new frame, forks, wheel, bars, exhaust, tank, etc, etc courtesy of Mueng Thai insurance, I finally got my bike back on the road yesterday. Powerstation now has their dyno up and running, so I got the bike tuned while they were fixing it up (see charts). The power curve is nice and smooth, but the torque looks a bit jerky. Was hoping to get 100HP, but 98.33 will have to do, it is still way more than most Harleys have. I'm more interested in torque anyway and 109 will do nicely. The bike is riding like brand new, so good job done by the mechanic.

post-63405-0-21207400-1321092061_thumb.g

Went for a trip to Chacoengsao for lunch today to make sure all was well. Bangna Trat road, then 314 to get there, a spot of lunch at the riverside restaurant, then I thought I would take the 304 back to Bangkok. When I got to the Lat Krabang turn off on the 304, the turn off was not passable due to flooding, so I carried on a bit towards Min Buri and then hit more flooding and didn't want to take any chances, so a quick U turn and back to 314, Bangna Trat road to get home. Bangna Trat road must be one of the worst for bikes, the road surface is awful, even on the main road which you are not supposed to ride on, but I always do as the frontage road is scary.

post-63405-0-02965400-1321091886_thumb.j

Good job

So what mods did you do as my Twin cam goes in for cams, head work, big bore soon and would like to know what to expect. I am only running a Arlen ness tunner at the moment. I also have a tricked out custom running 1250 buell engine 100+ hp which has pretty well every thing done and only retained the harley clutch and gearbox and cases every thing else is upgraded to a race spec. Never did a dyno but should be in the 100 to 110 hp mark.

I see the water picture :)

On our last run we hit about a 1 klm of flooded road and we decided to try it and found the bikes ran fine with water upto just below the air filter the only problem was with on coming traffic causing a wave which would cover the air filter and cut the bike out, but would restart and kept going, in the end as a 4x4 would get close I would stop and lean the bike to the left then keep going.

Other than my horn now sounds like it should be on a push bike no side effects at all.

9 months is way too long without a bike on the road! First 4 months, my wrist couldn't have coped (pins holding it together for 2 months). After that, I was very busy offshore in Oman, plus there was a long delay on some parts. Would have been 8 months, but my last trip to Kazakhstan ended up an 8 weeker, then we had the flood problems so I couldnt' pick the bike up..

The mods I did are Dan Vance Racing 103" power package (new pistons, barrels, heads, cams, etc), screaming eagle 50mm throttle body, Rhineheart racing dual crossover pipes, screaming eagle heavy breather air filter and supertuner pro. The big bore power package was sent out as a kit from USA and Powerstation did the fitting. It is a night train by the way, not dyna...I prefer look of soft tails. :)

9 months is way too long without a bike on the road! First 4 months, my wrist couldn't have coped (pins holding it together for 2 months). After that, I was very busy offshore in Oman, plus there was a long delay on some parts. Would have been 8 months, but my last trip to Kazakhstan ended up an 8 weeker, then we had the flood problems so I couldnt' pick the bike up..

The mods I did are Dan Vance Racing 103" power package (new pistons, barrels, heads, cams, etc), screaming eagle 50mm throttle body, Rhineheart racing dual crossover pipes, screaming eagle heavy breather air filter and supertuner pro. The big bore power package was sent out as a kit from USA and Powerstation did the fitting. It is a night train by the way, not dyna...I prefer look of soft tails. :)

How'd Power Station treat you? Would you recommend them ?