Iphone 4

limegreenpatato

Sorry hijack your thread abit.

My 3Gs home buttom is not working properly where can i find a honest reliable shop in CNX to get it fix ?

My last inquiry was at Airport plaza quoted me 500baht without looking at the phone says have to change the home button which might not be the case as it might be some contact issue.

My 3Gs home buttom is not working properly where can i find a honest reliable shop in CNX to get it fix ?

My last inquiry was at Airport plaza quoted me 500baht without looking at the phone says have to change the home button which might not be the case as it might be some contact issue.

@ OP, trues 599 free package is pretty good, I have it myself and the free internet usage is nice to have.

@shopboy, Airport plaza, a couple of shops down from Tom Laycut hairdresser, the place has an angled entrance and blue signs, I don't know the name.

Had the back glass and home button changed on my iPhone 4 for 1800, took 20 min, good price I thought.

I want to make the move from Nokia to iPhone 4 too. I'm looking for a special like they do back in the states where you sign up for the year plan and they give you the phone cheap or let you make monthly payments on the phone. Anyone heard of any promotions like that here?

I want to make the move from Nokia to iPhone 4 too. I'm looking for a special like they do back in the states where you sign up for the year plan and they give you the phone cheap or let you make monthly payments on the phone. Anyone heard of any promotions like that here?

Not in Thailand - As close as you get is you get a slight discount on the phone when you commit to a 1 year contract !

Not in Thailand - As close as you get is you get a slight discount on the phone when you commit to a 1 year contract !

I think I saw the discount in the true shop being 4000 baht discount on the phone if you sign up for a year.

Yeah, I'm with you! I would love to pick up an iPhone on payments with a year contract if that was available here! Just can't justify laying out that much cash at once for a phone.

If anyone runs across that kind of a deal please post!

Just so that you're well informed, here's True's iPhone 4 page:

http://www.truemove....e/en/price.html

Here's AIS:

http://www.ais.co.th...one/en/package/

DTAC shouldn't be discussed here as they do not have 3G coverage in Chiang Mai.

DTAC reckon they will beging 3G coverage in CM from Jan 2012. I guess we may see it by June / July lol

I've just got TOT wireless put on at home but don't have a pc to access it there. I'm trying to connect to the net via my iphone 4 but am having no joy. Any ideas? Should i speak to TOT next? I fear the language barrier in these types of situations will add hours of pain haha.

I've just got TOT wireless put on at home but don't have a pc to access it there. I'm trying to connect to the net via my iphone 4 but am having no joy. Any ideas? Should i speak to TOT next? I fear the language barrier in these types of situations will add hours of pain haha.

Is the modem actually on and connected to the internet? Did they install it for you and put in username and password in the modem setup? Did they check it was working before that left?

Can the phone see the network and can you connect to the network? Do you have to type in a password?

If the answer is yes to all of the above you can try a network reset: Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings

Or try and connect to the modem directly by entering the modems ip address in Safaris address bar, it should be something like this: 192.168.0.0, and check the modem setup.

thats what happens when you buy iphone stick to samsung then all these little problems will never happen in the first place such an over priced peace of kit and substandard

next to samsung

LOL always love haters pitiful comments, really helpful.

Here's AIS:

ahh thanks alot. the true package does look the best.

Just wondering about the wifi on some of those packages......how do they limit your wifi. shouldn't i be able to connect to wifi where ever i have it regardless if they let me have unlimited or not? Or is this talking about a different service?

Is the modem actually on and connected to the internet? Did they install it for you and put in username and password in the modem setup? Did they check it was working before that left?

Can the phone see the network and can you connect to the network? Do you have to type in a password?

If the answer is yes to all of the above you can try a network reset: Settings - General - Reset - Reset Network Settings

Or try and connect to the modem directly by entering the modems ip address in Safaris address bar, it should be something like this: 192.168.0.0, and check the modem setup.

thats what happens when you buy iphone stick to samsung then all these little problems will never happen in the first place such an over priced peace of kit and substandard

next to samsung

Thanks AndersSN, you've given me plenty to work with :jap: .

x2 on the haters ;) .

The True wifi that comes with the package is where they have True WIFI hotspots.

You can connect to the wifi and use it instead of the 3g and the internet on the phone will be a bit faster. This is like when you're out or whatever.

Of course wherever you can connect to wifi is free/unlimited but being able to connect to the True hotspots is nice sometimes when you're out and don't have the password for whatever wifi is around ( or if they're all password protected)

I can only speak for the Truemove unlimited WIFI and I find it worthless... They somehow programmed my iPhone to automatically connect to any Truemove wifi network (without a password) when I come into range... But usually these networks range and speed suck... So for instance if you are in Siam Paragon your 3G data shuts down when the wifi kicks in... but if walk too far from these wifi routers the speed slows to a crawl... If your in a car and drive by a Starbucks your 3G will shut down and the sucky wifi data kicks in...

I would like to know how to disable my wifi from auto connecting to these networks?...

Edited by sfokevin

I can only speak for the Truemove unlimited WIFI and I find it worthless... They somehow programmed my iPhone to automatically connect to any Truemove wifi network (without a password) when I come into range... But usually these networks range and speed suck... So for instance if you are in Siam Paragon your 3G shuts down when the wifi kicks in... but if walk too far from these wifi routers the speed slows to a crawl... If your in a car and drive by a Starbucks your 3G will shut down and the sucky wifi kicks in...

I would like to know how to disable my wifi from auto connecting to these networks?...

Try selecting the network and then click Forget This Network, that should do it.

Or turn of WiFi when you leave your house, that also does the trick.

Try this it is probably the same as iPhone 4

Its an industrial design failing which is exacerbated by age and also how heavy you might be in pressing the button. The design of the iPhone4 (and 4S) uses two mini screws in the lower antenna ring to lock the lower portion of the phone in place, with heavy use or just thru age, these two screws can work their way out slightly and hence induce flex in the baseplate under the home button switch. You can see the two screws either side of the connector slot inboard of the microphones.

Please be very wary of attempting the below without the appropriate screwdriver or star driver, Apple Genius Bar will examine screw heads for tampering and may reject phone with botched heads!

If very careful (and you'll require a tiny 000 screwdriver), lay the phone face down on a flat surface, you can release the screws slightly (for 4x that I've done this on, they were already loose), then place a flat spludger inside the connector slot placing a small amount of pressure on the inside of the slot (ie. the back of the button plate), then whilst maintaining the pressure, cinch up the two screwheads. This will re-torque the button baseplate in place and you should hopefully be fine for another couple of months.

The reason some people see good success with USB cables attached (especially some non-Apple slightly badly toleranced ones), is that most of the cables both fill the slot and happen to strain the cable downward and hence lever upward pressure against the back of the button plate ... hence good success whilst connected to the USB cable, it probably maintains the plate in the "up" position as well for a little while until thumb pressure on the button overcomes the screws grip again and the baseplate drops yet again.

I don't doubt that some of the memory hungry apps (or poorly written, leaky apps) happen to slow down the system, but with the above fix in mind my 18mth old iPhone 4 is back in perfect working health and so are those of three other friends (various ages from 18mths to 1mth old).

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2798587?start=165&tstart=0

I can only speak for the Truemove unlimited WIFI and I find it worthless... They somehow programmed my iPhone to automatically connect to any Truemove wifi network (without a password) when I come into range... But usually these networks range and speed suck... So for instance if you are in Siam Paragon your 3G data shuts down when the wifi kicks in... but if walk too far from these wifi routers the speed slows to a crawl... If your in a car and drive by a Starbucks your 3G will shut down and the sucky wifi data kicks in...

Its normal practice to turn off Wifi when driving...... or it will be hopping all over the place. Best thing is ask them to remove the MAC address (auto authenticate ) , and manually login when you want to use WiFi.

Its normal practice to turn off Wifi when driving...... or it will be hopping all over the place. Best thing is ask them to remove the MAC address (auto authenticate ) , and manually login when you want to use WiFi.

Turning the wifi on and off when I drive or leave the house is a pain...

I asked them to remove the MAC address auto log in and give me a user name & password (like you get with their stand alone wifi plans) and they said that was not allowed with the FreeSize plan :(

Edited by sfokevin

Turning the wifi on and off when I drive or leave the house is a pain...

I asked them to remove the MAC address auto log in and give me a user name & password (like you get with their stand alone wifi plans) and they said that was not allowed with the FreeSize plan :(

Yeh, MAC address i dont like either. have to turn wifi on / off when i drive. I have wifi at work, and at home, so it will only pick up those two, and as such dont need to turn on and off. If have a big app that cant down load via 3G, then i go to manual Wifi login. Better.

next to samsung

my android just ate your apple you wait in a year iphone will be like nokia iphone who ???? lol

Here's AIS:

Just for reference the prices on trues page are out of date. i just found out to get anything close to the plan they offer on there i have to pay 300 more baht than whats advertised.

Here's AIS:

Just for reference the prices on trues page are out of date. i just found out to get anything close to the plan they offer on there i have to pay 300 more baht than whats advertised.

A colleuge got the 599 free package last week, so that should still be correct.

Here's AIS:

A colleuge got the 599 free package last week, so that should still be correct.

really? is it the same package though? because they still have the free package, but the stuff you get with it isn't the same. I just went into the store at airport plaza and they told me that one expired 2 months ago...do you have any idea where your colleuge got the package?