Teacher License Aplication During Floods

350LC

I was told the other day that some of our new teachers may face a border run as their teacher license applications have not been returned from Bangkok (I figure this is flood related).

Having already read that staff at Kru Sapah were instructed to move everything upstairs, I'm guessing that everything is in a mess. My first reaction was to think that surely the work permit and immigration offices must be aware of this issue and be able to grant an extention under the circumstances, but my boss seems convinced a border run is the only answer.

From my understanding, the teacher license application was made against the existing visa. If a border run is done, voiding the existing visa, then surely that voids the teacher license application also... so need to start everything again!

Has anyone any first hand experience / info on this?

Is there a way around doing a border run?

I keep waiting for someone to come along and post something knowledgeable on your situation, but since no one has, I am going to give it a try.

A few months ago, we had a teacher in a slightly different situation. He had gotten his non-immigrant B, but because of a missing document, he did not get his work permit time and thus the non-immigrant B visa expired. Once the document was in hand we had to start the whole process over again.

Just to add insult to injury, the poor guy return to Laos for the 2nd non-immigrant B and was refused because they had already given him one! He now has to go to Cambodia to get it.

Thanks. I did get a PM directing me to another forum for info, but figured there would be a bigger knowledge pool on here.

Will find out later today if the paperwork has been found at Bangkok or if new visa's are required.