How Can 7/11 Be So Well Managed ? How To Manage People The Same Way ?

frenchfarangjomtien

How Can 7/11 Be So Well Managed ? How To Manage People The Same Way ? Why other shops, even franchises, cannot be as good as seven eleven ?

A bit more on 7/11. Many decades ago the ultimate brand owners did impressive marketing and sales research to learn where to place various items / groups of items in the shop, and they even have impressive research about where (what level) to place certain colours and a whole lot more. The spacing of levels, the spacing across aisles etc., is also a result of quality research.

The temperatur in the shop is also a result of good research.

The ding dong door is irritating. Temperature too low. Chocolate is disgusting.

I've found the chocolate to be less appealing than those I generally found in the US. I happened to notice on the Kit Kat, for example, that the formula was changed to make the chocolates more melt resistent for hot, tropical countries. Perhaps it's just personal preference, but I find most of the chocolate for the Thai/Malaysian market to be pretty crappy.

After a very little thought I think they should change their name to 0/10 which is fair reflection of their service that I encounter although to be fair sometimes it does up to 2 but it is better to over achief that to under achief so nought out of ten it must be 0/10.

Now I am off to the MUM and DADs shop because not only is the service better, the beer is all 2 or 3 bts cheaper.:partytime2:

Most of the staff are women.

That eliminates allot of problems.

I have been in business here and would never hire a Thai guy for anything.

What an incredibly stupid remark. Firstly, I would say that half of 7/11 staff here on Phuket are men and incredibly helpful. I have also found male Thai staff capable and helpful in any capacity.

I'm sure Thai men will be crying over a sexist/racist such as yourself would not hire any of them.

Edited by silsburyhill

The ding dong door is irritating. Temperature too low. Chocolate is disgusting.

I've found the chocolate to be less appealing than those I generally found in the US. I happened to notice on the Kit Kat, for example, that the formula was changed to make the chocolates more melt resistent for hot, tropical countries. Perhaps it's just personal preference, but I find most of the chocolate for the Thai/Malaysian market to be pretty crappy.

Most of that Godawful 'chocolate' IS from the US. Hersheys, yuk.

After a very little thought I think they should change their name to 0/10 which is fair reflection of their service that I encounter although to be fair sometimes it does up to 2 but it is better to over achief that to under achief so nought out of ten it must be 0/10.

Now I am off to the MUM and DADs shop because not only is the service better, the beer is all 2 or 3 bts cheaper.:partytime2:

NOT here on Phuket it isn't.

I've been impressed that the local 7-11 keeps the shelves fully stocked, even when many items are (due to the flood interfering with the distribution chain) out of stock. e.g. The frozen food freezer, where they normally have noodles, curries, soups and other things, is still 100% full -- of only one item (rice soup with shrimp).

Ditto for the cold drinks refrigerator. Whereas before 1/3 of it was drinking water -- which is still in low supply -- they've increased the display of milk, soda water, and other beverages to keep the cooler full.

SOMEBODY realizes that appearances DO count. A shop with full shelves -- albeit with fewer choices -- is much more inviting that a shop with empty shelves. That is not what I would expect from typical Thai thinking/culture.

I've been impressed that the local 7-11 keeps the shelves fully stocked, even when many items are (due to the flood interfering with the distribution chain) out of stock. e.g. The frozen food freezer, where they normally have noodles, curries, soups and other things, is still 100% full -- of only one item (rice soup with shrimp).

Ditto for the cold drinks refrigerator. Whereas before 1/3 of it was drinking water -- which is still in low supply -- they've increased the display of milk, soda water, and other beverages to keep the cooler full.

SOMEBODY realizes that appearances DO count. A shop with full shelves -- albeit with fewer choices -- is much more inviting that a shop with empty shelves. That is not what I would expect from typical Thai thinking/culture.

Standards obviously vary from shop to shop, or maybe region to region, there is one my town which I have found to be very good, the rest are frankly very very poor. If you have a good standard in your areas then you are lucky, or maybe I just expect too much but until the standards raise here then I wont be spending much time there. Luckily for me I have plenty of alternatives and I dont mean Family Mart, I can easily pass those by as well.