Sai Oua ไส้อั่ว

ShopBoy

Speaking in general right, not the Mae Hia shop? Went to Payom market recently and that indeed fit the description. Mae Hia shop (called Ton Makaham?) are much leaner (while still not being health food) and tastier.

As for msg, it's just as much a part of life in Asia as salt is in the West. People who prefer salt or other nitrates over msg are in the wrong continent.

Correct. I may not have had them from the Mae Hia shop. In fact, probably not.

I ALWAYS ask for my food to be cooked without MSG and it seems it's a fairly common request. I often hear Thais asking for their food without it too. The g/f and her family won't touch the stuff. I think I read somewhere that the government banned it from being used in foods sold in schools. I just don't like the way I feel after I have ingested it.

But it's difficult to order sai oua without MSG obviously.

Thanks for the tips TV folks.

Just one more thing to do before i leave town. Any pointers to where for Khao Soi. I been to the one at Fah Ham is this the right place to go for Khao Soi ?

Any other particular place to recommend ?

Just one more thing to do before i leave town. Any pointers to where for Khao Soi. I been to the one at Fah Ham is this the right place to go for Khao Soi ?

There are 2 at Faham very close to each other. One is better than the other.

Many places with decent khao soi, though people's tastes vary. Some Muslim places in the Chang Klan area do good Khao Soi, it tends to be a bit thinner/soupier than at other places. Then the aforementioned Huan Phen also does Khao Soi. And in the Techno Asia soi off Aom Muang road (just after the railroad overpass on the left when coming from Big C) there is a big noodle & khao soi place that's very good. (They do other food as well, not all of it good; especially don't order any som tam)

There are so many places.. Is there a particular part of town that would be convenient relative to where you are?

Many places with decent khao soi, though people's tastes vary. Some Muslim places in the Chang Klan area do good Khao Soi, it tends to be a bit thinner/soupier than at other places. Then the aforementioned Huan Phen also does Khao Soi. And in the Techno Asia soi off Aom Muang road (just after the railroad overpass on the left when coming from Big C) there is a big noodle & khao soi place that's very good. (They do other food as well, not all of it good; especially don't order any som tam)

There are so many places.. Is there a particular part of town that would be convenient relative to where you are?

I can go everywhere as long good food. Just looking for a place that's jam pack with locals. Tks WTK

The 2 on Charoenrat Rd that are famous are Khao Soi Lamduan and Samer Jai. Samer Jai tends to be more popular with BKK people but that could be because of online advertising which BKK read.

Personally I like both, they are a bit different.

The 2 on Charoenrat Rd that are famous are Khao Soi Lamduan and Samer Jai. Samer Jai tends to be more popular with BKK people but that could be because of online advertising which BKK read.

Didn't know that 2 Khao Soi shops exsit on that road. The one i have been to seem to have expended tremendously, they used to sell only Khao Soi and now they sell almost everything related to northern food.

Are these 2 shops close to each other. Tks again cmsally.

There are 2 at Faham very close to each other. One is better than the other.

Which one is better in your opinion ? Tks elektrified.

Didn't know that 2 Khao Soi shops exsit on that road. The one i have been to seem to have expended tremendously, they used to sell only Khao Soi and now they sell almost everything related to northern food.

Coming from the city centre (south - heading north); Lamduan is first on the right hand side. Samer Jai is next on the LEFT hand side directly after the temple. (It is next to the temple).

Coming from the city centre (south - heading north); Lamduan is first on the right hand side. Samer Jai is next on the LEFT hand side directly after the temple. (It is next to the temple).

There is also a restaurant on the 3rd ring road almost to the Lamphun Road intersection and on the West side of the Lamphun road. I don't know if it is still Lamduan but it started out as an offshoot of that. It was good the last time I went there. I don't recall the name but it is on the north side of the road almost across from a very large red roofed building. If you are in that area you could look for it.

For some reason when I park there, my radio controlled door locks don't work. Drive away and they are fine.

MSPain

EDIT: I think they even have Chiang Mai sausage.

Edited by hml367