New To Hua Hin. Need Some Help To Settle Down.

Gregga

Hello to all of you happy people living in Hua Hin. I'm very sorry to bother you with my questions(sure you all tired to answer them again and again) but I'm just asking to redirect me to a certain threads in this forum ;"Search" doesn't help much.I just moved to Hua Hin with my family knowing pretty much nothing about it. But here I am looking for some friendly advices

1.Which web site to use to buy a car (used or new) and if there a person who speaks English who can help to register a car. Or how to do it right in Thailand to avoid crook middleman? Is our tourist visa OK for it? i found some nice second hand cars at http://one2car.com/ but is there someone who can help to translate or at least to call a seller for me?

2. Long term house rental -where to look for? Just drive around trying to find a perfect match with 2 little kids doesn't seem to be a good idea. Our budget is around 20-30 K bhat per month ( is it possible to find one with a swimming pool and 3 bedrooms?) Ready to drive up to 15 miles from Hua Hin. My kids are planing to attend Somtawin school so It'd be perfect to find a place around it.

3.Visa - I know that there is a certain "attachment visa" for a parent if a kid goes to school in Thailand. But there is a some kind of minimum money on a bank account requirement around 500 K Bhat per parent. Is that right? If there is a way to bribe a bank person? - sorry to ask this but as I said I'm in a "survival mode" with 2 little kids.: ) Another thing that i heard that I can simply apply for a NON A immigrant visa if I go study Thai language. So my question is: Would it be better to go study myself and get a NON A visa and get one for a kid or else. Please advise.

Thanx much.

Dear Gregga, I have been living in Thailand now for a short while, and I am moving to Hua Hin soon with my two children, one of which will be Probably going to the same school, you will find there is a lot of differing advice out there, so I willnot proffer you any, however... my wife is Thai and speaks fluent English we would be happy to help you with translations ans such you can email me on [email protected].

I can't answer your questions about used car buying or school related visas, but you should be able to find many properties as you described within your budget for a long term rental. The problem is that the best way to find them is to drive around and look for signs as if you go through a property company you will have to pay a fee or commission that may make you get less house for your money. Check the property shops closely and if you do go through them try to find one that charges a one time finders fee and doesn't add a fee to your monthly rental cost forever.

Hopefully, someone who actually owns a rental home fitting your description will read this and then your problem on that one will be solved.

Good luck and welcome to Hua Hin

Thank you all for your answers

Regarding car: I keep on searching but due to Bangkok flood I'd probably stick with a new one T.G. there are some at my budget of approx. 550 K Not exactly what I was looking for but I'm afraid to buy a drowned one at Bangkok, Please advise if there more English friendly web sites for used cars http://one2car.com with Google chrome translation doesn't work fine for me.

House is my main issue at the moment - still looking for it.

Visa : Was surprised that I need to go to Malaysia in order to get a student visa :blink: I thought It could be Burma. Another surprise was that only one parent can obtain a dependent visa even if there are 2 kids or more in the family.

Thank you all for your answers

Regarding car: I keep on searching but due to Bangkok flood I'd probably stick with a new one T.G. there are some at my budget of approx. 550 K Not exactly what I was looking for but I'm afraid to buy a drowned one at Bangkok, Please advise if there more English friendly web sites for used cars http://one2car.com with Google chrome translation doesn't work fine for me.

House is my main issue at the moment - still looking for it.

Visa : Was surprised that I need to go to Malaysia in order to get a student visa :blink: I thought It could be Burma. Another surprise was that only one parent can obtain a dependent visa even if there are 2 kids or more in the family.

Visa's are very flexible which change all the time, get proper advice. :jap: