Thai Cabinet Endorses Thaksin Amnesty Plan: Reports

webfact

This move seems to be a clear reversal of voiced promises by Yingluck during the campaign that her mission was not about one man. Not that anyone is surprised.

She is even a bigger lier then her brother I guess he taught her every thing he knows and how gulible thais are.

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when will you farangs realize this is the 3rd world? why do you keep judging this clown show to your western standards?

so <Snip!> tired of hearing farangs bitch about Thai ways. DC & Wall Street is far more corrupt than BKK.

This is a forum for people to express their viewpoints. If it makes you that tired and apparently distraught by the use of your language, why would you even bother to read these threads. Be nice to yourself if you're getting tired.

"equipped", but is it "working"

The Black Hawk have radar too. And it still clash in day-light.

I wouldn't take the risk, would you? Honestly.

Equipped but is it working. What do you think? Ok so they can still crash in daylight. So daytime/nightime no difference But she has still been using them over the time that she has been PM.

jb1

Night time the risk is higher.

Same same my mum ask me not to drive long distanct at night (to other provinces). Because the risk is higher.

Does that mean I will crash at night? Not likely, but my mum is no fool too, and I listen to her.

I think YS have made a wise choice.

It was planned that way. Why diden´t she leave earlier so she could be back in BKK before dark?

She could have used Skype via her laptop computer over the internet, or simply call in via telephone. Thaksin manages to communicate from a distance, so his clone would know how to as well.

This government decree crosses the boundaries of what is allowed. I don't think I can say any more. Think about it.

Their choice to go down this sensitive possibly-last-resort avenue indicates desperation.

It's especially strange considering that the red shirt movement has a more-than-insiginificant portion of anti-monarchists, including some of its leaders. Some of them are vocal, others prefer to keep their true opinions quiet.

Edited by hyperdimension

Reconciliation my arse!! - Hitler and the Jews were more reconcilable than the political divides in this country.

The next parliamentary session should be a no holds bar slug fest where anything goes. In the words of big John McCarthy "Lets get it on!"

This kind of sheds light on Thaksin's mysterious silence during the flood crisis. He clearly thinks now it is a GO time to act while the iron is wet.

With the mass disaster and suffering going on they are counting on people not being able to resist this

Useful article by here:

http://asiancorrespo...lective-pardon/

Since we are less than 3 weeks away from the Kings Birthday I assume we are going to get some conformation fairly quickly on what has been agreed - particularly since there seems to be a stipulation that anyone granted a pardon has to be in the country when it is given.

So if he comes back and sets foot on Thai soil can the police whisk him away to serve his 2 year sentence????

Ohhh I forgot, the police are his appointee's aren't they - are the army allowed to do this????? If they are, you can guarantee that his first step as he disembarks the plane will be assisted by a uniformed man taking hold of his arm and guiding him to his destination (it might not be the same as Thaksin's intended destination though)!!!

I would have thought that they would have a plan in place for this. There were rumours a couple of months back that the Special Branch detention cells at Bang Khen police school were being recommissioned for unknown reasons - one theory was for looking after a special prisoner???

I am sure that his arrival at the airport will be well timed. :whistling:

jb1

Bet he can even fly in the dark.:whistling:

You are more than welcome to disapprove of the Prime Minister's policies but you WILL drop the childish obscenities. If you cannot have a discussion in a civil manner you will find your posting rights removed. I do hope this is perfectly clear, the next person to use these kinds of obscenities when referring to the Prime Minister will be suspended for a minimum of a week.

Edit to add: Posts using derogatory nicknames or intentional misspelling of people’s names will be deleted. If you don’t want your post to be deleted, spell people’s names correctly.

Additional edit to add:

6) Not to post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm. Libel involves the making of defamatory statements in a printed or fixed medium, such as a magazine or newspaper.

Wow this is unbelievable. Millions still affected by the flood and now we see where this government's priorities lie. The country can be in shambles but they don't care as long as they can bring their beloved leader back. Shameful! :angry:

Why am i not suprised with Taksin's sister as PM, of coarse it will pass the cabinet, another nail in the coffin for Thailand, seems the floods are not important to them only Thaksin's return--- TIT.

So maybe now many of the red shirts might see through the Taksin Dinisty.

Wow this is unbelievable. Millions still affected by the flood and now we see where this government's priorities lie. The country can be in shambles but they don't care as long as they can bring their beloved leader back. Shameful! :angry:

Why am i not suprised with Taksin's sister as PM, of coarse it will pass the cabinet, another nail in the coffin for Thailand, seems the floods are not important to them only Thaksin's return--- TIT.

So maybe now many of the red shirts might see through the Taksin Dinisty.

Yep while Thailand is flooded and its population is distracted the cabinet of millionaire went missing, only to surface with a secret decree to give their boss amnesty for xmas, this will ensure they will become the cabinet of billionaires.

RT @tulsathit: Foreign Minister Surapong: There won't b political chaos over amnesty. This is a govt elected by 15 million ppl.

I suppose they can just ignore the other 50 million.

Like they ignore the pre-election promises (300B/day immediately for all workers, lap-top computers for all 1st-graders, farmers' credit-cards, etc) which helped them get those votes, now they're in-power ? :bah:

IMO not everyone was voting for the return of the absconded former-PM, those other 'goodies' were understandably very-attractive, to many of the people who voted for PTP and the 'hot Ms Yingluck'.

Perhaps it should be put to a referendum, on whether the rule-of-law should be cast aside, for the benefit of one elite former-PM ? <_<

Rather than deciding it behind-closed-doors, with the PM not there, so she can deny all knowledge of what's going on ? B)

This maneuver by the cabinet poses an interesting question. I am given to understand that thousands of people will be proposed for amnesty at the same time on the birthday of His Majesty. Thaksin has apparently been slipped in with the other people wishing amnesty. So this raises two questions. Is the amnesty group all or nothing ? And the second question is whether or not there is any historical precedent for turning down the amnesty? I actually want to know......

This is Thailand and the present government won a fair election. What is being done is being decided by Thais and those of you who do not like it and/or the decisions being made should go back and put your own country to right. Obviously the Thai system is no good for you so why live in a country that you do not like when your country is obviously a paradise which was so good you had to get out and move elsewhere. As for me I accept that I am a guest here and happy with the system because it is the Thai way. When I become uncomfortable for whatever reason I will move on, maybe back to my own country. I respectfully suggest many of the posters have now reached this stage and should leave!

So you lead pretty much a life in BLACK and WHITE.

1. LOVE IT 100% => STAY

2. DON'T LOVE SOMETHING => LEAVE TO ANOTHER COUNTRY

3 GOTO 1.

For the rest of us, we love Thailand and (most) Thai people and, yes, request the right to an opinion, especially when we see how some people treat badly what we love.

As of me, I will stay and watch the sh** hit the fan. It's gonna be great fun.

Perhaps it should be put to a referendum, on whether the rule-of-law should be cast aside, for the benefit of one elite former-PM ? <_<

Can't see that they'd risk that. They wouldn't have yellows boycotting the vote to help them like they did the last election. They never win a majority of the popular vote, and if they didn't get over 50% he'd be permanently screwed.

All their talk of democracy is simply propaganda to serve their own needs and quickly discarded when it doesn't

No matter how this ends there is going to be a lot of blood

Unfortunately I believe you are right. The 'yellows' will not take this lying down

Reconciliation wow what A word and yes so unbelievable and when you get Families, who have 2 or 3 husbands/boyfriends and do not care two hoots about all the chidren they foster, yet do nothing to help the so called Family.

Grandparents who in the main bring up these wonderful children deserve so much praise and yeah everyone wants reconciliation, but only on their own terms.

Having said all of this the same same happening throughout the World.

It is also disgusting in that people pay for everything regarding hospital and school fees and the other split partner Family contribute what absolutely Zero.

The children decide to want to stay with whoever loves them and they know, while the other Family just do not give a dam_n about their children.

Families are often ignored by the other side and yes lol providing funds to help save the life of so called Daughter in laws.

How they can sleep at night heaven knows.

Edited by jhwest

Since ultimately there is a kingdom at stake, we should not be surprised by anything that Mr. Taksin's clique may do in order to gain the prize.

Rapacious: ra·pa·cious

1. Taking by force; plundering; practising pillage or rapine.

2. Greedy; ravenous; grasping. See Synonyms at "voracious".

3. Subsisting on live prey.

(The American Heritage and Collins English dictionaries)

when will you farangs realize this is the 3rd world? why do you keep judging this clown show to your western standards?

so <Snip!> tired of hearing farangs bitch about Thai ways. DC & Wall Street is far more corrupt than BKK.

This is a forum for people to express their viewpoints. If it makes you that tired and apparently distraught by the use of your language, why would you even bother to read these threads. Be nice to yourself if you're getting tired.

lol point taken.

I'm shocked,,, NOT,,, like everybody didn't see that coming,,, yingluck has just been the shill for her brother all along,,,

Casablanca (1942)

Rick: "How can you close me up? On what grounds?"

Captain Renault: "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!"

[a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]

Croupier: "Your winnings, sir."

Captain Renault: [sotto voce] "Oh, thank you very much."

[aloud]

Captain Renault: "Everybody out at once!"

No surprise here. I think we all knew this was happening after the election results.

Still, it's sad to see. So much for stability and peace.

Don't forget that a clear majority of the Thai electorate voted for this. Mrs Yingluck campaigned on a mandate to bring her brother back.

This is actually what they WANT.

As absurd as Thailand would look (not that they give a rat's arse about international opinion) you cannot deny that it is democracy at work.

No surprise here. I think we all knew this was happening after the election results.

Still, it's sad to see. So much for stability and peace.

Don't forget that a clear majority of the Thai electorate voted for this. Mrs Yingluck campaigned on a mandate to bring her brother back.

This is actually what they WANT.

As absurd as Thailand would look (not that they give a rat's arse about international opinion) you cannot deny that it is democracy at work.

The nice thing about democracy at work is that it allows the other side (in this case the yellows) to protest, and they will.

Edited by ratcatcher

It's the way they did it that sums this mafia up.

Yingluck sneaks off to Singburi and states that "Oh it's dark now, my helicopter can't fly in the dark because it has no radar so I can't return for my cabinet meeting"

Army says "of course that model has radar and so does the other helicopter that is on standby"

Chalerm the magnificent holds the meeting kicking out all but a select few cronies. Meeting is "secret" - well all know why. Meeting agrees to this amnestty.

When cabinet is asked about the meeting the outcome is silence, no comment or Plodprasop "I can't say, it's a secret"

Yingluck, when asked, says "Don't ask me what they did - I wasn't there"

Absolute disgrace.

Would you go in a Thai helicopter based on recent performances? I wouldn't!!

I don't even like them flying overhead. :unsure:

what's shameful is the man who did more positive things for thailand than anyone in recent history was couped out of office and forced into exile.

If this was posted as a serious comment, then you are one sad individual...!!