Tt&T Now Ripping Off The Customer

Usually pay all telephone bills by internet banking and expect to be charged 10 Baht per bill.

Pay electric and water at the 7-11 and expect to pay 10 Baht per bill.

However, TT&T bills did not arrive this month so I went to their office opposite Makro and they charged me 5 Baht for each bill for the pleasure of paying my bills in cash, on time and to them directly.

I am not too bothered about 5 Baht - but how can they justify this?

Another official Thai rip off.

Just wondering what would happen if you went in with the exact money to pay your bill !

would they refuse and send you away ? would they credit your account and leave 5 baht unpaid, thus going onto next bill ?

I understand that it's nothing to do with the 5 baht but lets get real here and say, hey what would happen if it was 20 baht or 50 baht, you the customer would be held to ransom.

Imagine going to tesco and buying 500 bahts worth of grocerys, yes sir thats 505 baht please ,,, why ? cos we charge every one to pay their bill's on time with cash.

only 5 baht but ridiculous

I think you should waste their time and money and ask for a seperate invoice for the 5 baht,,, if everyone asks for an invoice it would be a right pain in the A**e for em

Edited by starcandle

Just wondering what would happen if you went in with the exact money to pay your bill !

would they refuse and send you away ? would they credit your account and leave 5 baht unpaid, thus going onto next bill ?

I understand that it's nothing to do with the 5 baht but lets get real here and say, hey what would happen if it was 20 baht or 50 baht, you the customer would be held to ransom.

Imagine going to tesco and buying 500 bahts worth of grocerys, yes sir thats 505 baht please ,,, why ? cos we charge every one to pay their bill's on time with cash.

only 5 baht but ridiculous

I think you should waste their time and money and ask for a seperate invoice for the 5 baht,,, if everyone asks for an invoice it would be a right pain in the A**e for em

may only be 5 baht but that's egregious afaic. good suggestion for the separate invoice. i don't use tt&t but i am always on the lookout for these hidden fees.

I emailed TT&T Bangkok about this and to their credit they phoned me back within the hour.

Their explanation is that the lines are leased from TOT and whilst they are the service provider they are acting as an agent for TOT in collecting the payment hence the counter charge. Apparently if I had gone direct to TOT and paid them, there would have been no charge.

And yes I did get a proper receipt (inc VAT) for the 5 Baht when I paid.

I paid my AIS bill with TOT money, but then I used my ToT money to pay for my AIS bill. That was 5 baht more than my cable bill so I paid it with the 4 bht left from my water bill. NO I really have a problem because the .25 bht I left from Makro I was saving it ot pay the extra .5 bht on my water bill!

Welcome to Thailand!

That 10 baht per bill at 7-11 could be 7-11's fee for services. Just thought that maybe it is a 50/50 split with 7/11 The 5 baht per bill is a rip-off and a nice earner for TT&T.

they are so stupid really. They should have just included the 5 baht in the price then people would not know but they seem to get a kick out of not only ripping people off but pissing people off.

i bought some trainers ijn Big C ( the shop ) the sports shop down stairs and the sales man asked me if i could give him 5 baht.

the trainers were 1495 THB i gave them 2000 baht and the man asked me if he could give me 500 baht change only becuase he made a mistake.

Just priciple i said no. why u expet the customer to pay for your mistake. if it is only 5 baht then he should pay it. i would pay the 5 baht if that is what the trainer were worth.

i really got angry. i hate people begging specially when they do not need it.

just the cheek of it. i would never ask the customer for more money if i was working in a shop. I would lose my job.

could you imiagine it. me working in tescos.

" hello sir the price is 3 pounds 50 pence but i want another 5 pence for my pocket"

I emailed TT&T Bangkok about this and to their credit they phoned me back within the hour.

Their explanation is that the lines are leased from TOT and whilst they are the service provider they are acting as an agent for TOT in collecting the payment hence the counter charge. Apparently if I had gone direct to TOT and paid them, there would have been no charge.

And yes I did get a proper receipt (inc VAT) for the 5 Baht when I paid.

I had four more bills due today - 2 TOT and 2 TT&T.

Went to the TOT Office in Bophut. No additional charge for any of the bills.

So paying TT&T is the same as paying at a 7-11 but 5 Baht cheaper!!

Wonderful Thailand!

Why should 7-11 handle the money for free?

7-11 in Japan does not charge for providing this service. Sometimes we get caught up in the "I don't want to do anything for anyone unless they give me some money" thinking. Maybe 7-11 is getting a fee from the utilities and the utilities absorb the costs.

Once I paid my landline late, the phone at been turned off. I walked over to 7-11 at about 1am to pay and when I returned the phone was back on. That is what I call great service.