Already Have A Wp, Can I Add A Another Job ?

Hi all

I already have a have a one year WP, I work for a company here in Pattaya. I am looking to diversify into a completely new product/company , nothing to do with the company that employs me now.

I have been told i can add to the WP with my new company and that shouldn't be a problem,

I may ,in the future, leave my employment with the company that initial employed me and concentrate solely with my new company.

Will there be problems in trying to do the above?

Regards

Paul

Yes, you can add a second employer to your work permit. But you must have written permission from your first employer to do that.

Many thanks for that,

question, if i resign from my present employer can he stop my work permit from my other company ( if you understand my drift) or will i have to re-apply for a new WP for my new company ?

In a nutshell, will i be able to use my current WP even though i dont work for him but have the details of my new company which has nothing to do with him

Cheers

paul

Either the WP is canceled and you get a new one or you can still use it with only the old job canceled. Doesn't make much difference.

As stated above, you can add an employer with the permission of the first employer - (using the WP7 form) however subsequent WP renewals require two sets of employer paperwork.

If you have added a second employer you cannot have the first employer deleted and keep the WP going.

It used to be possible years ago; but for a number of years now, Labour have taken the view (certainly in Phuket) that the WP expires when the first (primary) employer is deleted.