Ripoff Tailor Gets A Beating

Buff-horns

Brits beat up tailor in rumpus over charges

His prices did not suit them

Boonlua Chatree

A group of four British nationals attacked and beat a tailor who they said tried to cheat them over a payment.

In the end, it cost these British nationals 25,000 baht and they didn’t receive their tailored clothes.

Police were called out in the evening of November 3 when it was reported that foreigners had attacked the owner of Next Fashions, a tailor shop at Bavaria House Plaza, on Pattaya Second Road.

Officers entering the shop found that things were scattered everywhere. The owner, identified as Zaher, 35, was bleeding from injuries sustained to the inside of his mouth and nose. He told officers that he had been attacked by two male foreigners who were accompanied by two women and that all had run off. Police caught up with the four in no time and took them off for questioning.

The four, all bearing signs of a recent scuffle, were identified as British nationals. Shaun Leslie Dykes, 43, had a cut hand and bruised face. Philip Anthony Wright, 25, had a slight wound to the back of the neck, a bruised chest and a swelling on his head. Miss Sara Chantelle Kershaw, 24, had a small cut on her back, as did Miss Nicola Eden, 20, who also had a bruise on her left knee.

Zaher told officers that he was asked to make clothes for a British man who paid a 60 pounds sterling deposit. When the group returned to collect the clothes Zaher charged them 250 pounds. The group refused to pay and Zaher refused to return the deposit. The group became angry and an argument ensued before the four attacked him and took 60 pounds from his desk before fleeing.

The group told officers that they had asked Zaher to make clothes for 170 pounds and had paid a 60 pounds deposit. When they returned to collect the clothes Zaher wanted 250 pounds. They decided not to take the clothes and asked for the return of the deposit. Zaher refused, hence the beating.

Zaher said that he wanted compensating for the assault and stealing money from his desk. The British nationals paid him 25,000 baht. Police filed a report and released them.

Well normally the tailors ask for your hotel info - so perhaps thats how they were caught. Uncalled for at any rate, 60 quid is lost is better than 300quid. :D

Yes, better to lose 60 than 300 but it's very hard to not

loose your cool when you have some smirking little thief

taking the p1ss. :o

Giving the tailor a good hiding obviously isn't the way to go but if he did try to reneg on the deal would you just walk away 60 quid lighter? As a tourist I would have called the Police, as someone that lives here I'm not sure how much good that would have done. Did they have a receipt showing amount paid and amount still to pay? That and the other questions asked here means it all smells a bit.

i cant figure out why all 4 of the farangs all took cuts and bruises against 1 indian bloke

I would bet my money on any short, under nourished Indian guy armed with a large pair of tailors scissors, against four farangs anyday.....particularly British. :o

In between customers, those Indian tailors sit in front of their TV's watching kung <deleted> movies.....and at the time this particular tailor probably had a mouth full of spicy hot vindaloo curry that burned him into action.

Giving the tailor a good hiding obviously isn't the way to go but if he did try to reneg on the deal would you just walk away 60 quid lighter?  As a tourist I would have called the Police, as someone that lives here I'm not sure how much good that would have done.  Did they have a receipt showing amount paid and amount still to pay?  That and the other questions asked here means it all smells a bit.

Most definately. Tourist police is the way too go. Generally they will come back to the shop with you and stand in the background while you negotiate a fair deal with the tailor.

So the REAL criminals, the ones whoi tried to skank the tourists out of £80 ended up with the support of the poilce?

Thats pleasing to know.  Does anyone know where next fashion is?

They are all criminals, the tailor for trying to rip them off and the Brits for trying the strong arm stuff. Maybe if the Brits had called the police then the bib would have been more sympathetic towards them.

So the REAL criminals, the ones whoi tried to skank the tourists out of £80 ended up with the support of the poilce?

Police were called out in the evening of November 3 when it was reported that foreigners had attacked the owner of Next Fashions, a tailor shop at Bavaria House Plaza, on Pattaya Second Road.

Always get the quotation in writing and a receipt for the amount paid and the balance to pay. This applies to whatever you are buying in Thailand.

These Brits were lucky that they didn`t end up in further trouble, especially by taking money from the desk of the tailor even if they considered it to be their money.

They should have gone to the tourist police instead and if they had the necessary paperwork then they would have had some back up for their story. :o

i cant figure out why all 4 of the farangs all took cuts and bruises against 1 indian bloke

I would bet my money on any short, under nourished Indian guy armed with a large pair of tailors scissors, against four farangs anyday.....particularly British. :o

In between customers, those Indian tailors sit in front of their TV's watching kung <deleted> movies.....and at the time this particular tailor probably had a mouth full of spicy hot vindaloo curry that burned him into action.

No prize for guessing where your from....

I bet you stayed indoors watching steven seagal films before you could write that <deleted>

I would bet my money on any short, under nourished Indian guy armed with a large pair of tailors scissors, against four farangs anyday.....particularly British. :D

No prize for guessing where your from....

I bet you stayed indoors watching steven seagal films before you could write that <deleted>

They have to train the kangaroos to box over there...otherwise you never see a decent fight :o

if this had happened in england, it would have been a lot worse, they got off light, their own fault for not having everthing written down, if they did tehn tourist police for sure.

I would hazard a guess and say there have been many complaints against suit shops in Pattaya aswell as BKK and Phuket. So surely something should be done about dodgy dealers. Im sure I read or saw on the news something about deportation for the rogue traders.

Sorry but im on the Brits side on this 1

Pound to a penny the 2 birds instigated the fisticuffs...............there's nothing worse than having a bird with you when your trying to sort something out.............to be fair though they were probably not expecting any trouble when they went in to collect the gear.

Ya that's kind of weird,there strong looking guys..........we all know this ###### down from kiss foods,,,,, he desivers more......100% theif,, seen his action for years and not the first time I've seen violene there, it's regular ,the boys in brown are well pieced off...........all sio 10 falangs (long stay) know this......UN :o

Surely you can get a similar quality suit in the UK for 60 quid??

Why do people bother.

Its all pretty shabby fabric and workmannship unless you find a real established tailor with a good rep.

Ya that's kind of weird,there strong looking guys..........we all know this ###### down from kiss foods,,,,, he desivers more......100% theif,, seen his action for years and not the first time I've seen violene there, it's regular ,the boys in brown are well pieced off...........all sio 10 falangs (long stay) know this......UN :o

Talking with a mate toninght who IS the policeman that dealt with it.

The rip off bastard tailor hiked the price without asking first and they refused to pay (agreed deposit beforehand) which the TG asked to be returned, after arguing the tailor tried to HIT the girl, thats when the guys stepped in.

The copper said the tailor was a **** (or words to that affect.)

Seems like their bastards everywhere. :o

Talking with a mate toninght who IS the policeman that dealt with it.

The rip off bastard tailor hiked the price without asking first and they refused to pay (agreed deposit beforehand) which the TG asked to be returned, after arguing the tailor tried to HIT the girl, thats when the guys stepped in.

The copper said the tailor was a **** (or words to that affect.)

Seems like their bastards everywhere. :o

So why did they side w/Tailor? (seems to me the police would love to stick it to a C*nt like this tailor. )