Now Condo, Where?

Johnbikke

Condo market for farangs is pretty dead in Phuket, but the thai market is going good, check Supalai and Sansiri both almost sold out there projects

what do you mean thai market? THere will be mostly living thais in the condo?

Might be hard to resell to foreigners?

Eva Beach in Rawai is what I'd consider 'upmarket'.

Good developer, so you can be sure as you can be that it'll be completed.

Being built illegally, so you can be sure, once you buy, a year or two down the road it'll be taken away along with your cash.

Didn't know that. But, I presume the high water mark rules, right?

Not wanting to be contentious to your post, but just how are buyers meant to become aware of this? Clearly agents and lawyers aren't telling them, because some of the units have already been sold - for big money.

ONE simple fact...buyer beware..only buy a finished established condo with the correct titles,check check and check,and see whether any of the condos have been resold,without any problems ,GOM is right be careful..:whistling:

ONE simple fact...buyer beware..only buy a finished established condo with the correct titles,check check and check,and see whether any of the condos have been resold,without any problems ,GOM is right be careful..:whistling:

Totally agree about 'buyer beware', but how on earth can you check, check, check for correct titles when lawyers won't tell you first that something may be illegal, as in the case of Eva Beach according to GOM?

Certainly, on a resale, something may come to light, but resales in a new development are probably some way off. And, for stupid reasons, buyers rarely seem interested in established units - they want new, new, new all the time.

Totally agree about 'buyer beware', but how on earth can you check, check, check for correct titles when lawyers won't tell you first that something may be illegal, as in the case of Eva Beach according to GOM?

Certainly, on a resale, something may come to light, but resales in a new development are probably some way off. And, for stupid reasons, buyers rarely seem interested in established units - they want new, new, new all the time.

you have do the best you can taking advice from expats, lawyers

,etc, poeple who have had experiance here, even some of the old established building and condo companies who have establishe track records, eg ..Two Villas group etc,at the end of the day its up to the buyer..

I wonder how you would consider getting the return on your investment. Buying a condo in Phuket for something else than a secondary home seems crazy. High price, low rent, poor reselling value, extortionate maintenance fees does not usually make a sound investment.

I have a friend that is selling his foreign owned titlecondo in Khao Kaht for a reasonable price. He paid 16 million and has neverlived in the unit he is asking for reasonable offers. It is furnished with a fantastic sea view and beach front in Chalong Bay. It is 3 bedroom two stories.Can transfer to you in your own name,E-mail me for pictures.

LiveSteam