Archers

Ulysses G.

I went there last night for the curry however could not finish meal as there was dog sitting under the food of table sticking its nose

to see what was available. I could not finish and enjoy the meal and left thinking about the dog near the food. Serious health concerns in this place

and wonder what its like in the kitchen ! The owner thinks it must be fine to have the dog walking around food ? I WONT BE BACK

I gotta get in on this one!

Really? Animals in a restaurant - the horror.

But seriously, There are only three basic things that cause health issues for restaurants:

1) Hot food not stored hot enough (buffets may be suspect, but it does take quite a long time for cooked food to become hazardous).

2) Cold food not stored cold enough (street carts at the end of the day when their ice has melted...).

3) Food prep staff not washing their hands.

That accounts for 99.9% of food hazards.

Pets licking your leg, or looking at your food is actually not a major issue for health. Too bad it is for you.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went there last night for the curry however could not finish meal as there was dog sitting under the food of table sticking its nose

to see what was available. I could not finish and enjoy the meal and left thinking about the dog near the food. Serious health concerns in this place

and wonder what its like in the kitchen ! The owner thinks it must be fine to have the dog walking around food ? I WONT BE BACK

103.gif103.gif30.gif

There is a place for animals however I don't think an eating are is the right place especially around food. Customer come to eat and enjoy a meal however your beliefs about food areas and animals being close by (within 1/2 meter). The dog is a very large dog to have roaming around nearby the food. The service at archers was great

the few times i have been there and the food OK. Dogs are not allowed in places to eat for may reasons.

So what you are saying its OK to sit at the table and have the dog lick you whilst eating at ARCHERS and its not a health issue !

Can't blame a dog for hanging around......with meat portions that huge, there's sure to be plenty left over!

yourself of course, will be sticking to a 35 baht Pad Thai, so quite why you are engaging in a thread about Sunday Lunches, when on your own admission you are precluded from eating them, one can only wonder!

• Like 1

No problem, I am sure no one will miss you....including Mary! By the looks of it your views are not shared by anyone else that frequents Archer bar. Staying away will just mean more food available at the buffet for everyone else.....sounds great!

Can't blame a dog for hanging around......with meat portions that huge, there's sure to be plenty left over!

yourself of course, will be sticking to a 35 baht Pad Thai, so quite why you are engaging in a thread about Sunday Lunches, when on your own admission you are precluded from eating them, one can only wonder!

To be fair Millwall i didn't think that this thread was specific to Sunday Lunches just specific to Archers.

Have to laugh at old Ups having you over, every time he puts out the bait you come along and gobble it up like an old Pike catching the minnow, i can just see you now, waking up in a hot sweat shouting out his name 18.gif

They've got a big dog there! I'm on my way.

I had a 70kg dog I used to take into a pub bistro. He did very nicely from the leftovers. I also used to take him on hospital visits and the medical staff were not worried about the patients catching anything from him except a lot of affection.

To be fair Millwall i didn't think that this thread was specific to Sunday Lunches just specific to Archers.

Have to laugh at old Ups having you over, every time he puts out the bait you come along and gobble it up like an old Pike catching the minnow, i can just see you now, waking up in a hot sweat shouting out his name 18.gif

What bait alfie? I never ever mention MF or TOB and just post according to the topic, which in this case is Archers.

Why I should keep popping into his thoughts is beyond me.

What bait alfie? I never ever mention MF or TOB and just post according to the topic, which in this case is Archers.

Why I should keep popping into his thoughts is beyond me.

As Suggs once sang " It must be love" wub.pngwub.pngwub.pngwub.png

That's madness biggrin.png

Why? He's not an unattractive man, is he?

I believe Suggs was the lead singer of the UK group Madness.......hence "that's madness".

Things aren't as good when you have to explain are they...lol

There is a place for animals however I don't think an eating are is the right place especially around food. Customer come to eat and enjoy a meal however your beliefs about food areas and animals being close by (within 1/2 meter). The dog is a very large dog to have roaming around nearby the food. The service at archers was great

the few times i have been there and the food OK. Dogs are not allowed in places to eat for may reasons.

So what you are saying its OK to sit at the table and have the dog lick you whilst eating at ARCHERS and its not a health issue !

The one thing I have learned about dog lovers is there is no reasoning with them. They operate like every one loves dogs and should be permitted every where with no thought of any one else. I am not a dog lover but I have a low opinion of people who own large dogs and keep them inside. And yes they are a health issue.

That's madness biggrin.png

I believe Suggs was the lead singer of the UK group Madness.......hence "that's madness".

as you say sometimes having to explain the joke is even funnier than the joke itself...

Things aren't as good when you have to explain are they...lol

Nah.......gutted. sad.png I'm heading for the house of fun.

for a bit of emabarrasment in those baggy trousers again (dont want to explain this to non english)

• Like 1

The one thing I have learned about dog lovers is there is no reasoning with them. They operate like every one loves dogs and should be permitted every where with no thought of any one else. I am not a dog lover but I have a low opinion of people who own large dogs and keep them inside. And yes they are a health issue.

Agreed. I am not a dog hater but I certainly don't love them but I absoultely agree dog lovers virtually force the fact at every single opertunity and get mega anti if anyone should even think about saying otherwise. When a dog does something wrong they make out that it's ok...and of course the dog can do no wrong.....Sometimes easy to forgive a dog and get p####d with the owner actually.

On the flip side I see huge amounts of people in this country (expats included) who get a dog for what ever reason and really don't give a dam_n about it... No wonder they spend the whole night whinging and barking and keeping everyone up...

as you say sometimes having to explain the joke is even funnier than the joke itself...

Yes, especially when someone just doesn't get it or misconstrues. In this case you would need to be British (I guess) and have heard of the group Madness, otherwise the response is out of context (like OP's), but also quite funny in it's own way, because it is.

Edited by uptheos

The complaints people have about "The Business" are an "Embarrassment".

Its a "Crying Shame" people want the dog "Not Home Today" when they visit.

"Take it or leave it" I say. "Thats the way to do it".

I've never seen the dog "Waltz into mischief", he seems to sit there, good as can be in "The Sun and The Rain". "Give me a Reason" to not love that dog Mary.

If you're not a fan of dogs, "Please Don't Go" "One Step Beyond" the entrance. But "Don't Quote Me On That", its not my place to say.

"A Day on the Town" wouldn't be right without seeing "That Face" of the darling dog Mary. You could say it would be "Madness"

Maybe you complainers should just "Shut Up" and start "Stepping Into Line".

wai.gif

• Like 2

You have got to give it to Ulysses G he starts a thread, or should I say restarts a thread, on a roast dinner, and it turns into a dogfight.

Maybe they should roast the dog.

I've never seen the dog "Waltz into mischief", he seems to sit there, good as can be in "The Sun and The Rain". "Give me a Reason" to not love that dog Mary.

If you're not a fan of dogs, "Please Don't Go" "One Step Beyond" the entrance. But "Don't Quote Me On That", its not my place to say.

"A Day on the Town" wouldn't be right without seeing "That Face" of the darling dog Mary. You could say it would be "Madness"

wai.gif

clever stuff Naboo, but you couldnt get "Michael Caine" in there.?...still "not a lot of people know that" one

wai.gif

clever stuff Naboo, but you couldnt get "Michael Caine" in there.?...still "not a lot of people know that" one

"My Girl" once said she saw him on a "Nightboat To Cairo" she almost had a "Cardiac Arrest" that's it this is getting daft now biggrin.pngbiggrin.png Edited by thaimiller