Citybus To/Fro Relocated Saithai=Hollandbeer

asanee

for the time being Sai Thai (new) is relocated to this place along Ram II rd in south-west part of BKK, bangkHunTien. Perhaps -as I have done before, regulars on transpo like billp, GOPBI may take note of this-I wont entertain further nervous questions.

Ram II rd is served by numerous city=BMTA-buses. The most useful are (for normal times- dont know how much they are also affected by floods on other parts of route):

140. AC-white/yellow/orange- to bangpakok-then Expresway-comes down at Pratunam and does 1way loop along Ratchprarop-VICT-Monum-then Phyathai ARL-and back. This is about the only busline in the whole of the BMTA to make a profit.

141. as 140-Exway-down at Klong Toey (MRT)-then 1way loop via Ram IV-Siam=BTS-Chula and back. Mostly older white/cream stinky AC-buses

76. new orange AC; Bangpakaew-BigC-BTS=WongWienYai-follows more or less BTS=no need to change, along Satron-then Silom-1way loop via Lumpini-Wittayu-Pratunam-WTC. SOme=very few busues run on to Makkasan ARL-these have big sign in Thai telling you. runs 24 hrs.

17.White private: bangkpakok-loops around-then over New Road-Satorn-Lumpini-WTC-Pratunam-Vict.;Attention: Most of these stop short at Bgpakok-ASK on entering if you think you want this 17-76 is most likely far better

68. white normal, NOT private and AC-private. bangpakaew-Mall TaPra (floods??)-PATA-Pinklao bridge-ends at Wat Bovorn just round corner from Khao Sarn.

558. brandnew all-yellow bus: to bangpakok-then Exway-to Bangna-Bang Phlee- and ends SWAMPY BUSterminal-one of the few remaining buses to there-VERY long ride-at least 90 mins-but quite frequent.

For those too nervous to understand: yes, all these buses also do reverse-except where I noted 1wayloop, there exit=entry.

INbound buses=to centre stop at same side as Holland beer=big wooden lookalike western style beersaloon with a big windmill that started life long ago as HEINEKEN beer hall. This place is very close to a BigC and a Central on opposite side of road-if you see this, you have come too far from centre-walk back+cross road is then still short.

Normal taxifare toward Silom/Saladaeng (about 13-15 kms) should be about 110-130 bt+more if exxessive waiting As most arrivals are by nightbus very early=no jams, so no real need for expressway.

I don't read Thai and rely on front window sign color to detect the frequent route deviations.

I know that:

BLUE= Normal route

RED= Shortened route, reversing direction somewhere before the normal turnaround.

Does YELLOW denote x-way route? I always have a problem with the #511 bus when I want to return to lower Sukhumvit from Pantip Plaza, have several times ended up on an x-way bus going to Suk. 62.