Where Is It Flooding Right Now?

cdnvic

I need to go to Chaeng Wattana government complex from Bangna. There's no option. I have a 4x4 pickup but dont want to submerge it unless necessary. How bad is the flooding? Can I go on the expressway, down to Vibhavadi and then left to Ch. Wattana road (to Pakkret) , then into the govt centre? Or should I just take the skytrain to Mor Chit and then jump on a truck?

Took the #10 van from Central to Chatujak this morning. Most of Chaengwattana seems dry, but the van did use the overpass over Klong Prapa, and it seemed there might still be some water in the road in front of Lotus, not sure. On the other side, the road seemed dry, but the army base still has water. One of the passengers watned to get off at TOT, there were a couple of inches of water in the curb lane. Driver let the passenger who wanted to go to IT Square off at the bottom of the flyover for Viphavadee-Rangsit. So instead of the normal route, the van went over V-R flyover, then U-turned to get back to V-R and then to Chatujak...that part was all dry. Would have to assume there must be water in front of IT Square if the van avoided it? Should have an update on Chinnakhet area tomorrow as one of my staff is going into retrieve stuff.

There is no water around IT Sq neither behind it or in front of it.

Chaengwattana Road is dry. My staff tells me that some of the sois still have water, so it's possible the gov't complex has some water. You could drive, park at IT Square since it seems that's dry or else at Avenue Chaengwattana or Big C, Makro or Central Plaza and take public transport into the complex if there is water that is too high for your 4X4.

This morning's Nation said the northbound lane of V-R still had water from Laksi which probably explains why the van detoured yesterday.

Government complex is high..

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went back to the house yesterday in Si Kan Don Muang around Srong bra Pa Rd. and Srong Bra pa is passable by pickups and 4X4's most places, the deepest was only about knee depth for a brief distance just before Klong Bra Pa the rest is only ankle to shin deep and below the curbs with the sidewalks completely exposed and a filthy mess as is the entire once well landscaped road.

The truck drivers are also better then the boat drivers as they are mostly making runs for free though I still donated to the cause for fuel where as the boat drivers were mostly scam artists and gouging people..

From Srong Bra Pa Rd. to our house is mostly dry with a bit of water in the gutters on both sides and a ton of mud and holy Christ the mossies!!!

If you're reading FROC? Begin spraying!! You're already weeks late!!!

Does anyone have current info for the area Ramindra Soi 5 to 19 and in as far as Tharaeng ?

Am overseas & I still can't get thru on Skype.

I won't be able to phone in again until Wednesday at the earliest.

I had a brief call last Friday & they said it had dropped down to above the ankles in the lower floor of the house.

It had risen to waist level in the house at it's highest so I am dreading the damage report.

The odd numbered sois on Ramindra are still flooded up until around soi 41 (or so). The level varies a lot, at around km 1+000 the depth was almost knee level some other sois much less. Also, a lot of water on Ramindra itself around the Laksi roundabout.

This was as of yesterday evening.

Chaeng Wattana is dry completely, evendo some sois are still flooded. Whipawhadi inbound is dry from Laksi , evendo you can not yet use the U turn bridge at Donmuang yet, Also the local road is dry..

This was the situation yesterday.

So got to Consular or immigration should not be a problem.

Hi there/.

Does anybody have the current info on road conditions between Phetkasem road junction (around the Mall Bangkae). Coming from west and going onto / and coming back turning - Phetkasem road onto Ringroad No.9 Kanchanaphisek Road and going down Frontage road.

I am planning to go to Makro Bang Bon store there tomorrow? using the frontage road.

Also i want to go further round ringroad to New Ikea store later in the week? what is the condition of the No.9 Ringroad to Bang Na to Ikea store.

Any news would be helpfull

Thank you.

Also i want to go further round ringroad to New Ikea store later in the week? what is the condition of the No.9 Ringroad to Bang Na to Ikea store.

Thank you.

re this-no pwobwem and there also never has been-on that side of ChPraya. if you can egt on the new southern ring rd in your area-there should be no pwobwem at all. In fact you approach the new IKEA via the normal Bangna-trat road, it is about opposute the Tesco before Bang Phlee-turn of to ram2.

Specific question on BANG KHEN-Chaeng wattana rd, most eastern end- area east of the canal beside DonMuang airport-opposute Rajabath uni, beside the Valuemart (ex JUSCO) and McDon-close to the Laksi roundabout/statue. I guess it is by now mostly dry and walkable? but has it been flooded here heavikly in the last weeks/ As the situation seems to differ so much even whithin 1 km distance and there was a major flood coming down along Phahonyotin+Ram Indira-just slightly east, I wonder about this now. TIA for any answer.

Here in Don Muang, the water is still about 2 and a half feet and going down at an inch per day.

I also live in Don Muang and seriously trying to move out, i have a Thai friend who has confirm within the last few days he went to his home in Sirisuk (on the other side of Klong Don) and in his sub soi there was no water but in the main road about 30cm to 50cm, small cars can not pass through, only large vehicals or pick-up trucks, where i don't live at them moment i called on about November 22nd-23rd and was advised the same no cars are coming and the Attendant said the water is about up to his knee.

Here in Don Muang, the water is still about 2 and a half feet and going down at an inch per day.

I also live in Don Muang and seriously trying to move out, i have a Thai friend who has confirm within the last few days he went to his home in Sirisuk (on the other side of Klong Don) and in his sub soi there was no water but in the main road about 30cm to 50cm, small cars can not pass through, only large vehicals or pick-up trucks, where i don't live at them moment i called on about November 22nd-23rd and was advised the same no cars are coming and the Attendant said the water is about up to his knee.

The water in my soi is about ( off Chang a Akat Uit) is about 8 inches now at the most I am about to venture out in the car today along Sri Suk junction towards Harrow School and then on to Kampang Pet Road to U turn to Vipawadi in bound. I have been informed that the water outside Khet Don Muang is quite high, they have sand bagged the building and are pumping or have been pumping the rest of the water into the street- so that area is to be avoided by smaller vehicles. Also I believe that the Air Force are now pumping in water out of Don Muang. Thanks for the update Warp Speed about Thannon Song Pra Pa.

An urgent update for anyone thinking of going to Future Park Rangsit.

DON'T!

Right now there is a huge traffic jam Bangkok bound on the 305 Nakhon Nayok Road around Khlong One.

Lot of water on the road, many vehicles including trucks doing u-turns rather than trying to continue further.

I went to FP last week and the 305 was mostly okay but right now it is utter chaos with people abandoning buses and army trucks to walk the last kilometre or so through the water.

Edited by kkerry

Does anyone have current info for the area Ramindra Soi 5 to 19 and in as far as Tharaeng ?

Am overseas & I still can't get thru on Skype.

I won't be able to phone in again until Wednesday at the earliest.

I had a brief call last Friday & they said it had dropped down to above the ankles in the lower floor of the house.

It had risen to waist level in the house at it's highest so I am dreading the damage report.

The odd numbered sois on Ramindra are still flooded up until around soi 41 (or so). The level varies a lot, at around km 1+000 the depth was almost knee level some other sois much less. Also, a lot of water on Ramindra itself around the Laksi roundabout.

This was as of yesterday evening.

many thanks trompelemonde

An urgent update for anyone thinking of going to Future Park Rangsit.

DON'T!

Right now there is a huge traffic jam Bangkok bound on the 305 Nakhon Nayok Road around Khlong One.

Lot of water on the road, many vehicles including trucks doing u-turns rather than trying to continue further.

I went to FP last week and the 305 was mostly okay but right now it is utter chaos with people abandoning buses and army trucks to walk the last kilometre or so through the water.

Any word or update about what caused this and has the water receded from that area?

<br />
<br />An urgent update for anyone thinking of going to Future Park Rangsit.<br /><br />DON'T!<br /><br />Right now there is a huge traffic jam Bangkok bound on the 305 Nakhon Nayok Road around Khlong One.<br />Lot of water on the road, many vehicles including trucks doing u-turns rather than trying to continue further.<br />I went to FP last week and the 305 was mostly okay but right now it is utter chaos with people abandoning buses and army trucks to walk the last kilometre or so through the water.<br />
<br /><br />Any word or update about what caused this and has the water receded from that area?<br />
<br /><br /><br />

I don't know the cause. Traffic was light until Lagoon but a bit further on traffic ground to a halt. Didn't move for ten minutes then moved only 200 metres in 15 minutes. I don't suppose the water was overly high but my taxi driver was getting edgy. Maybe there was an accident or a protest. It was like a Saturday afternoon but with traffic going every which way. The water level is still high enough on the other side of Klong Rangsit for people to be using boats so you couldn't try the usual short cuts. Hopefully it's all sorted now.

Just heard an announcement on the radio that all owners of cars parked at Don Muang are requested to take their cars out

No, or else threat...

Judging by the pictures I saw the other day of previously but now un-submerged cars, this might prove difficult for some. Good news is that after six weeks the water is finally leaving Don Muang, 6 inches in the soi today.

Still over 1.5 meters at my house in Muang Ake according to my neighbor who just visited. Down from about 2.8 meters at the peak. It's going to be a long, long time before this is over for some of us. Glad to hear that there are at least some of you able to return. I will still be a flood refugee over the New Year, and an extremely pissed off one at that. I can't wait to sue the bastards who did this.

anyone know what the mall bang khae is like?

There is a little water infront but the mall is supposed to open for business tomorrow and should be able to do so. Parking will be a problem until all the residents cars are moved. route 9, pekasem and sai 2 are all dry but bang weark and all the sois off sai 2 are wet but passable by pickup.

Edited by mascot

I have not been in Thailand for several months now, although I keep a small apt. about 200 metres west of Charoen Krung Rd. , next to a klong, directly opposite from Wat Yannawa, (about three minutes walk south from Sapan Takin skytrain station). You actually have to walk down from Charoen Krung street level to get to the pathway, along the klong, which leads to my apartment building. I've been following the flood information here on Thaivisa religiously and have seen a photo of people

swimming around the Sapan Taksin station but have not been able to find anything else regarding my area. I will arrive in about one month, at 01:30 in the morning, after a 29 hr. journey and that would be a really bad time to be confronted with a soggy, moldy mess!

Can anyone tell me if the flood waters actually made it through Wat Yannawa and over the top of Charoen Krung Rd. at any point? Any information on this matter will be most appreciated!

Edited by uncle

Is Southern Bus Station (Sai Tai Mai) open?

How are the roads going south?

thanks

The station is open and dry. From central Bangkok no problems getting there. The roads going south, I do not know, haven't used them, but the buses probably have routes.

In addition, small cars can make it to Salaya, Phutthamonthon areas now using Thannon Thammasop. Things are getting much better day to day. Barommarachachonnani in front of Sai Tai is fine, but west of Sai 2 it is still a mess and under deep water.

Kickstart, sorry, I can't help you with info on soi Annex or Garden home.

I live not far away, on the other side of Pahonyothin rd, at soi 71. We returned home yesterday after evacuating around four weeks ago. Traffic was U turning at Saphan Mai. only army trucks from thereon. Our home still has 40-50cm's of water, 60-70cm's in Pahonyothin rd. The water does appear to be going down, but it's very slow. My wife had returned to the house a week ago, and it's only gone down about 10cm since then.

I'm supposed to start work again on the 6th Dec, at Lam Luk Ka, Klong 8. Not sure how I'm going to get there yet.

This has gone on too long now, someone needs to pull their finger out and get things sorted. The people in this area feel forgotten.