Where To Buy Coal Bbq?

walker600

You want a Weber. I know nothing about Phuket, but you can get it at Rim Ping in Chiangmai, or True Value in BKK. Also, Villa Market in BKK is a dealer for the Weber kettle. You may have a Villa Market in Phuket. If so, find a picture of the Weber you want on the Internet, print it and take it to Villa Market and order one. They only cost double the US price, but what else is new.

True value in home works has a big range but very expensive.

They have all the different coals and chips imported from all over.

They have Weber BBQ there at about 3 times the price you pay in Aussie

They imported from the USA there as well, everything imported here is expensive on average

Villa Market in Home Pro Village Chalong has Weber, but as mentioned it's expensive, about 12000B for the full size one, 6500 for the small one IIRC. They also sell Kingsford Charcoal at a large mark-up.

Your best option is to go to what my gf and I call "the cheap shop". It's the shop that sells everything from hammocks to toilet plungers to socket wrenches to anything ever made of plastic. There is one in Kata on Patak Rd. near The Big One Supermarket opposite Chartchai Barber and there is also one on Wichet road in Rawaii/Chalong maybe 500m from the circle next to the school and the other Big One supermarket. 400B for the drum cut in half if I recall.

For charcoal go to the 1st fresh food/veggie market on the right going from Chalong Circle towards Kata. Maybe 50-100M or so. Opposite Stevos Beach Food. Like 1/50th the price of the imported Kingsford at Villa.

the cheap thai charcoal is cancer infested.

Just go for the 100baht applewood at homepro if price is an issue

What cheap Thai charcoal are you talking about? The stuff I buy is just charcoaled hardwood. It still looks like tree branches. My Thai neighbors use old dried coconut husks as the fuel to BBQ their fish.

What cheap Thai charcoal are you talking about? The stuff I buy is just charcoaled hardwood. It still looks like tree branches. My Thai neighbors use old dried coconut husks as the fuel to BBQ their fish.

I agree, how can any type of charcoal be cancer infested

Charcoal is charcoal made here or imported its the same

The imported stuff looks fancy its still the same product

We bought our cheap, half drum on a stand at a bit-of-everything shop on Visit road a few hundred metres south of the SaiYuan traffic lights. West side.

They sell all sorts of stuff like plastic containers, baskets, wire shelving, etc etc. You park in the empty paddock alongside the place.

I agree, how can any type of charcoal be cancer infested

Charcoal is charcoal made here or imported its the same

The imported stuff looks fancy its still the same product

I am an expert BBQ guy because I have large books on the subject and I am fat. I have had some real crappy "charcoal" here in the land of smiles . Sometimes it is made from lumber from old houses, nails still in some pieces, varnish and paint residue,etc. Being the expert I am, there is an easy and bountiful answer to this. Mango wood. Any fruitwood is good. As mentioned apple wood. I grew up in the Wenatchee valley where literally half of the U.S. apple supply comes from. Lots of orchardists pulling out old apple trees and replacing them with pear trees.

Back to the mango wood. I simply keep my eye open for gardeners trimming or taking down mango trees and they are very happy to have somewhere to haul the branches to like my driveway. Just dry the wood and build a fire with it in your BBQ and when the fire burns down to white coals, open a beer and get it on.

Edited by bunta71

Bought a fake weber that looks pretty much like the real one for less than 1000 bahts at Homeworks opposite central. One must be insane to buy a BBQ for 10k, those weber guys are marketing geniuses.

It's the import duty and mark up of almost 300% in Thailand that makes them expensive here...