Ridiculous Ptt Commercial Romanticizing The Flood

wintermute

Anyone else see this commercial by PTT recently? It shows rural Thai people laughing and playing in the dirty cesspool water having a good ole' time while sappy music plays in the background. It's particularly offensive especially when you consider how many flood victims are getting ripped off daily by unscrupulous boat taxis, government officials, etc..

Power the Thought, To serve as channels to convey new perpectives, both domestic and overseas, which may be another nalternative solutions to problems in the Thai society without any persuasive comment or criticism. PTT Public Company Limited, as a member of the Thai society, wishes to be a medium in presenting a new alternative to the public for social and national benefits.

from ptt website

Kind of like the various ad campaigns that spin the dumping of old containers, oil tanks, ships, etc. is such a great thing because fish and other sea life will come to live there.

:)

I'm a pretty big scuba diver...they do some serious cleaning to these vessels before sinking them. They do attract lots of sea life. My favorite was the Russian destroyer off the Caymans. Really neat for a dive.

Kind of like the various ad campaigns that spin the dumping of old containers, oil tanks, ships, etc. is such a great thing because fish and other sea life will come to live there.

I'm a pretty big scuba diver...they do some serious cleaning to these vessels before sinking them. They do attract lots of sea life. My favorite was the Russian destroyer off the Caymans. Really neat for a dive.

I'm a diver as well and am aware of the results. Just about everything thrown into the ocean eventually gets grown over... I could create a mini reef at the beach at end of my soi by dumping our heavy construction waste there. I don't agree with the spin that it's such a 'good thing' though, especially by corporations whose very existence probably are forever in the red when it comes to the 'good' of the planet.

I'm a diver as well and am aware of the results. Just about everything thrown into the ocean eventually gets grown over... I could create a mini reef at the beach at end of my soi by dumping our heavy construction waste there. I don't agree with the spin that it's such a 'good thing' though, especially by corporations whose very existence probably are forever in the red when it comes to the 'good' of the planet.

Where do you dump it now?

Where do you dump it now?

We actually sell most of it and use the rest as fill on our own sites, the rest is misc. scrap that is small/light enough for the city to handle. Now if I were in some kind of business that actually produced chemical waste, that'd be challenging...