Chiangmai Toyride Needs A Pc Expert

Hog Head

The Chiangmai ToyRide is planning a Dec 8 event at an orphan boarding school near Mae Sa. The school is in fairly good nick, so this event is centred around supporting the kids rather than providing infrastructure. One need however is that 5 of the 2 year old computers "do not work". As I understand it these computers were donated, however there is no budget for repairs or maintenance so they sit dead with no educational value to the kids.

Is there a PC expert here that would be willing to take a look at these machines, determine the problem, and fix them. The Chiangmai ToyRide will arrange to deliver the machines to you, and pay for any parts, but we would hope that you could donate your expertise to do the work.

Take a look at our website to see what the Chiangmai ToyRide is all about and hopefully you can see it in your heart to give these kids a hand in life

My link

I do not see a way of editing my post, so a correction is in order

I am confused between out next two upcoming events and the school that needs the PC help is for the Dec 26 event

The name of the school is Mae Mah and is off the road to Chiang Dao just where the construction begins and then in about 8-9 Km

Dec 26 or Boxing Day, is the planned day for the give away ride event.

We would like to get the computers repaired ahead of time and take them back that day.

I imagine that you are right and the OS and software is pirated, but not sure. It could be something as simple as no anti-virus software, or OS updates, but at this point we do not know.

Makes one wonder what will happen with the one laptop per child election promise, however that is a different question.