Karcher Vs Black & Decker

The Karcher model 4.98M I purchased in 2008 in Thailand was actually made in Italy. I bought that model due to a favorable review in Consumer Reports Magazine and it was money well spent. Frankly a Thai family can "break" many tools, but this power sprayer has held up with zero repairs in over three years.

Bought a Black&Decker one about 3 years ago works well; no complains. Does well even on a fairly low water supply.

Never had a problem with any Black&Decker tools. I've got a Black&Decker basic drill and i've abused the crap out of that, still works great.

Personally, I would go for the Karcher. Had 2 models in 2 different countries, pretty powerful machines. Not sure, but I think that the only thing they make is power washers, so all their R&D would go into that. Black and Decker are probably cheaper though. Whatever you buy, make sure you have an RCD device on it. With lots of water spraying about, need to be careful

Had a Karcher in the UK for years I even dropped it off the roof of a porch (3metre drop) I was building and although it cracked the plastic case it still worked fine. 1 yr warranty vs. 6 month warrany, wheels sheesh what yer gonna do take it for a walk every day..here boy here boy

You probably wont even use the "extras" on the B&D machine they are usually useless gimmicks what you want is a good strong jet.

Edited by travelmann

I bought a different brand - probably similar to those above. I've already done some cleaning with it but find the dried dirt from the flood water simply does not remove with the power spray. You still need to scrub it by hand with string detergent to remove most of the dirt. For the power you would need to remove the dirt, it would also remove the paint. My water pressure (can't use the pump yet) is very low and I'm sure it will work better when using the pump. Note also it seemed like whatever was in the flood water actually ate into some parts of the paint - or it was simply submerged too long.

So I don't think it will matter much which brand you get as you will still need to do hand scrubbing - then repaint painted surfaces anyway.