'G.I. Joe 2' crew member killed on film set in Louisiana

News_Editor

'G.I. Joe 2' crew member killed on film set in Louisiana

2011-11-24 17:08:57 GMT+7 (ICT)

NEW ORLEANS, LOUISIANA (BNO NEWS) -- A production crew member working on the Louisiana film set of 'G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation' was killed on Tuesday while moving part of the set, local authorities confirmed on late Wednesday.

Michael Huber, 54, of Ponchatoula, Louisiana, was hired as a crew member to work on the set of the movie, which is being filmed in the city of New Orleans. But he reportedly fell from part of the equipment on the set, causing his death.

Another crew member told local news media WDSU that Huber was working on a high-powered scissor lift at the Michoud facility where NASA built the external fuel tanks for the space shuttle program, when the machine tipped over. According to reports, he was dismantling the set when the accident happened.

No other information was immediately released, as Paramount Pictures spokeswoman Virginia Lam only identified the name of the victim on Wednesday but revealed no other details. She said the studio has been cooperating with authorities.

"Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with the [crew member's] family at this time," the film studio said. "The safety of our cast and crew is our top priority and the studio is fully cooperating with all investigating agencies as they examine the circumstances surrounding this unusual accident."

'G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation' is set to be released next summer on June 29, following the successful 'G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra,' which was released in 2009. The sequel features action movie star Bruce Willis, as well as Channing Tatum, Dwayne Johnson, also know as 'The Rock,' Adrianne Palicki, Ray Stevenson and RZA, among others.

tvn.png

-- © BNO News All rights reserved 2011-11-24