Bkk To Nong Khai-Bus

swissie

Want to make a visa run tomorrow to Vientiane. Question: Are there Minibuses going to Nong Khai, originating from Victory Monument Bus Station(s) ? I know there are Buses out of Mochit, but I would prefer a Minibus from Victory Monument if at all possible.

Thanks & cheers.

mp of course not-nearly 600 kms. Are you out of your mind? KHorat is as far as it goes=halfway, bij rot tuar=minivan, and I think from Mochit/old.

Also see same-same topic on travel in Thaild forum about the 1 daily bus ex Swampy.

Buses all the way to NK are not that frequent-in the morning for daytime, or like 20-22.00 for overnight. If wait too long- take any Udorn bus-ev 30 mins and change there-perhaps even into direct bus to VTE (visum needed for Laos then)

Next answers will be of the train-pushers, who omit the relevant info re reroutes and cancelled trains-as they want to push this open air rolling stock museum at all cost

Oh dear asanee, you do have a bee in your bonnet ,do you not?Bus from Morchit to Nong Khai is a hell of a long way. And can be very scary. I always used 2nd class non-air sleeper trains. Most enjoyable journeys ,I have had, Quaffed a few gentle ales in the "cook" car ,met loads of interesting people. Had a wonderful time. .Then slept like a log. I found air -con ,so cold , I shivered all night, took it only once. Never again. I have travelled all over Thailand on Sleeper trains, have never had a bad experience.Always most entertaining times. Hope you can understand Night time buses go like the hammers of hell.I, personally NEVER travel on them at night .I do use buses during daylight hours ,as their speeds are far more controlled,( approx 80K.P.H.), BUT only if there is no Rail Option.